G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Something I notice (feel) being a new G owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What's wrong with middle aged moms?

As for the percentages of snooty people vs enthusiasts....well, I'm not sure I buy that specific breakdown. I don't think my car defines who I am and so I don't assume other people are any different. They may be, but I sure can't tell just by looking at them when I drive by them. I think you'll find snobs in luxury cars for sure but a lot of enthusiasts are snobs too. And as long as we're lumping folks into groups I'd give a sizeable percentage to the gangster posers, tuners, ricers and boy racers too. Is that a friendly, waving bunch? I don't know. Probably not the ghetto posers.

But if you really want to know why people don't wave is that we can't see one another. Stock window tinting makes it very hard to see into cars these days and a lot of folks add tinting on top of that. Mine came with add-on tinted side and rear windows. Its dark. And I hate it. Not just because its dark but because no matter how good add-on tinting is, it starts looking like crap after a few years.

So be smart, be friendly, give the G wave and resist window tinting!

Old 11-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a lot of G owners in my neighborhood that I know personally, I based my percentages off that, I know, not a very representative statistic, but you get the idea

Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by N80
But if you really want to know why people don't wave is that we can't see one another. Stock window tinting makes it very hard to see into cars these days and a lot of folks add tinting on top of that. Mine came with add-on tinted side and rear windows. Its dark. And I hate it. Not just because its dark but because no matter how good add-on tinting is, it starts looking like crap after a few years.

So be smart, be friendly, give the G wave and resist window tinting!
The majority of us can't drive the car without window tint. I had to take mine off for a few hours to get a ticket written off and I hated it. The sun burns you and it just doesn't look right without tint. After I got the ticket written off, I drove right back to the tint shop to have it put back on . It also helps with some privacy. And what's $100-$200 in a couple years? Lol. Tint = one of the best inventions ever.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:08 PM
N80
The majority CAN'T drive without it? Are you serious? To each his own. If you like it, go for it but I can't see justifying it by saying most people can't drive without it.

I live in the deep south and I'm about as fair skinned as you can get but I've never felt like I needed add-on tinting to protect me from the sun. We do wear cloths when we drive here in the south so maybe that's why I don't need heavy tinting for sun protection and, er....privacy.

I guess I should be glad you have it!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
So all this talk about not having a wave, how about starting a wave from now on. Next time you see someone in a G wave to them. Not a crazy "holy crap I'm on meth" wave, just a simple "hey nice car wave".

Old 11-05-2010, 03:29 PM
N80
Good idea. But we need to decide what wave. A salute? A down low like the bikers? Two fingers off the steering wheel?

My vote is the two handed wave. First, if you can do it in a 6MT (no hands on the wheel or gear shift) then you must be a good driver and second, if you are straight and are still willing to wave with both hands then you must be very secure in your manhood.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
its usually a peace sign for Gs around here and sometimes occasional wave

Old 11-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I don't wave cause coupes assume I'm a middle aged women i guess....

DON'T YOU SEE THE SPOILER?!!?! I HAVE A 6MT! RAWR!

Old 11-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Many Z, G owners are old people that are not on the boards either so if you wave they have no clue why you are waving and give you this weird look like do I know you, I wave if the g or z has any mod, no front plate, shaved emblems, I look for the simplest thing hahaha then I know they care about their car.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
I'll wave if the guy actuallys waves back, otherwise i look like a idiot haha.

Back in my old car, a integra type r, there was a pretty strong bond between the integra people that i saw on the streets. Everytime i waved, they would wave back and vice versa

Old 11-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like to see other Gs and Zs, but I don't even feel they are the same car. I personally like my G, but when I see a Z, I feel that they could probably perform circles around my longer wheel base luxury car. I admire the Z for performance, but as a father that still has kids who do things with me, it (the G35 Coupe) is a perfect fit.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Iagent
I like to see other Gs and Zs, but I don't even feel they are the same car. I personally like my G, but when I see a Z, I feel that they could probably perform circles around my longer wheel base luxury car. I admire the Z for performance, but as a father that still has kids who do things with me, it (the G35 Coupe) is a perfect fit.
Right on brotha. I have a 6 year old, so i had to get a car with a back seat.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by Iagent
I Don't admire the Z, im 6'3" I don't care if its faster, its just too small, plus the G does look alot better IMO

Old 11-05-2010, 08:38 PM
N80
Originally Posted by meister23
Many Z, G owners are old people that are not on the boards either
I wonder what old is? I suspect most of you here would consider me old. I've got some gray hair. Got kids who are driving now. And I sure didn't have enough money for a luxury car or a sports car when I was 25. So I guess I'm old but I am on the boards. So as soon as we settle on the secret wave at least I'll know it.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:19 PM
^ you got kids driving? Ha, at least my 40 year old butt is still young. Hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Something I notice (feel) being a new G owner