G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What do you guys think about this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
Nevah. G37 sux. G35C FTMFW
G35 > G37 any day . As for your situation, talk it over with your parents and hopefully things goes as plan. I'm only 18 and I an fortunate to own my G35 and gas + full coverage is a hassle. But you seem like a hard worker so payments like that will be second nature to you. I have a friend that is going through the same thing but with a wrx.

And since your 16, I suggest you go for a cheaper car (3-5k) if your parents turn you down. Just drive the car for a year or two and once you prove to your parents you are a responsible driver, I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting you that G. Btw, 250s are fun!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Well lets see in the last month:

Clutch kit and Install-420
Oil changes- 100
Air freshners- 20
Car washes-48
Coolant flush-25
gas- yeah lets not go there

Sitting at a stop light and everyone staring= priceless

Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Everyone has given you great advice so far. I am 18 rite now and I bought my G (2007 sedan) when I was 17 (with my own money). I am and was in the same boat as you, paid for cell phone bill, food, clothing etc.. now I pay for that on top of gas, insurance (extremely expensive when you own a car like a G at this age), maintenance etc.. I love my G, dont get me wrong, but as others have said it gets expensive to keep very fast. I put in at least 50-60 bucks in gas a week/ week and a half (driving normal speeds). I pay a ton in insurance. And with any nice car, your going to want to mod it, even more so since you have a background with racing. Im a tech guy and im very handy with tools so I do almost all of my own work but I end up buying at least 2-5 new parts/ upgrades for my car a week along with making my own (electronic systems mods) which take a while to do as well. And yes, all of this leads to me loving and taking great care of my car. I get compliments on it all the time, and chicks dig it (big bonus of any G) but in the end, I wish I used more of my savings on a brand new STI, and went less mod crazy rather then putting 26,000 into my car and slowly depleting the other 12,000 or so in into mods ( I had around 38-39k saved for a car ). Either way, good luck with the parents. My parents always said "As long as its your money I don't really care what you do with it as long as your responsible and can always cover your ***". So, get what car makes you happy and try not to let your dad talk you into anything else. But be sure you can live with what comes next!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Project
Well lets see in the last month:

Clutch kit and Install-420
Oil changes- 100
Air freshners- 20
Car washes-48
Coolant flush-25
gas- yeah lets not go there

Sitting at a stop light and everyone staring= priceless
DAMN! 20 in air freshers! i live 2 minutes from school and 4 minutes from the gym so gas is no biggie. Just wanted to know in advance how much you spend on maintaining it but it doesnt look to bad. Thanks everyone for the help!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Lmao. Its that jdm squash!

Im addicted to buying things for my cars and bike.

Its not bad if you have a low mileage vehicle. Just search on here for some of the common issues and get something with a valid warranty to fix the problems that come up.

GL with finding a car keep us upto date with pics. Oh btw i would find one that isnt modded yet. Usually they are driven like they look.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
if you really want it, and can afford the expenses that goes with it, then just get it.. why wait? the g35 is an old car now, it's been 8 years since it first came out.. and getting older by the year.. heck, i saw a g35 coupe for 9 grand.. you want to enjoy the g when it is still considered a nice car.. next year, no one would even care if you drive a g35.. except for those that just bought theirs or still paying for it... iv'e had my g for 5 years now and i'm ready to move on.. maybe a g37... life is too short, enjoy it (i'm 40).. just drive safe and don't worry about making mistakes in life, you are allowed too..

Last edited by av8or; 01-20-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Project
Lmao. Its that jdm squash!

Im addicted to buying things for my cars and bike.

Its not bad if you have a low mileage vehicle. Just search on here for some of the common issues and get something with a valid warranty to fix the problems that come up.

GL with finding a car keep us upto date with pics. Oh btw i would find one that isnt modded yet. Usually they are driven like they look.
haha tell me about addicted. I raced pit bikes for about 2 years. Not sure if you know much about dirtbikes. Build up a little 8 year olds bike to a full mod adult sized bike. Sold it about a year ago but i have some videos of it on youtube. Probably dumped around 4k into it. I forgot to ask the guy if it still had a warranty on it. The car has 47k miles on it, new clutch at 30k, new transmission at 45k, all work done by riverside infiniti. Its all stock which is good.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:46 AM
first off - welcome! from what you say. i think youre pretty stand up guy to work that hard. better work ethic and responsibility than i see from most people my age (24) and younger so i commend that. i would def sit you father down. if you went through all that - he should honor his agreement. dont be rash - it wont get you anywhere. but keep up the good attitude in life - it’ll take you far! good luck, wish you well!

Old 01-21-2011, 01:24 AM
well tonight i talked with my parents. I started by telling my dad we had an agreement. From the time we made it till now, it never changed and i think that you should live up to it. I have worked hard earning this money by myself for the past couple of years and think i deserve to get my car now since i have saved up enough. He said that he would love to get me a car but he couldnt afford it. I said we could get a loan and split it. I pay 50, he pays 50, and my mom pays 50. He still said no then i brought up about how 5k was missing from my bank account. My mom didnt know about this either and when she heard, she freaked out. I told my dad that its my money and i want it back. i will go out and buy it on my own since you cant live up to a deal you made with your son. Then he tells me that he cant pay me back right now. He says that once we sell our house, he can pay me back and we can get the car. Our house just went up for sale and this could take a year to sell. Situation ends by my mom yelling at his for taking 5k from me and not being able to pay me back. Final outcome- no car for me until our house sells which could be a year or too. Goodbye guys.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunate. Sorry to hear it bro but maybe something better will come from this. Keep your head up. Things will get better

Old 01-21-2011, 02:41 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by miniracer43
well tonight i talked with my parents. I started by telling my dad we had an agreement. From the time we made it till now, it never changed and i think that you should live up to it. I have worked hard earning this money by myself for the past couple of years and think i deserve to get my car now since i have saved up enough. He said that he would love to get me a car but he couldnt afford it. I said we could get a loan and split it. I pay 50, he pays 50, and my mom pays 50. He still said no then i brought up about how 5k was missing from my bank account. My mom didnt know about this either and when she heard, she freaked out. I told my dad that its my money and i want it back. i will go out and buy it on my own since you cant live up to a deal you made with your son. Then he tells me that he cant pay me back right now. He says that once we sell our house, he can pay me back and we can get the car. Our house just went up for sale and this could take a year to sell. Situation ends by my mom yelling at his for taking 5k from me and not being able to pay me back. Final outcome- no car for me until our house sells which could be a year or too. Goodbye guys.
Keep your hopes up man. Don't let this get you down. Even tho your dad did wrong by you by taking your money, but you got to understand him. It sound like your parents are a bit in a pinch at the moment. You should be a good understanding song and help them out with what you can. Maybe putting couple hundred bucks in a family pot to help family out. After all you live in the house and contribute to the living expenses, might as well contribute to the budget. You seem like a responsible person, maybe it's time get to the next stage of responsibility.

Just a food for thought.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Originally Posted by OGKushRob
yeah i worked at a shop with a carwash attached somehow one of the carwash kids had a b5 s4 built, his one friend had an AMS evo 8 pushin over 900 on pump gas...never rode in that, and his other rich friend had an 07 sti with the cobb AC. i always got to drive nice cars at that shop...and i quit and went to NIU...smh...
Over 900 on straight pump gas?

Old 01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Good thing your not interested in a 350Z......

Miniracer43, take a look at the link below if you haven't done so already.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...some-tips.html

Don't rush into buying cars you can barely afford. I'm sure its been said already but if you consider all of the expenses associated with a car like this, you will find it adds up quickly. I suggest you find a beater first, something good on gas and thats easy/cheap to fix. Get some experience behind the wheel first before you buy something nice. There's things about driving you will only learn from experience, and you don't want to learn the hard way when the majority of your money is involved. Good job on saving up the money but the next lesson is learning to spend it wisely.

Just my .02

Last edited by herrschaft; 01-21-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
That thread above is epic.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
plz man wait, dont buy a g35 at your age. i got one at 17 and it was cheap to buy, but a PITA to maintain and insure. first i would go make a new account and transfer that 3k u got left to account that ur parents dont have access too, then save up for something cheaper and easier to maintain. i about to get rid of mine cuz the cost are greater then the joy of driving it. espeicially if ur getting 23mpg with premium, and i drive 700 miles a week

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about this?