G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

BAD BAD BAD BAD NEWS!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD BAD BAD BAD NEWS!!!

Well driving home today in the insane LA rain, my beautiful baby coupe got its *** handed to it. It is the most insane story. I was driving down santa monica blvd toward the 405 in complete darkness and very hard to see due to the heavy rain, and I barreled into a center divider to my gutwrenching surprise. This thing literally came out of nowhere and next thing I knew, I was doing a 50/50 grind with my custom G35 skateboard. I blew both left side tires, bent both rims, [censored] up my left side suspension and the front tire initially hitting the curb, pushed the left front quarter up into the hood not allowing it to close properly. At first I thought I had just had a brain fart and stupidly ran over a curb, but in the hour and a half standing at the chevron on the corner of santa monica blvd. and the 405; 4 more people hit the same center divider. Little did I know when the tow truck driver got there, he told me that literally EVERY year when it rains, people run straight into that curb. This brought a sort of relief to me because now I know that I can sue the [censored] out of the city and recoup all of my losses. Still I have no G35 and no more punking shitstangs on the road for at least awhile. I'll repost when I find out more about what the city will do.

And a word to the wise DONT DRIVE DOWN SANTA MONICA IN THE RAIN.

I now, for a short time, am G35less.

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | OB/Black
Premium | Aero | Splash Guards | XM
Z Tube | Pop Charger
Helix Test Pipes
Unorthodox Crank Pulley
Injen SES
DC Sports Headers

Old 10-27-2004, 04:11 AM
G Kreuzer
Re: BAD BAD BAD BAD NEWS!!!

OMG! Steve ... I'm glad your ok buddy. That really sux!
Best wishes vs. the City.

Clint (THX723)

Old 10-27-2004, 07:25 AM

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds really bad. I don't think suing the city is the best way to fix things. Take responsibility for your actions. I don't want to end up paying for an accident that you caused.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:09 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMMM MANNN, that sucksssss!!!! Good luckw ith it, if yous ue and get alot of money, can you please buy me a PE or APS TT kit, PLEASE?? =) Glad your okay! Martin

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 10-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech

Good luck sueing the city.. see if there are any signs that point out a center divider or median and make sure to pull them out of the ground. If those are anywhere near the area, you have no case; I know this because a similar thing happened to a good friend of mine in his IS300.

Good luck.. sorry for your misfortune.

Old 10-27-2004, 12:39 PM

Glad you're safe ... G did her job.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:30 PM

Were you going west or east bound on Santa Monica? (East or West of the 405) I know they are doing a lot of construction there lately. I have lived in that area for the last 7 years but never had the problem. Maybe you can pin point me the location so I will watch out for it next time.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:14 PM

Quote: "I don't think suing the city is the best way to fix things. Take responsibility for your actions. I don't want to end up paying for an accident that you caused."

First of all, the city includes these incidents in their budget so your paying for it anyways. Secondly, people have been hitting this center curb every year in the rain and the city hasn't done anything to light up the area at all. This is called negligence and is absolutely the fault of the city. If I knew about this curb problem, I would have stayed far away from santa monica blvd. Furthermore, there is no lights at all down santa monica nor are there reflectors on the road or on the curb. Just to further show how dangerous that road is in the rain, there were people swerving al over, going into other peoples lanes and nearly running me and other people off the road due to the fact that it is impossible to see where the road lines are in dark rainy conditions and people were wandering out of their lanes. And for reference, I was driving west down santa monica blvd and the curb starts in the left hand lane just after you pass sepulveda. The road takes a quit jog to the right to miss the curb, but if there are visibility issues and you dont know the road curves quickly, you plow right into the curb.

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | OB/Black
Premium | Aero | Splash Guards | XM
Z Tube | Pop Charger
Helix Test Pipes
Unorthodox Crank Pulley
Injen SES
DC Sports Headers

Old 10-27-2004, 02:17 PM

L.A. sux in the rain. most people i've seen driving in the rain were driving like it wasn't raining and end up wiping out big time. this center divider popped outta nowhere? were there no lines painted on the ground? signs around? i had a hard time getting money for a pothole that f*cked up my rim, good luck with your case and glad yer alright.

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium/Nav/Clear Bra/19x9.5(f)19x10.5(r) Volk SF Winnings/BFGoodrich 245/35(f)275/30(r)/Tein Flex Coilovers/Tein EDFC
Sponsored by BFGoodrich, Ai Design (www.aidesign.com)

Old 10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

In my neighborhood, the city put up a few new curbs in the middle of the road, and they are painted white and have huge thick reflectors on them.

If you were driving in a lane, how would you hit the divider though? Good luck getting your G-unit fixed!

2004.5 6MT DG/G Coupe | Premium | Aero Kit | ClearBra | See profile for pix

Old 10-27-2004, 04:24 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

LA drivers are just bad news in the rain. Just yesterday, taking my parents to LAX, I had:

1. A driver almost run me off the road as I was trying to merge during heavy rain. My lane is ending, it's now concrete barriers, I'm already in front of you, I've been signaling for 1 minute, what else am i supposed to do?

2. One SUV at LAX, come within 2 inches of hitting my front bumper as he decided to start backing up. Don't people use their mirrors anymore? What if I was a small child standing there?

3. A woman in a Jaguar change right into my lane for no apparent reason. Gees people, when it's raining like crazy, you have to give people a bit more space when you decide to cut them off!

Be careful out there. This is why we pay so much for car insurance here.

Old 10-27-2004, 04:33 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Secondly, people have been hitting this center curb every year in the rain and the city hasn't done anything to light up the area at all. This is called negligence and is absolutely the fault of the city.

<hr></blockquote>

I totally agree with you on that. I'm glad to hear you're okay. Hopefully you can get this all settled and have your G or a brand spanking new replacement soon.

Old 10-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im glad you are safe

Old 10-27-2004, 07:39 PM

Let us know how the lawsuit goes. If you live in West LA you know how many potholes there are and can easily damage your wheels. It will be nice to know you can get some compensation for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BAD BAD BAD BAD NEWS!!!