G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please help me repair my G :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so who fault it is? i know he cut you off but stop, but you hit him from behind. did you call the police? and i just wonder who fault it is?

Old 08-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experience with insurance company you if you someone from behind your fault just be happy no cops were called then your premium would go up because you would be at fault post more pics to get the best advice

Old 08-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jg35skyline
Your looking at 11-13k in repairs... its totaled bro get your money so you can get another G coupè.
Good call, 12k was my estimate

Originally Posted by G35_REDLINE
so who fault it is? i know he cut you off but stop, but you hit him from behind. did you call the police? and i just wonder who fault it is?
My fault. I didn't hit the guy who stopped in the road, I hit the person directly behind the guy who stopped, who was forced to slam on brakes as a result of said stopper. Police were called, I wasn't ticketed but it was still cited as my fault on the report I believe

Old 08-29-2010, 07:36 PM
12k thats a rip off sell the car or slowly repair it.Estimates are based on dealership prices for parts.
Is it a 6 speed ???
Can you post more pics

Old 09-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Filed with insurance, got about 7k. I will be trying to source a hood, bumper, grill, and MAYBE some blacked out headlights.

Any recommendations?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now you have a down payment for a G37 coupè or a 5.0 Mustang...

Old 09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by LiquidClen
Filed with insurance, got about 7k. I will be trying to source a hood, bumper, grill, and MAYBE some blacked out headlights.

Any recommendations?

You will have to post more pics for help with that decision from. From what i see the damages aren't that bad. Buy a hood and grille (200-300 depending on where you go) buy the drivers airbag because it doesn't look as if your pass. airbag went off (drivers airbag 200-300) SRS crash sensor(50-186) change these parts yourself then get th front repainted the bumper doesn't look damaged. (paint 1,000-1,500) im not sure if your car is fully paid if not use the rest to payment.

Im kind of lost on what happen with the insurance company please elaborate

Old 09-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jg35skyline
Now you have a down payment for a G37 coupè or a 5.0 Mustang...
Just bought this car, not looking to sell.

Originally Posted by mjholla19
You will have to post more pics for help with that decision from. From what i see the damages aren't that bad. Buy a hood and grille (200-300 depending on where you go) buy the drivers airbag because it doesn't look as if your pass. airbag went off (drivers airbag 200-300) SRS crash sensor(50-186) change these parts yourself then get th front repainted the bumper doesn't look damaged. (paint 1,000-1,500) im not sure if your car is fully paid if not use the rest to payment.

Im kind of lost on what happen with the insurance company please elaborate
Where can I get the drivers airbag and SRS crash sensor for that cheap? And it isn't hard to change it myself?

I need a new radiator also. You have a source for all these cheap parts? I'm thinking aftermarket hood/bumper since they cost the same price as what insurance would be giving me.

Car is paid off btw.

What happened with insurance was I was debating paying the damage myself if it was low because I assumed my rates will skyrocket. Was quoted by independent shop that works on my Dads car at $12k. Couldn't afford that so I filed with insurance. They assessed damages at $7k. I'm going with one of their recommended shops that I have heard does quality work (and it's warrantied by Allstate)

Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I repair crashed cars I get most parts shipped from california but I live in NY so I know where to get things for the best price.You will have to post more pics for better help.
How many airbags deployed??? I'm guessing 1
Is the title clean still???

Hood 4 bolts(caution needs atleast 2 ppl)

driver airbag 2 screws(caution disconnect battery)

The radiator might be a little more complicated(easy for me )

explain how the radiator is damaged but not the condensor because it sits in front of the radiator

Old 09-01-2010, 11:29 PM
1 airbag, driver's. Title is clean. Not sure how radiator is damaged, but needs to be replaced I believe.

The quoted me at $750 for the airbag and $750 for the sensor. It could save me a ton of money if you could help me get those cheaper. Car is not in my possession, so I can't take pics. Even if I could, you wouldn't be able to see much because I cannot raise the hood

Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Wow that is highway robbery. If the radiator is damage for sure you will also need a a condensor. I'm sure the radiator support is damaged also cracked too.the hood can't open because it is bent downward stuck by something just pull hard enough it will come up. I have parts coming to the shop next week for a customer including parts you need but it's best to figure out everything you need

Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by mjholla19
Wow that is highway robbery. If the radiator is damage for sure you will also need a a condensor. I'm sure the radiator support is damaged also cracked too.the hood can't open because it is bent downward stuck by something just pull hard enough it will come up. I have parts coming to the shop next week for a customer including parts you need but it's best to figure out everything you need
I have an itemized list from ins, I will write what they said tomorrow

Old 09-03-2010, 02:10 PM
where is your list

Old 09-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
If your insurance gave you 7k for the repairs based on a shop's quote.. Then why not let that show do it for 7k? Are you planning to get it done for cheaper and pocket the rest?

Old 09-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Yes that is what he is trying to do and why not maybe he can buy some rims for his car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please help me repair my G :(