G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

do not purchase from Infiniti Of Coconut Creek

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: do not purchase from Infiniti Of Coconut Creek

Good point, diamond_coupe. These cars sell like crazy down here year-round. Winter weather is not a factor for these cars down here...

I think I just came in at the right time last September, 'cuz I played hardball at Coc. Creek (they had just opened then) and had them begging me to take this last 6MT they had on a lease deal I couldn't resist (although I've seen better deals on this site since then). The salesman I had then was very polite, non-pushy, and easy to work with. Unfortunately, he transferred to a Dodge dealer a couple months later. You must have gotten unlucky this time with whatever salesman you got, because I have had (mostly) good experiences with that dealer and service department. 'Sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you tried the other local dealer (Broward Infiniti)?

2004 6MT (Silver/Willow), premium & aero packages

My old ride (I still miss her; put a lot of pride and joy into it): http://www.n-body.net/registry/john95ga/

Old 11-02-2004, 06:17 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'm afraid you have one too many zeros on your Bush tax cut figure, the average middle class family - those making less than $73,000 - received $350 NOT $3,500...........I won't comment further on what that does to the rest of your equation.

<hr></blockquote>
Without taking this thread too far off course...

Family-n. pl. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.

Bush gave each child an ADDITIONAL $400 tax credit. The average family has ~2 children. This alone equates to $800.

The marriage penalty obviously means nothing to you. FACT According to the Congressional Budget Office, 42 percent of all married couples were adversely affected by the so-called marriage tax penalty. The average tax penalty was nearly $1,400.

Bush also lowered the income tax percentage that the average "middle class" family pays. According to the Wall Street Journal, 2004; Middle class is defined in dollars as $30,000-$75,000 per year. This tax bracket is 14.8%-18.8% where it previously was 2% higher. Well 2% of $30,000 is $600 and 2% of $75,000 is $1500. Now do the math and tell me how you get $350???

So please follow the world events, watch the evening news, read the newspaper and stop spreading COMPLETE BS! My signature is 100% FACTUAL! Kerry will effectively raise taxes on the middle class family in 2007 by as much as $2,700 per year (that's $800+$1400+$1500)- (the generous $1000 tax cut Kerry Promises) and those making more than $75,000 will really get screwed. Example... If you make $125,000 per year, with the presently proposed Kerry tax plan you will see a hefty tax increase of almost $7000 per year. That's $135 every week that your paycheck will not have in it due to the tax increase!

If anyone wants to vote for Kerry, fine. Just make sure you have your FACTS STRAIGHT and understand what you'll be getting this country into... that's all I ask.

BTW, I love my G and wish to take lnoonl out for a beer just to show him how much fun us CFL G35 owners have at our meets (trying to keep the thread on topic).

<font color=red>John Kerry promises a $1000 middle class tax cut AFTER the Bush tax cut expires.
The Bush tax cut is ~$3500 per middle class family.
JOHN KERRY = MIDDLE CLASS TAX INCREASE!</font color=red>

Old 11-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Banned

$8 Million Worth Of Distortions
Two Bush ads full of misleading and false statements ran more than 9,000 times in 45 cities last week.

October 21, 2004
Summary

Two misleading Bush ads accusing Kerry of supporting tax increases on gasoline and middle-class parents were running heavily last week. According to the Campaign Media Analysis Group of TNS Media Intelligence, which tracks TV ads in the top 100 markets, the two Bush ads accounted for nearly half of the estimated $16 million spent by Bush and the Republican National Committee during that week alone.

Both ads repeat claims we've repeatedly disputed here. They both attempt to portray Kerry as eager to raise taxes on middle-income taxpayers, which Kerry has said consistently he won't do. One ad characterizes Kerry's votes against proposed tax cuts as votes to "raise taxes," an outright falsehood.

Analysis

A Bush ad called "Thinking Mom" ran at saturation levels last week in 42 cities at an estimated cost of $2.5 million. A parallel ad called "Clockwork" ran even more heavily, in 44 cities at an estimated cost of $5.4 million. Together the two ads aired 9,118 times on stations monitored by TNS Media Intelligence/CMAG.

Bush-Cheney '04 Ad "Thinking Mom"

Announcer: And we'll be checking traffic on . . .

Woman: 5:30, gotta get groceries, we're gonna be late.

Announcer: John Kerry and the liberals in Congress have voted to raise gas taxes ten times.

Woman: Ten times? Gas prices are high enough already.

Announcer: They've also raised taxes on senior's Social Security benefits. And raised taxes on middle class parents 18 times. No relief there from the Marriage Penalty.

Woman: More taxes because I'm married? What were they thinking?

Announcer: . . . 350 times. Higher taxes from the liberals in Congress and John Kerry.

Bush: I'm George W. Bush and I approve this message.

Two Ads, Several Distortions

Both ads make statements about Kerry that are misleading or downright false on several counts:

Gasoline taxes: It's false to say Kerry voted "to raise gas taxes ten times" as stated in the "Thinking Mom" ad. Even the Bush campaign's own list of votes doesn't back that up. There has been only one increase -- more than a decade ago -- when the federal gasoline tax went up just over four cents per gallon as part of Clinton's 1993 package of tax increases and spending cuts.

The Bush campaign lists ten votes Kerry cast, five of them on the measure that resulted in that 1993 increase. Four others were against Republican proposals to repeal that same 4.3-cent increase after it was already in place -- so it's false to say those were votes to "raise" the tax. The same goes for the tenth vote, which was against temporarily suspending the 18.4-cent federal gasoline gas tax altogether during a spike in prices in 2000.

Social Security benefits: Kerry did vote to increase the amount of Social Security benefits subject to taxation, as stated in both ads, but not for all seniors. That was also as a part of the 1993 Clinton economic package. The increase was only for those with over $44,000 a year for a married couple. That increase currently affects just over 8 million taxpayers, a fraction of the 47 million who get Social Security benefits. And all the proceeds from the increase go to shore up the Medicare Trust Fund, something the ad fails to mention.

Bush Ad "Clockwork"

Announcer: They voted to raise our gas taxes ten times. And raised taxes on Social Security benefits. Higher taxes on middle class parents 18 times. John Kerry and the liberals in Congress's record on the economy: higher taxes 350 times. An average of once every three weeks for 20 years. Like clockwork. John Kerry and the liberals in Congress on the economy. Troubling.

Bush: I'm George W. Bush and I approve this message.

Middle Class Parents: Another falsehood in the "Mom" ad is the claim that Kerry has "raised taxes on middle-class parents 18 times. No relief there from the marriage penalty." It's true Kerry often opposed Republican proposals in the past, usually on grounds that they granted more relief to upper-income taxpayers than he would like. And some of those proposals included giving married couples a break, as well as granting or increasing tax credits for dependent children. But those votes wouldn't have resulted in raising taxes above what they were at the time.

Furthermore, during the Democratic primary contests Kerry fiercely defended keeping the so-called "marriage penalty" relief and increased child tax credits when other Democratic candidates would have repealed them along with the rest of Bush's cuts. Kerry also would retain Bush's lower rates for low- and middle-income taxpayers.

Kerry said consistently he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making less than $200,000 a year. In an interview on the PBS Newshour with Jim Lehrer Kerry stated:

Kerry: I don't want to roll back the marriage penalty, I don't want to roll back the child-care (sic) credit, I don't want to punish people who got a $300 break at the 10 percent and 15 percent (rate), so I don't take that back.

That was more than a year ago -- July 14, 2003 -- and Kerry's position hasn't changed since.

The "Clockwork" ad falls short of an outright falsehood on this point. It says Kerry supported "higher taxes on middle class parents 18 times." Bush officials argue that voting against a tax cut is voting for "higher" taxes -- meaning higher than the alternative, not higher than people are actually paying. Still, we find the "Clockwork" ad to be misleading.

350 times: Both these ads repeat the misleading claim that Kerry has voted for "higher taxes" 350 times. See our original article from last March for details on why that's wrong.

Sources

US Department of Health and Human Services, "2004 Annual Report of the Boards of Trustees of the Federal Hospital Insurance and Federal Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Funds," Table I.C1.-Medicare Data for Calendar Year 2003 Washington DC 24 March 2004: p3.

MacNeil/Lehrer Productions, "The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer," transcript #7663, 2 July 2003.

<font color=red> This is from www.factcheck.org According to Smdesigngirl - if it is on this website, it is FACT....

NY G SQUAD<font color=red>&lt;---Official Website

Old 11-02-2004, 10:33 AM

they agreed on the proce and didnt even want to show me the purchase order.. i wanted to sign it.. he never showed it to me.

Old 11-02-2004, 10:56 AM

This goes under regional. 99% of people don't care about this dealer and would not use them anyway. Bush/Kerry tax cuts?! Yea, let's hijack/start a new topic about that-sounds sooo interesting-NOT! No wonder the moderators go nuts will the absent organization of these forums.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:18 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Kerry said consistently he wouldn't raise taxes on anyone making less than $200,000 a year. In an interview on the PBS Newshour with Jim Lehrer Kerry stated:

<hr></blockquote>
"Leaving out 82% of taxpayers, just 16% of them would get tax relief under Kerry."

IRS data and an independent estimate show that Kerry's three proposals would only cut taxes for 15.7% of individuals filing income tax returns. According to the IRS, there were 130.7 million filers in fiscal year 2003 (the most recent available data), but as the evidence reveals below, only 20.5 million of them would get Kerry's tax relief. 82% of taxpayers would get no tax relief from Senator Kerry. ("Tax Statistics - Produced by the Statistics of Income Division and other areas of the Internal Revenue Service" IRS: Statistical Information Services Office, Received 9/7/04)

And don't forget that Kerry will raise taxes BY ADMISSION (oops, he didn't realize that he'd get caught in a lie) on families making less than $200,000/year according to The Washington Post and the IRS's website

"This is because Kerry would repeal cuts only for taxpayers in the top two tax brackets, currently 33 percent and 35 percent. Those would go back to 36 percent and 39.6 percent, their levels before the 2001 tax cuts.

The lower of those two brackets kicks in at $178,650 of taxable income for married couples this year ($146,750 for singles)".

Now there's what Kerry says and what Kerry says?????

John Kerry promises a $1000 middle class tax cut AFTER the Bush tax cut expires.
The Bush tax cut is ~$3500 per middle class family.
JOHN KERRY = MIDDLE CLASS TAX INCREASE!

Old 11-02-2004, 11:54 AM

To keep this post back on track......I also had the same bs experience from Infiniti Of Coconut Creek. They would never give me the numbers just wanted to waste my time. After two hours of this bs, it was 9pm on a Friday night. The dumba$$ salesman and his manager told me to come in first thing in the morning. Instead I went to Infiniti of the Palm Beaches. Very professional and completed the deal within 2 hours. While driving home in my new G35 coupe the dumba$$ from Coconut Creek called. I told him I would never do business or recommend anyone to go through their sales experience.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:42 PM

^^^^ Hehehe, that must of felt good! Better, I personally would've driven the brand new car back to their dealership to taunt them even more haha.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:27 PM

LoL good job.. ill do the same.. lol

Old 11-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How are they able to do this to customers if they claim to be the largest Infiniti Dealer in the U.S.?

2004 G35C/IvoryPearl/Graphite/5AT/Premium/Clear Bra

Old 11-04-2004, 02:20 AM

OH MY GOD....I had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with INFINITI OF COCONUT CREEK. They are the biggest bunch of con artists I have ever met. I had them talked down to a real nice price just like you (something around the 33 area). I told them I'd be back in a day or so (to close on the sale of my 2001 Audi TT) to pick up the car. I even put a deposit down, (but I shoulda known, they wouldnt give me a quote on a piece of paper...the best they could do is write a few numbers on the back of a business card!!!) Came back 2 days later (with the business card), as promised and agreed upon, they told me they could not sell me the car at that price and wanted basically 500 under MSRP. I went STOMPING out of that store, and directly to Broward Infiniti. I ended up paying right between what Coconut Creek "quoted" me and MSRP. The guys over at Broward told me that Coconut Creek is CONSTANTLY loosing customers to Broward because of these games/sales shennanigans.

Apparently, theyll quote you a REAL good price (one they know they cant honor) when you first walk through the door and they know it will still take you a day to get your finances in order (even though I wasnt even financing, just wanted to get the check in the bank before writing another one...thats just being smart). Then when you come back ready to close the deal, they reneg!!

INOONL: Talk to Alan at Broward Infiniti. My family has bought I think 5 or so infinitis from him over the years. Nice guy, south african accent, and doesn't play nearly as many games as coco creek (though it did take me threatening to walk out the door once or twice to get him to start talking numbers more than 500 dollars off MSRP...but I bought my G at the beginning of model year 04, so they werent haggling as much...I actually got a great price, for the time)...If you want maybe I can give him a call, and maybe hell cut ya a deal.

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER BUY A CAR FROM INFINITI OF COCONUT CREEK!!!!

It ain't just a Nissan!

Old 11-04-2004, 06:17 AM

I was offered $1300 off of sticker in January 2004, with only two 6mt coupes on the lot at Orlando Infiniti. I started negotiating from there (even though I didn't get very far). Now that the 2005's are out, I'm sure there is more "wiggle room". Mark will not play any games at all, seriously, give him a call. Orlando isn't that far of a drive if you're going to save some money... Also, if you get a price over the phone, he will fax you ALL of the paper work so that when you get here all you have to do is sign it, see if they can beat your financing and drive off... (preferrably you'll drive to a local bar near Orlando Infiniti so that I and several other Orlando guys can check out your new ride [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]).

Old 11-04-2004, 10:01 AM

For your information guys, I believe that Broward Infiniti and Infiniti of Coconut Creek are under the same ownership.

Old 11-04-2004, 10:44 AM

is broward infiniti the one in lighthouse point? if so they are under the same owner and they didnt want to lower even 1k dollars..

Old 11-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Yes, Broward is the new name for the dealership in Lighthouse Point. I would never go there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: do not purchase from Infiniti Of Coconut Creek