G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Never Run CANYONS!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never Run CANYONS!!

Hey guys im here to give a little advice about doing canyon runs and my advice is dont do it!! i recently lost my G in a canyon run. Ive ran this canyon at least 30 times before and i thought nothing would happen to me.. my friends and cousins would always tell me i would have to learn the hard way if i keep doing canyon runs but i didnt listen.. i had to learn the hard way and now i have no car, lost a lot of money and i got pretty beat up.. and if your thinking well im a good driver i can handle myself, dont get to cocky cause s**t happens that are out of your control.. take it to the track

Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Pics of the car, glad you're ok but really... you should have known better.

ESPECIALLY in a canyon, there are way to many variables and problems with those kinds of roads.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
you were doing it wrong thats why. JW how old are you ?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for swallowing your pride & posting up.
A BIG +1 for taking it to the track!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by g35guy4
Hey guys im here to give a little advice about doing canyon runs and my advice is dont do it!! i recently lost my G in a canyon run. Ive ran this canyon at least 30 times before and i thought nothing would happen to me.. my friends and cousins would always tell me i would have to learn the hard way if i keep doing canyon runs but i didnt listen.. i had to learn the hard way and now i have no car, lost a lot of money and i got pretty beat up.. and if your thinking well im a good driver i can handle myself, dont get to cocky cause s**t happens that are out of your control.. take it to the track
Unless there was another car out of its lane on the opposite side during a blind turn, all the other variables are controlled by you. It sucks losing a car in the canyons and i have personally ran with guys that have lost it on a run but at the same time everyone should know their limits before trying to get to the car's limits. Sorry to hear that but you do play a big role when driving in the canyons.

I have learned 99% of what i know about car's handling in the canyons and with that experience I did very well at a road course in my first time out.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Im 28, and id rather not post pics of my car

Old 10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by jutn35
you were doing it wrong thats why. JW how old are you ?
by this i hope you mean pushing your limits. dont over do it, glad your ok though.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
Unless there was another car out of its lane on the opposite side during a blind turn, all the other variables are controlled by you. It sucks losing a car in the canyons and i have personally ran with guys that have lost it on a run but at the same time everyone should know their limits before trying to get to the car's limits. Sorry to hear that but you do play a big role when driving in the canyons.

I have learned 99% of what i know about car's handling in the canyons and with that experience I did very well at a road course in my first time out.
Knowing your limits is no justification for running canyons!!

Do NOT try to support or justify running canyons guys or this thread will have a very short shelf life.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Knowing your limits is no justification for running canyons!!

Do NOT try to support or justify running canyons guys or this thread will have a very short shelf life.

To each is to their own... I once was not as good as i am now and i have given up trying to keep up with a stock G35 because he was simply faster and at 19 i could do nothing about it. I was smart enough to realise that during a run and slowed the fvck down because of it. I would never put my life in danger trying to prove someone something and that is the fine line that many people fail to understand. There are always drivers that are just better than you because of tallent and tallent only... I don't condone running in the canyons. I used to do it a lot and still do in rare occasions but always knew where my limits were and i think that will save you and your car just to know where the limits are....

Old 10-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
so car part out or wat?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Good advice, OP. Take it to the track, there's way too much to lose on the street.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
^^^

Old 10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Take it to the tracks is all i say. OR OR get on the freeway at 4am when NO ONE within 3 to 5 miles is in back or front of you. So you do not cause collateral damage or hurt anyone else and just yourself.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:45 PM
no car part out im going to rebuild it... i love that car i cant let it go

to all those guys who continue to run canyons because you think knowing your limits is all you need i hope you dont have to learn the hard way like me, trust me its not worth it, theres too many factors that are out of your control

Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
KEEP IT IN THE TRACK FTW...

In the streets, regardless of a canyon or open highway. All it takes is 1 fraction of a second and trouble is magnified ten times over. At least in the track emergency services are there to respond quicker.

Track or not trouble is a frame away, but putting someone else's life in danger because of your ambition to enjoy the car or even yourself is no reason why you should do it in the streets, so yes; KEEP IT IN THE TRACK

Thanks for the post, and you should post pics, it'll only emphasize the reason why others should listen to your advice if not this just looks like a post for sympathy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Never Run CANYONS!!