G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Does this happen to your 6MT????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Does this happen to your 6MT????

Hi guys so I have had my car for a month now and I just started to mess around with it last night trying to learn how to launch it shift faster so on. I found a good dead parking lot and started to go at it. I was reving it to about 2.5K RPM it launched pretty good. I stated to rev a little higher and this is wen my problem began. As soon as I hit 3K RPM and let the clutch out right and I released it fast by the end and this clutch pedal stayed in there it wouldn't come up but my RPMS were still claiming. So I tried it 2 more times same thing and I smelled burned clutch. I was like I'll go home and ask you guys what's wrong but on my way home I launched hard again but this time first was good because I was in a lower rpm but when I shifted to second and let the clutch out IT HAPPENED AGAIN !!! clutch stayed in and the RPMS claimed. I went home kinda pissed cause I did take the car to the dealer with this problem and they said nothing was wrong and they did a clutch flush or something and everything is OK. Does anyone know what could this problem be my clutch feels great it always feels good when I am driving around even when I am driving hard but IDK what this problem could be please help guys.

Thank you very much.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've tried to launch my car three times. Same sort of thing happened. I rev to about 3 grand and let go of the clutch, I don't go any where , rpm's are now screaming and all you can smell are burning clutch fibers. I have no intentions of trying this again simply because I don't know what the hell I'm doing and I don't want to f**k my ride up.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by plonka
I've tried to launch my car three times. Same sort of thing happened. I rev to about 3 grand and let go of the clutch, I don't go any where , rpm's are now screaming and all you can smell are burning clutch fibers. I have no intentions of trying this again simply because I don't know what the hell I'm doing and I don't want to f**k my ride up.
you need a after market clutch.
The stock one cant hold the power so it burns the hell out if you wanna drag on it
really fast.
get a os giken super single and let the good times roll

Old 12-03-2010, 12:15 PM
_
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thats bad for your clutch if the pedal stayed clutched in then it will start to smell

Old 12-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Banned
I know it is bad I want to know what causes that to hold the clutch pedal in there?????

Old 12-03-2010, 12:28 PM
This probably explains why i just had my clutch replaced lol. Heys its my first car with somewhat ***** :P

Old 12-03-2010, 12:46 PM
your clutch overheated?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned
I don't know if it overheated but it did smelled like a burned clutch.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Your fluid could have boiled over and/or been old. The stock clutch is more than adequate to hold the stock power and should be good up to around 400-450 lb-ft at the flywheel. How many miles are on the clutch in there now? There are a lot of people who experience the sticking clutch pedal in the 6MTs. There is a DYI fix for it in the Tech area.

Have you tried launching again since the fluid flush?

Old 12-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check this thread, may answer your question:
Clutch Pedal Sticking

Old 12-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DustinB_2005G35
Your fluid could have boiled over and/or been old. The stock clutch is more than adequate to hold the stock power and should be good up to around 400-450 lb-ft at the flywheel. How many miles are on the clutch in there now? There are a lot of people who experience the sticking clutch pedal in the 6MTs. There is a DYI fix for it in the Tech area.

Have you tried launching again since the fluid flush?
Yes that's what I was trying yesterday they did the flush about 2 weeks ago and yes I have only had the car for 1 month

Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by nelsond
you need a after market clutch.
The stock one cant hold the power so it burns the hell out if you wanna drag on it
really fast.
+++1

Old 12-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned
I know about the stock clutch I just want to know what is wrong with my pedal.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You overheated the clutch fluid which prevents the pedal from releasing, and in that process burned the clutch plate. What did they flush it with and how? A quality, high temp, DOT4 fluid might help as well as a thorough flush. Take a look at your fluid now. It should be clear with no dark "specks."

If it's yellow and/or has specks (clutch material) you fried the fluid and clutch, and need to replace the fluid. Hopefully no permanant damage to the clutch plate but you need to go easy on it for a while to re-dress the facing before you try those stunts again. 3k clutch dumps on a 3500 llb car would be hard on any type of OEM clutch. You learn to feather the clutch in to prevent this from happenning. When you get a better feel for it, you can launch these cars pretty hard but not as hard as you apparently tried.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by LMG_35C
You overheated the clutch fluid which prevents the pedal from releasing, and in that process burned the clutch plate. What did they flush it with and how? A quality, high temp, DOT4 fluid might help as well as a thorough flush. Take a look at your fluid now. It should be clear with no dark "specks."

If it's yellow and/or has specks (clutch material) you fried the fluid and clutch, and need to replace the fluid. Hopefully no permanant damage to the clutch plate but you need to go easy on it for a while to re-dress the facing before you try those stunts again. 3k clutch dumps on a 3500 llb car would be hard on any type of OEM clutch. You learn to feather the clutch in to prevent this from happenning. When you get a better feel for it, you can launch these cars pretty hard but not as hard as you apparently tried.
No usually this happens wen the car is actually cold like early in the morning I always warm up the car tho all the way worm then I start to drive. I would say 5-8 mins. I check the fluid it's yellow but no specks in there. The flush was done by the dealer so I don't know what they actually did. Thank you for the info tho. Any more advice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does this happen to your 6MT????