G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35coupe vs. new Chrysler Crossfire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35coupe vs. new Chrysler Crossfire?

215 hp is not enough firepower (especially for a modern v6).

If the "Crossfire" is going to battle with the Z or G35C,
then "Crossfire" is appropriately name because that's
how it's going to be taken out.

Old 04-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm, seems like we don't have all the details in this post yet, so I'll add some.

1) The Crossfire will be sold around $35k.For the same price, you can get either a G35C or 350Z. I like the Crossfire, except the price tag makes me dizzy. Let's try to remember this is still a Chrysler, NOT Mercedes Jr.

2) If the Crossfire really uses the same engine as the Mercedes C320, then I suppose we can expect a 350hp supercharged version sometimes in the future. That'd be something to watch out for.

3) Mercedes quality has been dropping ever since they merged with Chrysler. (Actually it has been dropping even before that) Mercedes's image as a luxury maker has been suffering lately. I sincerely hope they get their acts together and start making reliable cars again.

4) The Chrysler Crossfire definitely has some Mercedes gene in it. Namingly the mechnical parts, and the over the top price tag that makes you hiccup. IMHO, you can compare this car with a Z, but not a G35C. I guess what Chrysler is trying to say is that their cars are more luxurious than Nissan.

Old 04-13-2003, 03:18 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Mercedes quality has been dropping ever since they merged with Chrysler. (Actually it has been dropping even before that) Mercedes's image as a luxury maker has been suffering lately. I sincerely hope they get their acts together and start making reliable cars again.

<hr></blockquote>
I definitely second that one. Mercedes cars are so sh***y now compared to what they used to be. My mom has an E320, and that thing is horrible. It's in the shop more than it's not, and the same problems never get fixed by Mercedes' horrible service dept. She's trying to get rid of it right now so she can get an FX35 [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003 G35 Coupe
Black, Willow, 6spd, Aero, Prem
On the way...due in April...hurry!! [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2003, 09:35 PM

Um. MB owns Chrysler.
Why? Go look at the Board of Directors BEFORE and AFTER the merge.
Notice how all DaimlerChrysler's Board of Directors are all Former MB Board of directors?

Chrysler = Dodge = Plymouth
When you bring in those types of comparisons MB does NOT equal Chrysler.

Old 04-14-2003, 01:54 AM

agreed. except for the SL 55, I think most mercedes got cheaper. more plasticky... overall they are still very very very very nice... but not as nice as before.

secondly. it seems that people who buy mercedes don't care about about comparison shopping. They won't buy an infiniti because it is "better for the money"... they simply don't care. that is like trying to tell a very superficial person that "this old navy is a better value than that versace shirt"... They are buying the mercedes name and the status that comes with it.

Even before infiniti got their act together and started making such great cars, I thought BMW always made better cars for the money than mercedes, yet all the people that I knew who had loads of money would rather get an SL 420 than a 750... or the equivalent mercedes over the equivalent anything, simply because of name value.

Old 04-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Crossfire is a Benz engine and platform wrapped in a Chrysler-styled exterior and interior. I like the looks (from the front anyway), but performance wise it's going to be around 220 hp and weight more than the G.

If the G didn't exist, I'd be interested, but I think my car trumps the Crossfire in every category.

p.s. Ford only owns 33% of Mazda.

-Jack

Black obsidian / graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 04-14-2003, 09:29 PM

RaySur350GT :

I want to clear this up......I worked for DCX and Chrysler does not own Benz. The fact is Benz owns Chrysler. All of the board of management for DaimlerChrysler is GERMAN. They are running the company.

Just to let u know

Desert Platinum/Premium/Graphite/Winter/Sport/Aero/NAV