G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

cracked front lip!! (pic)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
Unless the seller advertised this as a broken lip. I would send it back to him, thank him for ripping you off and then purchase a brand new one in your body color from Riverside Infiniti or Infiniti parts USA. Don't know what you paid, but for a lip with a break like that $20.00 for the lip would be fair. Unless your really tight for $$$ fixing something like this that you weren't told about before you purchsed it is stupid. No one who sells on this forum should do you like that. So much for the brotherhood post his name so we all know who he is and won't get ripped of by him in the future.
i really dont think its him. he had been honest and sent bunch of pics before the sale. my gut tells me it was freakin UPS. since i have worked there before, makes it convincing.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
Same here, good stuff.
where can this be purchased!!!??

anyone know how much more a bodyshop would charge for something like this?>

Old 08-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey everyone,
In my searching I ran across this thread. Although never mentioned (I really do appreciate not doing so) I am the seller of this lip. I'm willing to come out and let all those people who were wondering know. As stated, I sent the lip via UPS with 15$ of bubble wrap and somehow during transit the lip got messed up. In conversations with Jayson ( fantastic buyer btw, highly regarded in my book ) prior to selling the lip, pictures from all angles were sent to show the condition of the lip. Although sadly this doesn't mean as much anymore, especially via internet, I gave my word as to the condition of the lip prior to selling. To rectify the situation, Jayson and I have been in full contact over the matter and I've offered to cover the cost of some epoxy previously mentioned in this thread. Ultimately I made a mistake shipping UPS, and because of that I've taken full responsibility. Again I would just like to let the forum know that Jayson is a fantastic guy, and don't hesitate if you have the chance to deal with him in the future.

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by illmatic35
hey all, bought a oem lip from a member here and when i got it i found a nice beautiful crack in the middle. is this fixable? im thinking of just getting heavy duty glue or gorilla glue lol.

any ways this can be fixed or could the body shop fix cracks as well?

please help, i was so excited to get this on and i saw that nasty crack!!
Wow, so you were the other guy the seller was talking about when him and I were pm'ing each other about the lip huh lol? I was about to buy the same lip from him the same day you did but passed on it because I found his price to be a little high for all of the scratches that it had. Tough break man, but I'm glad it wasn't me making this thread....

I'll give it to him though, he's a good guy for coming in this thread and making his presence known about the whole situation and handling it properly.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by izeroi
Wow, so you were the other guy the seller was talking about when him and I were pm'ing each other about the lip huh lol? I was about to buy the same lip from him the same day you did but passed on it because I found his price to be a little high for all of the scratches that it had. Tough break man, but I'm glad it wasn't me making this thread....

I'll give it to him though, he's a good guy for coming in this thread and making his presence known about the whole situation and handling it properly.
definitly a great guy. like i said i would work with him in the future again. no doubt! you cant suspect stuff not be damaged, esp whens its traveling so far. (arizona to oregon).

like i said, i have no hard feelings about the situation. whoozyadaddy is a great seller and would recommend the brotherhood to buy from him in the future.

i know i would

in no ways i was calling him out on this thread. i just wanted to know if polyurethane can be fixable. so i can rock this badboy on my G! just anxious about the lip thats all. =)

Old 08-26-2010, 09:51 PM
I was also in communication with whoozyadaddy7, but passed in favor of a sport bumper. illmatic35 the stuff everyone else talking about should do it. My brother fused together the housing on his streetbike's headlight housing after going down and it sealed/held up extremely well. Not sure what the products called, but most body shops use it to fix tears in OEM abs bumpers. I'm sure you shop would do it for free or next to nothing if you have the paint work done by them.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by illmatic35
where can this be purchased!!!??

anyone know how much more a bodyshop would charge for something like this?>
I know the dispenser is like almost $100... its basically a caulk gun that pushes the 2 tubes of epoxy in a intertwining tip to mix it and dispenses it.

I used Fusor 147... bought it a few years back.. I think it was like $30-50 a tube.

A bodyshop could prob fix it for you but its gonna cost ya

Old 08-27-2010, 05:16 AM
man i would find the bitch that did it and stick a knife in his stomach and pull it out sideways and watch all his guts spill out

Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerKneeCrush
man i would find the bitch that did it and stick a knife in his stomach and pull it out sideways and watch all his guts spill out
What if it was a box that just happened to fall on it? You going to stick that too and see what comes out?

Im sure some epoxy will do just fine its all about how you prep it afterwards.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
My apology to the seller. Is there any chance that you can get any kind of reimbursement
from UPS for the damage since you have before shipment pictures?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Apology accepted! Once I head home from college in a week I'm planning on filing a claim with UPS, until then I'll begin research on how to go about doing that. There has to be a way to make UPS cover some of the cost, although being a corporation I'm sure they find ways to protect themselves from having to reimburse the customer.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:19 PM
^ wondering the same. i dont know if UPS has some kind of reimburstment.

let me know how that works. =)

in other note.. went to a local body shop here. getting it fixed and painted and installed for 300. i dont know if thats a good price, but other body shops quoted me 500.

so its all getting taken care of. pics will be up once installed. woot!