G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Passenger Door Stuck Closed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Passenger Door Stuck Closed

Hey guys,

Ran into a bit of an issue, parked my car at my place and locked it as normal with the remote and when I came back to it the next morning the damn passenger door won't open! I can definitely hear the mechanism engaging when I hit unlock on the remote but it just wont open, even from the inside of the car.

I'm guessing the door lock actuator is acting up and will need to be replaced, I'm confident enough to do it myself following the great DIY's on the forum, the only problem is how I would go about replacing it if the door is stuck closed . I assume it would be almost impossible to get the door trim off while it's closed. Any suggestions on how I'd be able to get it open?

The following users liked this post:
infuniti (10-20-2015)
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The following users liked this post:
NemesisGee (10-23-2015)
Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
It's your G's way of letting you know it's jealous and doesn't want you spending time with that girl anymore.

Have you tried opening the door from the inside?

Hold unlock on the remote to roll the windows down then reach in and open it.

*edit* nm I can't read.

Last edited by TannerG; 01-13-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It doesn't sound like the actuator. Even when the actuator goes bad you should be able to get in the car and manually push the door lock to unlock it. It sounds like the cable has gotten stuck somehow.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carlol
Hey guys,

Ran into a bit of an issue, parked my car at my place and locked it as normal with the remote and when I came back to it the next morning the damn passenger door won't open! I can definitely hear the mechanism engaging when I hit unlock on the remote but it just wont open, even from the inside of the car.

I'm guessing the door lock actuator is acting up and will need to be replaced, I'm confident enough to do it myself following the great DIY's on the forum, the only problem is how I would go about replacing it if the door is stuck closed . I assume it would be almost impossible to get the door trim off while it's closed. Any suggestions on how I'd be able to get it open?
its probably not the actuator,
It is possible to remove the panel with brut force
Was this related to rain or moisture.

How did you fix this. I manged to finx it once and it happened again on me a month later

Old 01-03-2020, 06:57 AM
Stock
Originally Posted by wbama387
It doesn't sound like the actuator. Even when the actuator goes bad you should be able to get in the car and manually push the door lock to unlock it. It sounds like the cable has gotten stuck somehow.
Can you confirm this please? I can't unlock my door from the inside or with the remote.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:00 AM
Stock
Originally Posted by carlol
Hey guys,

Brother did you manage to get sorted? I'm having the same issue and can't for the life of me figure out how to get the door open. I don't want to have to smash off the door card.