G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I just got a G35, need some tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:58 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by LegendC32A
Also do you guys drive with VDC on? I tried to gas my car through a corner like how I usually do with my Legends with the VDC option off and the car whipped and was rocking left and right and I had to regain control.

Any tips for that?

You know how I know you're a ricer ? Please dont f*ck up a nice car . Here's a Tip, leave the VDC on.

i spoke to late ^

Originally Posted by legendc32a
i just totaled my car.. I will be posting pics.. Was taking a turn and lost a bit of traction and forgot i was in rwd so i handled it like fwd and the car lost control and went on a curb and divider.. After that the car wouldn't even move.. Can't even turn the wheels.. Had it less then a week.. I bought the car because i was depressed.. Now i am depressed again... Thank you everyone for helping me know about the car a little bit more.. Too bad i can't stay around because i no longer have it.. Nice meeting you guys.. I just wanted to perfect driving it by practicing all day.. Cars are my passion.. Driving takes me away from the world.. Iono..

Nope I got my car from a close family friend that wasn't intending to sell. After stressing all last night I think I know my problem, I didn't hold the steering wheel firm and I guess that's why it jerked around and lost control..

Problem was you were being retarded being all Speed Racer Tokyo drift Fast and Furious . Seriously the more I read, the more stupid you become. Revoke this persons license already.

PLEASE DON'T COME BACK AGAIN WITH YOUR STUPIDITY

Last edited by jutn35; 01-17-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Originally Posted by sn618
Gosh, I remember seeing that car on craigslist as well. I emailed the seller, original asking price was 16k which was an absolute steal. Even at 18k I was seriously considering it. So sad to see a low mileage G go to waste. I feel for the buyer as I'm sure nobody likes to see that type of money go down the drain. But in the long run, this could be a very inexpensive lesson to learn in regards to driving carefully. There would be an entirely new level of regret for him to deal with if somebody had been killed or seriously injured.

I've been in the market ever since I sold my turbocharged sc300. I didn't get too much practice with that car though since I was always running into mechanical issues. Does the G difficult to tame and will I be running into issues with handling it if I'm just driving it as a dd? I don't do the speedracer thing (got everything out of my system with my 1jz) I just think the car has a beautiful body. My girlfriend will be driving it occasionally and I don't want her having too much difficulty in the transition since she mostly drives her 05 civic manual.

Still sad to see that white G destroyed....
G35 is an easy car to drive as long as your responsible. The rear shouldn't kick around unless you push it around a corner, which you shouldn't be doing on the street anyway. Almost every G owner DD's their car, and there's no issues with it. It's all about being responsible. I sold mine and now drive a 400+whp evo and it is so easy to want to push this car, but I hold myself back.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This happen to me last time I was driving while making a U turn. All you have to do is left off the gas pedal and regain control over your vehicle. Sorry to hear your loss. Maybe you'll find a better enthusiast car.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 PM
A better enthusiast car will end up getting wrecked. Again. People who think like him are bound to do it again. I see it all the time here. Cocky kids who drive way too recklessly than they can handle.

He's lucky that his car did not hit a wall or a tree and kill him. Crashing a car is easier than you think once you begin to start doing stupid things.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by sn618
Does the G difficult to tame and will I be running into issues with handling it if I'm just driving it as a dd? I don't do the speedracer thing (got everything out of my system with my 1jz)...
Take the advice others were trying to give to the OP. It is not difficult to learn these cars, drive it responsibly and allow yourself to gain some experience with it. It handles pretty good for stock. Spirited driving is good in a controlled environment (not on the streets with 0 experience) to sharpen your driving skills, just don't be like the OP.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Hahahahahhaha @ this thread...

Epic.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
i cant believe i missed this thread... i read from the first post to the last...

hilarious would be an understatement

I dont think the OP is coming back but if he does:

Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by LegendC32A; 01-24-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
haha.. yeah.. what a waste. Yes I was irresponsible but how many of us never went over the posted speed limit? :P If you've never went over it then you can make comments on my behavior. I do admit I had too much fun with it but hey I'm young and I bought the G35 as a beginners sport car so I'm going to drive it like one just like how many of you guys probably do on the freeway weaving through traffic. Totaled it after 1 week, epic fail I agree haha!
I've gone over it. And I'm sure 99% if not 100% of all drivers have gone at least 1MPH over the limit.

As for going WAY over the limit, I can say i've never done it. Which is why I have never gotten pulled over once for a ticket. No speeding tickets, no red light tickets, nada. None. Zip.

As for guys weaving through traffic on the freeway. Ricers do that, real enthusiasts pay attention to the rules of the road and drive properly. We don't think of cars as just a toy, for true enthusiasts, you know that crossing the border into recklessness not only risks a huge loss (money wise, and hobby wise), but also risks your own life.

Most modified cars that I see on the street are driven very appropriately by their drivers, reflecting how mature people should act. The only cars I see that swerve around and rev engines are ricers in their cheap cars.

Just because you have a sports car, doesn't mean you need to "drive" it like one. There's a time and place for everything.

How old are you anyway?

Oh. And what car is next on your destruction list?

Last edited by TORETTO; 01-17-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I can't believe how OP is so chill about this...

Some people really don't deserve to drive a G35 if you don't respect it.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Not locked yet??.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stuff happens, in the future I plan to wreck an Audi R8 then a Murcielago :P 22

Old 01-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Stuff happens, in the future I plan to wreck an Audi R8 then a Murcielago :P 22
I actually felt bad for you before because you were talking about how you got it because you were depressed and so forth. Now it just seems like you don't realize how lucky you were that your reckless driving didn't result in something worse. I hope you learn something from the very expensive mistake you made and that you'll be more careful next time. That's really all we can hope for.

Did you get a quote about how much the car is going to cost to fix? Also, any new pictures of the damage?

Old 01-18-2011, 03:42 AM
no remorse...no regret...

we're preaching to the choir, guys. from the way the OP takes this whole situation, i doubt he understands the seriousness of his mistakes.

tbh, i doubt he even paid for that car himself. there's no way a person who paid in full for a car would not feel horrible after such an event.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I almost cry inside when i miss the key hole and the key hits the edge of the lock, i cringe when my pant button scrapes the leather as im getting into the seat, you dont even care !!! I still dont get how you crashed, i have taken my car up to the limit around corners, i know where it is now, i go out with friends often in canyon runs and learn more and more each time... This cars handling is AMAZING!!!
I am trying to lean *by READING) hair pin turns, mates all have Silvias S15, 180SX etc and just come i hard, brake, drift and take off when out of the corner. Anyone have any links or videos for this? We dont have many driving courses in Australia...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I just got a G35, need some tips