G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sirius Vs. XM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Vs. XM

Just wanted my fellow G35 & G35 wanna-be owners to give me thier opinions (Cuz I know ya got one =} ) re: Sirius or XM. I am leaning more towards Sirius as a choice once it's available for the G, because I hear there are no commercials......besides, isn't that the point??? What do u guys/gals think?

http://www.sirius.com

http://www.xmradio.com/

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi

Old 04-14-2003, 02:00 AM
Re: Sirius Vs. XM

Jedi.

The commercials argument is not that much of an argument when you consider that most XM stations play maybe 1 minute of advertising per hour.

That said, XM could increase that amount at any time, since they are not committed to being 100% commercial free.

That said, your investment in equipment should take into consideration how viable it will be in the future. Wouldn't want to invest in Sirius equipment if they go out of business for having an unsound business model. Advertising generates lots of revenue, and in the long run it might make Sirius less competitive and able to offer more services than XM.

That said, Sirius does have 500 thousand subscribers, so they can't be doing that bad of a job or maybe going chapter 11 any time soon.

That said, I'm still undecided and would like more feedback every bit as much as you.

Old 04-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Re: Sirius Vs. XM

I did a few minutes of research on the two company's and seems XM is the stronger and has a larger and increasing customer base. Both seem to be teamed up with equipment and auto manufactures but XM. I didn't get much beyond that but suspected I'd be leaning towards XM. I think sat. radio will be a hit in the long run and figured with the length of time I plan to own this car, I wanted this feature. Remember that just because a company with files chapter 11 or goes out of business, there will be other groups that will buy the customer base and try to make a go of it. I did a Yahoo search on 'XM verses Sirius' to begin my research. Hope this helps. ...dean

Seattle area