G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Friend is Pis#ing me off!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Friend is Pis#ing me off!!

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

the other day I blew the doors of a 325i.........both the driver and his cute girlfriend looked puzzled....I had the only grin on my face and the girl was winking at me so I say F 3 series no respect

<hr></blockquote>
How could you tell the girl was winking at you when you were so busy "blowing the doors off" his 325i? I can't tell if someone's giving me the finger, let alone winking at me... just playing )

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi

"It's a celebration bitches" - Rick James

Old 10-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, so I am getting off topic just a bit here.....BTW do what Eldy said ..... There is so much talk all the time about the 3 series, what about the 5 series tho? are we any competition for them at all? I have a friend / acquaintance with one and was just wondering,

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int, K&N Typhoon CAI, Hyper Grounding Kit, Mtek Xenon Fog/High, Clear corners, Hypers, 18's, Aero, tint, Premium, Val 1.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:37 AM

Depends on the 5... the 525 you'll crush, same motor as the 325 but much more weight. The 545 on the other hand will probably show you who's boss. This is truly an apples to orange comparison though.

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi

"It's a celebration bitches" - Rick James

Old 10-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks guys for all the replies....we are both mid 30's so we are not childish when it comes to work and other things but when it comes to cars he gets a little ****.
I drove by him when I first got the car and his jaw just dropped open when he saw it but since then he has been on the defensive saying how his car is nimble in traffic and how it handles so well, anyhow I know that if he keeps on going down this path of self gratification and using me as a sounding board then yes I will put him in his place, you all know how it is when you don't want to put a bad atmosphere around the guys you have to see everyday but we shall see as we both have the cars in question at work today.
I also think he threw a fit when I had Sirius installed yesterday...LOL
People can be so fickle.
Paul.

2004 G35 Coupe, Loaded.
2004 Lincoln Aviator
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 completely modified
1999 VW Jetta

[image]photobucket.com/albums/v406/baj123/newsig.jpg[/image]

Old 10-15-2004, 11:55 AM

1. This guy sounds more like a co-worker than a friend.
2. Who cares what he says? I don't and you shouldn't.
3. Offer to "switch keys" and then you both drive each others car to lunch. Go somewhere that is ~15 minutes away and when you get there talk about your likes/dislikes of each others rides. On the way home from lunch, switch cars again. You'll get to drive home in the nicer car and you both will have a different opinion of each others cars. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img] The BMW is a great handling car, but so is the Infiniti. Odds are he just doesn't know that... yet. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's a good idea about letting him drive your car...if you trust him.

you could also offer to go on a drive with both of your cars in the hills, and blow him away and maybe mention something afterwards 'where the hell did you go? I couldn't even see you in my mirror'. hehe.

Or you could ask him why he got the cheapest car in BMW's lineup, with the smallest engine?[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]
BTW, I don't think a 325 has the same size tires as the G.

-------------------------------------------
2004 6MT DG/G Coupe | Premium | Aero Kit | ClearBra | See profile for pix

Old 10-15-2004, 12:35 PM

Hire a car thieve, get his car stolen and then LAUGH at him!

<font color=blue>Original G35 Coupe 6MT, Black on Black</font color=blue>

Old 10-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Well we are going to go for a drive this lunch and I will see if he keeps up with me, that said he got the smallest engine and cheapest model because that is all he can offered but he had to have the bimmer badge.

2004 G35 Coupe, Loaded.
2004 Lincoln Aviator
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 completely modified
1999 VW Jetta

[image]photobucket.com/albums/v406/baj123/newsig.jpg[/image]
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by urban on 10/15/04 09:50 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I feel like I'm in college again. One of my room-mates in my quad in college had a BMW 525. He went to the Honk Kong Student Association. He hated it. He said it was nothing but a contest. He rolled up in a 525, someone else rolls up in a 540. He bought an M3 that summer, and rolls up in that. Someone else rolls up in an M5. This even continued after college. He traded up to a Maserati, and now the alumni rolls up in an F360 Modena. (These two became friends, believe it or not)

Oh, and this goes beyond cars too... My other room-mate wanted to join in the fun, to hook up with some girls. He goes in dressed in all Guess Apparel. So someone else walks in wearing all Armani Apparel. So he goes out and get all Versace Apparel, etc etc....

While all this was going on, I had 2 other room-mates who actually argued with each other about who was poorer. (One came from the "hood", the other THINKS he came from the "hood")

Old 10-15-2004, 04:12 PM

Whenever you don't have to collaborate with him on a project just ignore him. Just give him a, "yeah," "uh-huh," "okay" and nothing more and he'll get the message. Distance yourself from him. Other co-workers have proably noticed what is going on between you two since he likes to talk so much and once you distance yourself they'll figure out who the Jones' is and who is trying to keep up.

Old 10-15-2004, 04:24 PM

Yeah thats is kind of childish and shallow, like my girlfriend competing with her friend when they shop together in mall. Grow up both of you!

Old 10-15-2004, 04:27 PM

Or take it to the track

Old 10-15-2004, 04:42 PM

325CI vert is not the cheapest model they offer.

A G35C would not "destroy" a 330I/CI.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Yeah thats is kind of childish and shallow, like my girlfriend competing with her friend when they shop together in mall. Grow up both of you!

<hr></blockquote>
Amen!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Friend is Pis#ing me off!!