G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 to STi...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35 to STi...

Well, nothing against the STI or the EVO, but if your looking for a car that has class, a car that you could take anywhere and looks good anywhere than you should keep your G. If your looking for a car to impress your friends, or want to have a "fast and furious" approach to cars, where omg I gotta beat that M3 with my "Subaru." Thats the difference, your looking at a subaru, I mean, say your downtown. You park at a nice restaurant, of course they arnt gonna keep your car infront, I mean its not meant to be like wow, nice car. Its more like you go to a mall with your buddies, and young people are like omg sti. There is more pride and more luxury in having a G. It just looks better. When your with a girl, the satisfaction of being in a G is so much better than an STI. In my opinion I personally think the STI and the EVO look really cheap, and really ricey. I would much rather, but like a turbo on a G and kick an STI and EVO's ***, rather than get one of those cars. Thats just my opinion.

Well, nothing against the STI or the EVO, but if your looking for a car that has class, a car that you could take anywhere and looks good anywhere than you should keep your G. If your looking for a car to impress your friends, or want to have a "fast and furious" approach to cars, where omg I gotta beat that M3 with my "Subaru." Thats the difference, your looking at a subaru, I mean, say your downtown. You park at a nice restaurant, of course they arnt gonna keep your car infront, I mean its not meant to be like wow, nice car. Its more like you go to a mall with your buddies, and young people are like omg sti. There is more pride and more luxury in having a G. It just looks better. When your with a girl, the satisfaction of being in a G is so much better than an STI. In my opinion I personally think the STI and the EVO look really cheap, and really ricey. I would much rather, but like a turbo on a G and kick an STI and EVO's ***, rather than get one of those cars. Thats just my opinion.

Old 10-24-2004, 04:55 PM

I can't believe it. Yesterday I traded in my 2 month old 2004 STI for a 2004 G35 6mt Coupe, for about a $4000 deficit. They depreciate like bricks. I didn't like the STI for two reasons. Only teenage guys think it is good looking, most females describe it as hideous. Second, it rattled all over. There were at least 10 specific points that would rattle intermittently and at least one of these spots would be rattling at all times.

2004 6mt <traded in an 2004 STI rattle trap>

Old 10-24-2004, 04:58 PM

i came to a conclusion.... it is unfair for the STi and Evo drivers to knock on G35's for being slow... cuz for the price, the STi and Evos are faster...

BUT G35's arent FI.... if you wanted to make things even and FI a G... then we'll see. im not knockin those aforementioned rally cars, but i just thought that it is unfair to compare the performance of FI vs N/A.

Old 10-24-2004, 06:00 PM

you're speaking up for him like you're his girl...go away!

Old 10-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys....you are comparing apples to tomatoes.
The cars are completely different.....built for different purposes and objectives.
Bottom line...STI & Evo are FUGLY!
Go Boy Racer...Go.

"I like you.....You remind me of myself when I was young and foolish"

Old 10-24-2004, 06:13 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Now, before you start getting all upset, I'm not saying there aren't MODDED STi's and Evo's out there that can smoke my Z06. I know there are. But stock, or even lightly modded, an STi is no match for a Z06.

<hr></blockquote>

Yo Z06, dont even waste your time!! Thsi guy has never sat in, raced against, driven or have researched anything on the Z06 to be calling it overweight and overrated HAHA!! Yo compare apples to pears and compare your Sti up to a regular bone stock C5 Vette, thats more your speed, dont compare Apples to PUMPKINS and humiliate yourself making stupid comments about the Z06, it will outhandle you on the track despite your AWD, how do i know? Hmm maybe because 3 of my friends have Sti's, one of their fathers has a Z06 and one has a regular C5 Vette, what a coincidence right? Anyway coming from the one witht he sti and his father who has a z06, and who WORKS AT A SUBARU DEALERSHIP, he says even with major money upgraded in the Sti its still hard to keep up or beat a Z06 bone stock! You sound like a fool, and this is froms omeone who loves Sti's and wants or wanted one, you just turned me off to them knowing there are the biggest fcukin a$$holes out there who drive them, all of my frienda are cool and the 30+ people i know wqho have them. Peaceeeee

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 10-24-2004, 06:39 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

Oh here's a little comparo, this site is also overly generous to the Sti in its perf. #'s i must say, it rips the sti on the track LOL!!!! http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...ID1=15&ID2=169

Oh here's one against a 99 Vette, more your speed and it still beats the Sti around the track, wow!
http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=106&ID2=169

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package

Old 10-24-2004, 06:58 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver

And here's top gear's results!! R&T also did a little comparo and these are the cars it went up against!
1.360 Modena 2. Lotus Elise 3. Porsche 911 Turbo 4. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII 5. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

And dont forget topgear =)http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps/

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package

Old 10-24-2004, 07:59 PM

The ZO6 like other American muscle cars are overrated. They are too heavy, overpriced, can't handle, and have cheap parts.

<hr></blockquote>

Foolish little boy - you really are as ignorant as you sound, aren't you?

Too heavy? That's REALLY funny. The Z06 weighs LESS than your STi does! That's right: the STi weighs 3,263 lbs., versus only 3,118 lbs. for the Z06.

Overpriced? Name ONE car that can outperform a Z06 for the same price or less. You won't be able to name one for even $30k MORE than the cost of a Z06. The closest car that will beat a Z06 is a new Viper, and they're selling for $85k.

Can't handle? Right. That's why the Z06 pulls over 1.0 g on the skidpad, runs the slalom at 72 mph, and can run the Nurburgring in under 8 minutes. But, given the ignorant posts you've made thus far, you probably have no idea what any of this means.

Thats why you only see grey-haired old men driving them.

<hr></blockquote>

Grey haired men like Mario Andretti. Actually the average age of a Z06 owner is in the mid to late 30's, quite a bit younger than the average Corvette owner age.

Remember my STI is stock..

<hr></blockquote>

Remember? You never mentioned if your STi was stock or not before. What is there to remember? Since your STi is stock, you're in deep trouble - you don't stand a chance.

i bet you spent tons of money in every attempt to get that vette faster.

<hr></blockquote>

My Z06 bone stock was as fast and equal handling and braking to a Porsche 911 Turbo and Ferrari 360 Modena. It ran the quarter mile at 12.4 at 117 MPH with just an average driver on street tires, bone stock. I invested $3k in mods, which bumped its horspower up to just under 450 at the crank, which didn't compromise its reliability or durability or maintenance at all (which by the way, has all been excellent). All of my mods are bolt-ons, and simply improved the breathing of the engine. I did a cold air intake, long tube headers, exhaust, x-pipe, and dyno PCM tuning. That's it. Never touched inside the motor at all. I now have a car that will run high 11's in the quarter at over 120 MPH. Oh, and my fuel economy actually went up with these mods, from 28 on the highway, to 33 MPG on the highway now.

So yeah, I spent a little money. But not much in the scheme of things. I made an already very fast car even faster. Now my problem is traction. I can break the rear tires loose and get the rear of the car sideways when shifting from 3rd to 4th at over 90 MPH. But that's a good problem to have [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

A friend of mine owns a vette, and he recently admitted to being burned by a civic! Go figure.

<hr></blockquote>

I know you're lying, because there is no way you could have any friends. At least no friends that would be smart enough to own a Vette. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black, headers, intake, exhaust, 380 rwhp

Old 10-24-2004, 08:05 PM

there's some VQ/Evo love for you.

I would much rather, but like a turbo on a G and kick an STI and EVO's ***, rather than get one of those cars. Thats just my opinion

<hr></blockquote>

For the money to go FI on the VQ platform, including buying the vehicle, an Evo or STi can be made to wipe the floor with twin turbo vipers, and the like.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=7

the evo motor can also handle a lot of power with stock components (not sure on the STi)

The point in the end, and its been said many times, is that comparing these cars is comparing apples and oranges. You will get no where near the general respect that you get in a G driving either the Subie or the Evo. But, like others, thats not why I bought mine.

As for the boy racer comment...I know 50+ year old Evo and Sti owners. The look of the car is very F&F, no doubt. but if you don't like it, don't buy one...seems to solve that problem fairly easy.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by avengerhed on 10/24/04 05:06 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

372573-bm14.JPG

Old 10-24-2004, 08:12 PM

For the money to go FI on the VQ platform, including buying the vehicle, an Evo or STi can be made to wipe the floor with twin turbo vipers, and the like.

<hr></blockquote>

Uh, twin turbo Vipers can put down over 1,000hp, and will run the quarter in the high 8's at over 150MPH.

I didn't realize you could build a 1,000hp Evo or STi for only $15k in mods. Hmmm.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black, headers, intake, exhaust, 380 rwhp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 to STi...