G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I paid for powder-coating and was painted !?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
If you really want to get him and the real powder coater says that they were painted you need to contact your local news. Our local channels have "investigative reporters" that look into just these kind of things. If you don't mind appearing on camera they will go directly to the guy and interview him or try to interview him. This type of publicity would definately damage his business.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
If you really want to get him and the real powder coater says that they were painted you need to contact your local news. Our local channels have "investigative reporters" that look into just these kind of things. If you don't mind appearing on camera they will go directly to the guy and interview him or try to interview him. This type of publicity would definitely damage his business.
....^....Great idea, but first investigate all the possibilities of getting your $$ back for a job done incorrectly. Prove to this thief you know the job was done wrong and demand your $ back or like I posted on page 1, take him to small claims court with proof in your hand in the form of a signed document stating the wheels were painted not powder coated.
Gary

Old 08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay .. update .. I went to a professional powder coater today after work .. they mostly do industrial equipment but he told me he'd be able to check .. on first glance he said the MOST RECENTLY done rim looked painted .. he walked around and said the rest sort of look painted but feel powder coated .. he said he could check it with acetone but it would ruin the paint IF it was painted .. he THEN said he would check the thickness of the material on the rim and that would pretty much tell us .. the three original rims measured at about 3000-5000th of thickness (which he said was right on for PC UNLESS it was primered and then painted but he thinks it's legit powder coating) .. so, he goes to the NEWLY DONE rim that I waited three weeks for .. the thickness .. 13000-20000th in some parts .. this is the rim I was most upset with .. he said it looks like they just painted over the original powdercoating and clear coated the hell out of it to pass for a PC job .. inside where the lugs go looks like crap and there's like orange peel in a lot of spots .. so now, I'm thinking I'm going to go back to this guy and complain my *** off .. I paid $176 dollars to have this NEWLY done rim repaired and repowdercoated and not only do I still have dents but it's effing painted .. think I have grounds to get my money back ?? this is getting insane but thankfully three out of the four are alright (at least until I get them redone this Spring lol)

Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 PM
how do you know there painted?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no offense but why would you take delivery/pay for something if its not up to par in the first place? you live in bergen county go to wheels usa and have them take care of you for 100/rim for powder coating...

Old 08-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
no offense but why would you take delivery/pay for something if its not up to par in the first place? you live in bergen county go to wheels usa and have them take care of you for 100/rim for powder coating...
already called them and I've done business with them many times before for rim repairs so I might avoid my boy and just deal with them this Spring to have my rim completely redone .. BUT, the reason I took it is because I basically was tired of driving on the spare for three weeks .. three weeks of my Summer shot to hell .. so I just put them on thinking the PC job wasn't AS good .. lesson learned I guess but I'm definately only dealing with USA or a shop with a good rep from now on .. USA quoted me like 150 a rim to completely strip, repair, pc, mount and balance .. so they're all I'll deal with now but lesson learned

Old 08-24-2010, 04:45 PM
150 isnt bad for repairing as well as a unmount/mount/balance you get what you pay for, short cuts usually wind up costing just as much if not more int he long run. Dont look of it as your summer shot just because your car was on a spare, youre gunna get it back in action in no time

Old 08-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Yea file!