G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G is terrible on snow, snow tires or chains?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its funny how people are always like "search" !! why do you take the time to write those pointless comments. It takes more time to say that stupid bull**** than it does to write a simple answer. Get a life.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Do you have a couple of 70lb sand tubes in the trunk, and a full tank of fuel? Not as good as snows, but manageable with all weathers.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah if it snows again i will definently put some sand in the trunk. blizzaks are ordered.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by pwestbball11
I think its funny how people are always like "search" !! why do you take the time to write those pointless comments. It takes more time to say that stupid bull**** than it does to write a simple answer. Get a life.
I think its funny how newbs dont know how to equip their cars with the proper tires for snow or how they can't use the SEARCH feature. Both require common sense.... something a lot of people lack these days

Old 12-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Or some people dont have the money to buy seperate sets of tires and rims... **** the search feature. You end up spending more time trying to sift through multiple threads to get the exact question/answer you are looking for. Another pointless comment by someone who evidently has way too much time on their hands.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I run Blizzak LM-22s on OEM 17s on my coupe, having been doing so for the past 2 winters, this is the third year on my first set. LM22s are a performance winter tire...good in mild-moderate conditions (Midwest winters). Only ok in the heavy stuff...buy studless ice/snow if you live somewhere with a ton of snow/ice (snowbelt or up North)

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Nope, i got the extreme wintercontacts lol the
GPS is okay, but my Garmin is better.
Originally Posted by Tabris
I also own Continental Extreme Winter Contacts!

So. +3!!

YES x 1000000000. I got my mother to finally replace her Michelin A/S tires and got her some new Conti Extremes for winter as she barely drives her 03 G sedan because the A/S weren't grippy enough. Anyways tires came in last Friday, stopped off at home and stole her car for the trip to Philly to test out the new tires.
I was blown away on the drive back to Columbus last night. Philly was cold but clear, but once I got up into the mountains on I76, things got bad. Near whiteout with patchy accumulation and random uneven spots of clear road usually on the right or the left of a lane. Tricky conditions to drive in during the day on a regular road, much less night time on a curvy mountain.
The new Conti's blew my Blizzaks out of the water. I didn't slip ONCE in the 8+hour drive...I probably would not have made it on her old A/S or atleast it would have taken me double the time. I was driving essentially 40-50mph safely with no loss of traction and no unexpected slides. They just cut right through any snow and made it almost seem like it was dry road. Even when my right tires were in snow and my lefts were on road, the car handled just fine, something that my Blizzaks don't do for me to be honest.
Truly astounding tires, I would recommend them to anyone looking to drive their G or any other RWD car in the winter with no issues.
*caveat being that you still have to be a good driver, no tire or traction control system will make up for stupidity or a lack of experience.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
I think its funny how newbs dont know how to equip their cars with the proper tires for snow or how they can't use the SEARCH feature. Both require common sense.... something a lot of people lack these days
I thought this is a forum where people can ask questions and than they can be answered without drama involved? why? just why do you make such a big deal out of it?

Old 12-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by stradaONE8
I run Blizzak LM-22s on OEM 17s on my coupe, having been doing so for the past 2 winters, this is the third year on my first set. LM22s are a performance winter tire...good in mild-moderate conditions (Midwest winters). Only ok in the heavy stuff...buy studless ice/snow if you live somewhere with a ton of snow/ice (snowbelt or up North)

YES x 1000000000. I got my mother to finally replace her Michelin A/S tires and got her some new Conti Extremes for winter as she barely drives her 03 G sedan because the A/S weren't grippy enough. Anyways tires came in last Friday, stopped off at home and stole her car for the trip to Philly to test out the new tires.
I was blown away on the drive back to Columbus last night. Philly was cold but clear, but once I got up into the mountains on I76, things got bad. Near whiteout with patchy accumulation and random uneven spots of clear road usually on the right or the left of a lane. Tricky conditions to drive in during the day on a regular road, much less night time on a curvy mountain.
The new Conti's blew my Blizzaks out of the water. I didn't slip ONCE in the 8+hour drive...I probably would not have made it on her old A/S or atleast it would have taken me double the time. I was driving essentially 40-50mph safely with no loss of traction and no unexpected slides. They just cut right through any snow and made it almost seem like it was dry road. Even when my right tires were in snow and my lefts were on road, the car handled just fine, something that my Blizzaks don't do for me to be honest.
Truly astounding tires, I would recommend them to anyone looking to drive their G or any other RWD car in the winter with no issues.
*caveat being that you still have to be a good driver, no tire or traction control system will make up for stupidity or a lack of experience.
I think that the Conti's are great, but I think that the Blizzaks get all the press (not that they are bad). Then everyone hypes them up, and it's the 'cool' tire to buy *laughs*

Originally Posted by Smitty50
I thought this is a forum where people can ask questions and than they can be answered without drama involved? why? just why do you make such a big deal out of it?
G2FLIP4 is tired of seeing the same posts over and over again. And it's true. I genuinely try to search for my answer before I post a question. For instance.. what was that locked thread not long ago? "How much horse power does a g35 have?" Seriously?? or "what's a plenum spacer?" , "How does car make go fastzz?!?11".

Come on people. Internet forums aren't a new mind boggling technology.. it's called the "SEARCH" button.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Or some people dont have the money to buy seperate sets of tires and rims... **** the search feature. You end up spending more time trying to sift through multiple threads to get the exact question/answer you are looking for. Another pointless comment by someone who evidently has way too much time on their hands.
People should purchase less expensive vehicles if they can't afford tires to drive said vehicle.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tabris
I think that the Conti's are great, but I think that the Blizzaks get all the press (not that they are bad). Then everyone hypes them up, and it's the 'cool' tire to buy *laughs*

G2FLIP4 is tired of seeing the same posts over and over again. And it's true. I genuinely try to search for my answer before I post a question. For instance.. what was that locked thread not long ago? "How much horse power does a g35 have?" Seriously?? or "what's a plenum spacer?" , "How does car make go fastzz?!?11".

Come on people. Internet forums aren't a new mind boggling technology.. it's called the "SEARCH" button.

But why does he have to bother to post? Why can't he just ignore the thread?

Old 12-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Smitty50
But why does he have to bother to post? Why can't he just ignore the thread?
I suppose he is annoyed. But, no one would have to make ANY post if search was used in the first place.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a 2005 coupe 6mt featured on the thread "Human intake" It snowed two inches last night. On the way home from work (got there fine) i couldnt touch the gas pedal without fishtailing and sliding out of control. Accords, fiestas, and other little cars were passing me left and right. I was going up a SLIGHT grade and my car kept sliding to the right and almost ended up hitting a curb. I had some friends try to push me a little but the car had absolutely no traction. I have rays with sport tires on them. I dont want to get snow tires if they will only help minimally. Will tire chains help more? Money is not really an issue but i dont want to have to get a set of rims and tires.

thanks

edit. It looked like the treads were completely full of snow so it was basically like driving on slicks. Is this what snows are designed to eliminate?
You just need an awd setup and a turbo and it's all good year round, .

Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Maybe he would rather use his time answering legitimate questions than have to sift through a forum full of overly-asked questions when it could all be avoided if people had the courtesy to take a little time to look for the answer themselves instead of demand immediate answers from people. I'm still pretty new, but I don't think I'm above searching for something on my own before I ask. It's really not hard. Seriously. It's not. I promise.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by grovefromnh
50 lb bags of kittylitter

Sure ill buy 50Lb kitty litter if you can find a bag cheaper than $3.53.

http://www.lowes.com/pl__0__s?zipCod...51&qvRedirect=

Just sayin!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G is terrible on snow, snow tires or chains?