G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Trading in my G35 for CTS Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
IMO the CTS Coupe looks a lot uglier than its sedan sister. My cousin-in-law has a grey 2009 CTS sedan that's loaded through the roof, and that is one be-u-tiful machine. The coupe just doesn't look right. Same with the E-Class coupe and sedan and Lexus IS sedan and hard-top convertible. Audi and BMW has done it very well. Some cars can't just be chopped into a coupe, and others pull it off quite well.

That being said, I would advise you to try to sell your G35 yourself, they go for about $23.5 on Craigslist in the same condition here in California. The extra money is worth the patience, and since you treat your cars like a queen wouldn't you want to see it go to a good home instead of leaving it on a lot?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys for all of your opinions. The reason I didn't consider the CTS-V Coupe is twofold. First, it's going to replace my G as my daily driver so it needs to get great gas mileage, second, I already own a 500 plus car with my Z06 Corvette and that jeopardizes my license enough everytime I get behind the wheel of that monster (apply named Mr. Hyde as oppossed to my G which is Dr. Jekyl)
I understand that styling is objective, and some people don't care for the oragami styling of the car. It does look much better in person though. My car will be black which is stunning.
If the G were not such a great car, I would have already pulled the trigger. At this time, I'm considering waiting a year to let the CTS "cool off" a bit, and see if they start to offer incentives. In a year my G will be paid for, and I'll have a larger trade in value.
I am going down on Wed to look at a special ordered 6 speed manual (black on black) and who knows, I might pull the trigger [and order mine] then if he gives me a great deal!

Thanks again to all that responded, and remember..I'm NOT a G trader, I just have fallen for another girl!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are one UGLY car. Nice inside though.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG35
Im not biased at all, as much as you are paying might as well get a 335i coupe
Hallelujah! + 1,000,000 on that. Praise the lord.
I hadn't seen a friend of mine in about five years and we hooked up last Friday. She's driving an 05' CTS with 53K. The inside is peeling, the stereo is broken and the whole damn thing is just falling apart. It's a stinking POS. My 06' coupe looks frigging brand new compared to her CTS. I was raised on Ford and GM and all that I can say is "nevermore, evermore". I work wayyy too hard throw my hard earned $$$ for that kind of trash. Good luck with your new caddy.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 AM
I understand your concerns with GM build quality. Truthfully, my '08 Z06 has a few rattles and buzzes, some due to the Borla, some not. However, my '08 Silverado is just as tight as the day I brought her home from the showroom. Go figure, the more expensive the car, the cheaper it is!
My G is also perfect with NO issues at all after 43,000 miles.
But...no car is perfect...after all, I don't need to go into oil consumption problems, and the fact that right in front of me I'm staring at a recall notice.

No such problems with my American made cars.
Of my 50 plus something cars that I've owned, there's only ONE that's a lifetime keeper.

Attached Thumbnails Trading in my G35 for CTS Coupe-r1-4a.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 09:07 AM
To each his own but the CTS coupe is the ugliest car to come out since the Pontiac Azteck.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I've seen the CTS coupe on the road and the rear half of the car does not flow right. The G has a much better overall look but, the interior of the caddy is very nice,

Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
CTS Coupe

I just traded in a 2005 CTS with 80,000 miles on it and I never had a single problem with it. The Cadillacs of today are not the Cadillacs of old. GM has really had to step up the quality of their vehicles. I think we all know why. I had considered going with the CTS coupe but, finally decieded to go with the Mercedes Benz E coupe. I got tired waiting for the CTS to come out. For felixsc300 the E coupe is not a chopped sedan. Both the E sedan and the E coupe are completely new from the chassis up. The E coupe doesn't even share the chassis with the new E sedan. I wouldn't call this a chopped sedan. Mine is Black like my G35.

Attached Thumbnails Trading in my G35 for CTS Coupe-e550.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
The G is very outdated.

I say CTS-V or go home. If you dont want the power, go for the G37 or S5

Old 08-17-2010, 11:41 AM
So depressing... Caddis are built well 1 out of 500 times.. I'd choose a hyundai accent over it, and those are a tin can on wheels... just saying..

Buy yourself a new set of wheels, change the exhaust, get a new front end, voila you'll fall in love with the g once more haha

Old 08-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
CTS Coupe

Originally Posted by FlatlandJu
So depressing... Caddis are built well 1 out of 500 times.. I'd choose a hyundai accent over it, and those are a tin can on wheels... just saying..

Buy yourself a new set of wheels, change the exhaust, get a new front end, voila you'll fall in love with the g once more haha
What was the last Cadillac you owned and how long did you own it? The Cadillac CTS has made Car and Drivers top ten list the last two years.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Lots of people missed the part where OP is asking about the trade value of his G, not his choice of new car. I agree that selling your G privately then driving a hard cash bargain for the Cad is the way to go. I think a cooling-off period while you put your G up for sale would be a good strategy. Also, normally I would talk price on the Cad first and not even mention a trade until I had a very good price.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HAHAHAHA is this honestly being discussed. cadillacs SUCK and the cts is a huge FAIL!! my uncle said he was the happiest man when his lease was up on that piece. stick with the G. have fun in winter with a cts thatll be in the ditch half of it. they arent even luxurious on the inside to make up for their lackluster performance. keep the G.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
The G is very outdated.

I say CTS-V or go home. If you dont want the power, go for the G37 or S5
reviews said that the S5 was all show not very much go...for the price and what is expected from it. they do turn mad heads though

Old 08-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Sick Z06 you have there!

I would say 19500 is a pretty fair trade in from the dealer.

How did you like the flowmaster on your G?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trading in my G35 for CTS Coupe