G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The "Black BOX" Lets disable it together so we can slide!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010 | 09:50 PM
|
The "Black BOX" Lets disable it together so we can slide!

So Ive been doing some reading on this "black box" that kicks on the VDC even when the button is pushed in the OFF position. Its under the center console just behind the shifter. Now, most say that you disable it by unplugging it completely OR pulling the associated fuse. The downfall to that is that you also lose ABS, plus you have to either lift the center console or pull a fuse. Theres no "on the fly" setup for this. I want to setup a SWITCH that breaks the 12v signal to that box so theres an easy way to disable it without doing either of the above. Can someone with a manual help me figure out what wire to install a breaker switch in-line with so that I can disable that box on the fly??

Old 12-02-2010 | 10:32 PM
Sorry if you dont mind me asking why do you want to disable it ??? .... When i turn off VDC it says off until i dont turn it back on i can slide all i want

Old 12-02-2010 | 10:52 PM
I think what he's talking about is the SLIP light the comes on and messes with ****.

Old 12-02-2010 | 10:56 PM
Ooo ... Ok makes sense... Excuse me for being a noob lol....

Old 12-02-2010 | 11:03 PM
Well he didn't really explain it that well, lol

Old 12-02-2010 | 11:07 PM
|
I read this post that says its the ORANGE wire.. If someone can confirm that I might be willing to give it a try..
I tested voltage on all the points of the G-sensor harness, only one of them read 12V. (and that only for a moment, then it falls off...kind of strange.) That was the orange wire. I cut that wire and put the switch in line with wires a foot long to allow for lifting up the console for access. I used push together wire fasteners to allow for easy disconnection. I doubt I'll ever go back in there again unless its to return it to stock.
https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetr...-vdc-real.html

Old 12-03-2010 | 01:09 AM
|
Looks like this DIAGRAM confirms what I was thinking.. The orange wire seems to be the 12v to the yaw sensor. Put a break/switch inline with that wire and that should disable it till the next time you restart the car.

Old 12-03-2010 | 01:38 AM
The slip light coming on is just when you have a significant discrepancy in speed between your two rear wheels. It just saves your diff...

If that light comes on your aren't properly kicking the back end out anyway. Never once have I had the car interfere when the VDC is off. I've drifted it all over the place and even spun out once...

Old 12-03-2010 | 02:15 AM
Mr.202?
Premier Member
^ hmm odd and intersting

With the system on, it monitors wheel slip any wheel. And the cars direction vs slip

With it off(via button), you say the system operates only if the front and back axles are at different speeds and not the individual tires?

Old 12-03-2010 | 02:20 AM
Old 12-03-2010 | 04:56 AM
I'd recommend NOT disabling it until you have spent a ton of time getting used to how the car handles before the system overrides you. Turn VDC off with the button on the dash and go play, find out what the car thinks it's limits are first. After you know exactly what it's going to do, when it's going to do it, and how it's going to do it, then you can feel free to start bypassing the rest of it.

Reason I say this is that eventually you're going to want to try something stupid and if you do that before you're 100% checked out on what's going to happen you're going to wreck your car and / or hurt someone.

I don't know how long you've had your car or been trying to slide it around but by your low post count my first assumption is that you've gotten the G35 relatively recently. Regardless of what else you've driven and how you've driven it each car will handle a little bit differently. Learn what this one can do before you start overriding it's standard systems, they're good at saving your ***, so find out how far you can push it before you hang your *** out too far.

When you're ready to disable it, the link Cali*Coast posted will work.

Old 12-03-2010 | 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Leksikon
I'd recommend NOT disabling it until you have spent a ton of time getting used to how the car handles before the system overrides you. Turn VDC off with the button on the dash and go play, find out what the car thinks it's limits are first. After you know exactly what it's going to do, when it's going to do it, and how it's going to do it, then you can feel free to start bypassing the rest of it.

Reason I say this is that eventually you're going to want to try something stupid and if you do that before you're 100% checked out on what's going to happen you're going to wreck your car and / or hurt someone.

I don't know how long you've had your car or been trying to slide it around but by your low post count my first assumption is that you've gotten the G35 relatively recently. Regardless of what else you've driven and how you've driven it each car will handle a little bit differently. Learn what this one can do before you start overriding it's standard systems, they're good at saving your ***, so find out how far you can push it before you hang your *** out too far.

When you're ready to disable it, the link Cali*Coast posted will work.
+1. Ive done it on mine and it works. Just be careful.

Old 12-03-2010 | 02:06 PM
|
So all I would need is a switch with 2 leads? Putting a 2 lead switch in-line with the Orange wire that breaks/connects the orange wire? If I want the car to run normally the switch should be "closed" where signal travels straight through the switch, but if I want VDC off then throw the switch which would break the connection of the orange wire (essentially cut it), and the VDC will be disabled? Correct?

Old 12-03-2010 | 02:48 PM
Just fit a switch in between the orange wire to the unit, that way its off full stop, until you switch back on and reset the ignition switch. simple.

Old 12-03-2010 | 02:52 PM
Pretty sure the rest off the traction control stuff can also be completely taken away with Osiris. Only downside is you have you completely reflash the ecu each time...its not like you can have 1 map with it on and another with it off.

http://my350z.com/forum/tuning/50042...ement-now.html