G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Hit and Run on FREEWAY **PICS**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 08:15 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hit and Run on FREEWAY **PICS**

Damn bro, that sucks. The main thing is you and girl is are not injured and are fine. Thats terrible and I guess thats why they say no matter how careful you may drive, you still can't vouch for the other drivers out there. Glad everyone is okay and let us know how the repairs go. Also make sure your painter is familiar with pearl* as it is one of the most difficult colors to match/blend.

-Vin

Old 10-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Were you guys going North or South on the 110? Just curious, cause I used to drive that stretch of freeway all the time.

On the 110 North, I saw a Ferarri F355 crash on the 110/101 split.

Going south, I see people almost cause wrecks all the time, because they don't know that if you fail to merge onto the 110 from the 101, you can try later, as it will re-merge about a mile ahead. So most of the time, you see guys desperately trying to get on the 110. I see a lot of wrecks getting on the 110 from the 5 south as well, as there is a nasty 90 degree bend. One time my friend was driving a toyota truck, and I swear we got on two wheels, when he hit that curve. (He was visiting me from Oregon)

But anyways, that sucks man. I really feel for you.

You ever drive on the Orange Crush? (Merge/Interchange of CA-22, I-5, CA-57) near the Block at Orange? I swear the only people I see cause wrecks there are tourists

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by avs007 on 10/10/04 05:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry to hear about your accident. Fortunately you both were not harmed by this idiots display of stupidity.

They may never catch him....but he will get his some day, lets hope real soon.

I'm sure your insurance will cover the damages, and your car will be repaired like new......

Most important is that you two survived, and no one else was injured.......just too bad no one got the A-Hole's plate number....

04 cpe JDM clear corners/Piaa's/MTEC H4 Super White fog/highs

Old 10-10-2004, 09:32 PM

Hey guys. Thanks for the support. Hopefully insurance will cover this. Previously with Farmers, I remember them specificaly telling me I needed the other vehicle's plates or even if I had uninsured motorist coverage, it wouldn't apply. Hopefully, that's not the case with 21st Century, my current provider. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed and hope there aren't any issues.

One thing that just boggles my mind, is there were so many cars around, I can't believe a single person didn't call it in and report the guy that ran off. If it were the other way around, I would totally call it in with that person's plates. But I guess, not everyone has the same mentality.

As for a police report, yes, I called the police right away and filed a report. That much I know to do.

As for the paint, thanks for the warning, I know it's the hardest color to match. When I had the body kit painted, they had to repaint it a couple of times. Just becuase in the shade it may look like it matches, but then in the sun, it doesn't, and vice versa.

Anyway, thanks again guys. It's awesome to have such a great support group of people with similar passion. Well, it's one more G35 down for the count... for now.

04 6MT Pearl
K&N Typhoon/Grounding Kit
Borla Headers/Cat Back Exhaust
Kinetix Plenum/Cats
Nismo Front Bumper/Side Skirts
Impul Rear Bumper/Spoiler
www.AirSplat.com -AirSoft Guns

Old 10-11-2004, 06:25 PM

During night time? Clubbers take that freeway to Hollywood. Must have been DUI.

Sorry dude. Its hard for other drivers because most driver who witness this accident will be behind you. Its likely they hit their brakes to avoid hitting you by that time the truck might be out of sight already.

Unless they purposely chase after them its going to be hard to copy plates down.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Alumni****

damn man.. just glad to know that you and your gf are alright.. spinning out is scary as hell cause that's when you truly have no control.. i hope your car gets repaired quickly.. good luck!

David
04 Ivory Pearl G35C
Z-Tube/Popcharger, Fujitsubo Y-Pipe
Pioneer AVIC-N1

Old 10-11-2004, 08:43 PM

What about all these traffic cameras on the freeways? Maybe you can call CalTrans or the respective department to see if they have tape from that day. Might be worth a shot.

Be In The Present
Learn From the Past
Plan For The Future

Old 10-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn bastards!!! > that really pisses me off.

Hope you car gets repaired quickly and painlessly from here.

2004 G35C 6MT Brilliant Silver

Old 10-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Hey guys. Thanks for the support. Hopefully insurance will cover this. Previously with Farmers, I remember them specificaly telling me I needed the other vehicle's plates or even if I had uninsured motorist coverage, it wouldn't apply. Hopefully, that's not the case with 21st Century, my current provider. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed and hope there aren't any issues. "

If you have collision coverage, it should be covered (with a deductible). Uninsured motorist property damage(or deductible waivers) do require you ID the other party to some reasonable extent (varies based on policy language).

Old 10-11-2004, 10:58 PM

That's just crazy.. There are so many people in the world who just don't give a crap! Anyway, I am glad that no one was hurt. Like someone else said, it's a machine it will be fixed. But the main thing is that you lived and are still healthy to drive a new one.

2003.5 G35C 5AT
Premium Package
Tire/Wheel Package
K&N Filter, Z-Tube, EGK

Old 10-12-2004, 01:54 PM

Insurance just called. CKwik, you are right on the mark. That's exactly what they said, collision will cover the damage becuase I have no plates or info on the driver who hit us. However, still need to pay deductable. Thanks CKwik, you auto insurnace knowledge is impressive.

On a side note, as everyone else has mentioned, I am glad that we're all ok and no one was hurt. We don't have to be hospitalized or need any recovery or see a chiropractor or doctor. I am definitely thankful for that. :-)

04 6MT Pearl
K&N Typhoon/Grounding Kit
Borla Headers/Cat Back Exhaust
Kinetix Plenum/Cats
Nismo Front Bumper/Side Skirts
Impul Rear Bumper/Spoiler
www.AirSplat.com -AirSoft Guns

Old 10-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, but I would hope I know insurance. Since I am a claims adjuster. =P

Old 10-13-2004, 02:46 AM

i agree with cookie here...that stretch of the freeway is notorious for clubbers going home drunk and whatnot. one more reason i hate going to hollywood to go clubbing. highlands is cool and all but not to go every frikkin weekend...

i was on the same stretch of freeway a month or so ago and for some reason traffic just almost went to a standstill...at 2 in the frikkin morning with no construction or accidents! i hate the 101 and 110!

APC is my weapon of choice.
APC reeks of great taste.
APC is the greatest aftermarket company in the world!

Old 10-13-2004, 10:21 AM
G SQUAD

That ish sucks......glad you and your girl are ok....good luck with repairs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hit and Run on FREEWAY **PICS**