G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

X02!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by antodiaz
I bought it on ebay. I cant wait. Im planning on replacing the resonators with a magnaflow x pipe.
I have an x pipe if you want it. BNIB. PM me. Offer a price

Old 01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by xfuz1on
Watch out for the rusting of the tips. I had these exhaust awhile back and the tips began to rust like ****.. I honestly think you should've saved your money for a better exhaust. The X02 IMO sounded cheap and really muffled up.
They can rust IF you don't take care of it. I've had it on my car for 3 years now and it's spotless. As long as you use a good metal polidh on it every couple on months, it will be fine. I 100% disagree with you that it sounds cheap. I along with LOTS of others I know, think it sounds even better than the HKS. It's deeper and has a WAAY mean grown than the HKS. I cannot begin to say how many compliments I've had on the way it sounds. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Yeah. I'm surprised at how cheap it is. My friend just bought a used Topspeed Pro N-1 for $450 (header-back). And it's not even a true dual.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
They can rust IF you don't take care of it. I've had it on my car for 3 years now and it's spotless. As long as you use a good metal polidh on it every couple on months, it will be fine. I 100% disagree with you that it sounds cheap. I along with LOTS of others I know, think it sounds even better than the HKS. It's deeper and has a WAAY mean grown than the HKS. I cannot begin to say how many compliments I've had on the way it sounds. Just my 2 cents.
well I have to agree with you a buddy of mine has it on a 350z and it does sound badass thats the reason I bought it. I spent a couple weeks browsing videos in you tube to decide which exhaust go with and for the price you cant go wrong with this one

Old 01-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by chrcarlo
Yeah. I'm surprised at how cheap it is. My friend just bought a used Topspeed Pro N-1 for $450 (header-back). And it's not even a true dual.
Its probably because is so popular right now. The seller probably bought a whole lot of these

Old 01-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I had the X02 on my car and it isnt that good of a quality exhaust but its decent. the resonators are packed with fiberglass which is a cheaper material to use and after some timme and hard driving the fiberglass burns out leaving the perforated tube inside not packed tight anymore and it can rattle. the fiberglass burning out also makes the resonators useless and the exhaust will eventually get louder. there was fitment issues i forget which side but one of the mufflers was way off and needed to be straightened. i eventually took it off and went back to stock because i was getting headaches from the in cabin drone. not a great exhause but good for the price

Old 01-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewstclair
I had the X02 on my car and it isnt that good of a quality exhaust but its decent. the resonators are packed with fiberglass which is a cheaper material to use and after some timme and hard driving the fiberglass burns out leaving the perforated tube inside not packed tight anymore and it can rattle. the fiberglass burning out also makes the resonators useless and the exhaust will eventually get louder. there was fitment issues i forget which side but one of the mufflers was way off and needed to be straightened. i eventually took it off and went back to stock because i was getting headaches from the in cabin drone. not a great exhause but good for the price
should've got the magnaflow x pipe resonator for <$80, would've fixed what you had a problem with.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
that still doesnt fix the fitment issues but would have helped with the rest so like i said not a great exhaust but good for the price

Old 01-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I have a 5at which I use in tiptronic daily. And since it really doesn't hold gears down low anyway, the drone doesn't bug me cause it'll be silent if I let off the gas.

Also, I think the exhaust sounds good. It's nothing exceptionally amazing like some products produced by Motordyne, but it definitely doesn't sound bad, in my opinion. The fitment was horrible though. The pipes on mine don't align to well, you've gotta really muscle it in to get the bolts to line up and even then it's doesnt' have a "perfect flow".

I personally like the tips so far. My haven't gotten so bad yet but I've had it for a few months now, so we'll see how it fairs later down the road. All in all, I wouldn't call it a bad exhaust, but don't expect superb quality either.

Also, can't beat a true dual for 1/4 of the price as other exhausts and the look of the exhaust from behind is stunning (I have a slight bumper tuck, but nothing crazy). I get compliments on how good it looks and how shiny it is under there hah.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
how is this thread alive?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
LOL dude you should not have to take care of your exhaust..... it's an exhuast.... it's meant to get dirty... i've had my stillen td exhaust for awhile now and I dont "polish" it every other week but it's still good to go with NO RUST AT ALL.. However, my xO2 started to rust after about 2 months ... Well I'm not stating a FACT that it sounds cheap sir, I'm saying IMO as well as all my friends who have heard the exhaust, think it sounds cheap and ricey. Honestly I wasted money purchasing this exhaust.. There were fitment issues too and it started to burn my OEM diffuser to a yellow tint... It's a replica for a reason. You get what you pay for and it does not by no means, sound better than a HKS.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by xfuz1on
LOL dude you should not have to take care of your exhaust..... it's an exhuast.... it's meant to get dirty... i've had my stillen td exhaust for awhile now and I dont "polish" it every other week but it's still good to go with NO RUST AT ALL.. However, my xO2 started to rust after about 2 months ... Well I'm not stating a FACT that it sounds cheap sir, I'm saying IMO as well as all my friends who have heard the exhaust, think it sounds cheap and ricey. Honestly I wasted money purchasing this exhaust.. There were fitment issues too and it started to burn my OEM diffuser to a yellow tint... It's a replica for a reason. You get what you pay for and it does not by no means, sound better than a HKS.
I like how you try to state your opinion as something factual. You aren't the brightest crayon are you?

You can hate the x02 all you want, but don't try to pass off your opinion as fact. And just to add extra data to this thread, I've been running my x02 for 2 years and it hasn't rusted and I never clean it.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Everything stated in my post is my opinions/experiences with my XO2 exhaust...

I have had the exhaust for about a year and a half now. It looks just as good as it did the day i got it. I polish the exhaust about once every 2-3 months (when i completely detail the whole car).

I personally like the exhaust note better than the HKS. When i heard the HKS compared to XO2, i was set on the XO2. The HKS had too much raspy-ness (and more poping) to it where as the XO2 was more throaty. My personal opinion was that the XO2 sounded tons better. I could have gotten the HKS if i wanted, money was not an issue.

The only problem was that it was not a 100% fit on the passenger side. I had to bend the hanger and man-handle the pipe so it wasnt touching my rear diff. After a bit of adjusting i got it to fit correctly, only problem is that it does not sit 100% in the middle of the circle cut out in the bumper... but its not a huge deal because noone notices it.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Well I'll be installing it on friday and see how it goesss!!! I'll be buying the x pipe next week as well.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Although its true, you DON'T have to take care of your exhaust. It's not hard to at least reach the muffler section of the car and polish it and keep it shiny since that part shows. The midpipe, not so much. But the mufflers, on the HKS and it's replicas, I think the muffler is worth keeping shiny.

But then again, I'm **** about my car and keep everything as in top condition as I can.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X02!!!