G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What's Next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by atmel101
^ ^ are hfc and test pipes really only useful if you have FI?
Once those of us that are not doing the FI thing have added every bolt on possible the HFCs are the last possible legal HP adder worth the cost. Along with a tune I'll be just about done....yea right.

Originally Posted by lexx
^^I agree ART pipes are the way to go but I have to pass emissions. I hope I won't lose to much low end torque with HFC.
Any low end torque you might lose and I doubt if it would be substantial can be regained by doing a quality tune. Wouldn't it be nice if we all had the same emissions standards as Florida? Laws or rules, what's that? lol
Gary

Old 01-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
I ssy keep the stock cats and just go with the HR y pipe. You'll get more hp and keep your low end tq.

Only bad part of having hFC is that you smell the unburnt gas coming from the exhaust.
I think you meant test pipes. Theres no smell from HFC's.

The car will compensate for the conditions. It learns itself. Thats why you reset the ecu when you put on every new mod. I also am getting it tuned when i find a shop to work with my chip. Headers and cats are the most restrictive parts of the exhaust. You wont really lose low end torque with hfc's. I really dont feel a difference but i have a lightened flywheel so it revs quick.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Project
I think you meant test pipes. Theres no smell from HFC's.

The car will compensate for the conditions. It learns itself. Thats why you reset the ecu when you put on every new mod. I also am getting it tuned when i find a shop to work with my chip. Headers and cats are the most restrictive parts of the exhaust. You wont really lose low end torque with hfc's. I really dont feel a difference but i have a lightened flywheel so it revs quick.
I have hfc's on my car and I can smell the unburnt gas, but I also have generic hfc so that might make a difference..

Old 01-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
The bolt ons won't lean out the car enough to cause detonation. The ecu will throw more fuel to account for the lean condition. Obviously if you want to max out the hp from your mods, you will need a tune.
that makes sense thanks !!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks everyone. Sounds like with a good tune much low end torque won't be lost. Should I pair the HFC with a Y pipe or just stick with the HFC?

Old 01-03-2011, 05:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ART pipes!! but emissions... bummer. berks hfc's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.