G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got caught speeding.. any advise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Got caught speeding.. any advise?

I agree with xlacrosse. Prosecutors and judges tend to evaluate to severity of the speeding infraction and will many times take into account the demeanor of the defendant, the conditions of the day, the area and of course, the number of miles over the speed limit. 40 over the speed limit may be considered aggravated speeding, and it is less likely that the jude or prosecutor wil be amenable to reducing the fine and or charge. Even in Missouri (use to fix tickets there all the time), where nearly all speeding tickets can be knocked down to non-moving violations, a 40 miles over the limit situation would be an extremely difficult sell.

BTW, xlacrosse, your front bumper looks awesome. Can you advise as to the brand and where I might be able to get one?

Old 10-12-2004, 04:02 PM

get State Farm insurance, they don't raise your rates for getting tickets. at least not a single ticket anyway

Steve

2004.5 6MT Coupe -- DG/G -- Aero -- Prem. Pkg. -- Navi -- 20% Tints
Aluminum Drilled Pedals -- Clear Corners -- Zaino -- PIAA Xtreme

Old 10-12-2004, 04:22 PM

Yeah, my bad. I didn't mean to make it sound terrible, but I don't really know the laws.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was about to test this last week in court. I went to fight a ticket for going 70 in a 55 posted, but with a 65 Prima Facie Limit. Conditions could not have been any better. No other vehicles on the road, which the cop likely would have testified to(based on his reasonings while I was discussing speed laws with him when he cited me). I had picked out several vehicle codes that really opened the door to using speed for conditions as an argument. Alas, for the first time in the 6 or so tickets I've fought, this cop actually didn't show. And this was probably the ideal case for this kind of argument. I'm happy with the result, but I would have liked to have been able to try a case like this as one of the cases that the cop did show up on. I would love to have at least known if he didn't show up because of personal reasons or the discussions about speed I had with him at the scene. It was a rather empty win, but a win nonetheless.