G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What do you guys think about this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you guys think about this?

Let me introduce myself here on the forum. I am 16 years old and have been working hard to save up money for a g35. I race motocross and gokarts as my sport. All my dirtbikes and karts have been payed for by ME. My parents have taken no consideration into the sport and have made me pay for all my gear, parts, bikes, karts, and labor when **** breaks. I started looking into cars when i was about 15. i only have about 700 dollars to my name and was looking at g35's. My dad said i was out of my mind and said i was lucky if i got something that would cost about 7000 dollars. He made a deal with me saying WHATEVER YOU PAY I WILL MATCH. Over the last year or so, i have worked my *** off. I spend my breaks off school working and time after school working. I have started drifting away from motocross and ended up selling my bikes that I HAVE PAID FOR. As of right now, i have saved up 8300!!!!! Finally enough to get the g35 i have always wanted! Found a great deal the other day on an 05 g35 6mt for 16500. I ask my dad if we can look at it and if everything is good, we can buy it. He comes back with the excuse that i am not getting that nice of a car. Im sorry but if you worked that many hours and then had your dad tell you no, i am sure you would know how mad you would be. he has taken over 5000 from my bank account without me knowing which i just found out today also. He doesnt know this tho (check my balance online and only have 3000). I am thinking i am just going to keep working after school and take out an 8000 loan over 60 months. Averages about 150 per month. Please dont comment saying this is too fast of a car for you. I have driven numerous Subaru STI's along with a friends 350z, rx-8, and clk63. I am not some dumb *** idiot kid that thinks he knows how to drive a car and goes out and crashes it because its to fast. i have raced shifter karts for over 5 years and KNOW how vehicles react. If you were in my situation, what would you guys be doing? Just would like an honest opionion before i open up my mouth to my dad.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to DRIVER Mini, you need to sit down with your Dad and make him realize that just because you're 16 doesn't mean your not responsible. You've earned the funds needed and you'd like him to follow up with his promise. As long as the G in question has a clear title and you've got a CARFAX back stating zero accidents that sound like a good deal. I hope you get it, you sound like a young man that's mature enough to handle a G35C. Don't let us down!
Gary

Old 01-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
+1...I would be hitting his *** up about that 5 G's he took from your bank account too!

Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Get something cheaper while you are that young. Trust me from experience, you are going to burn through money on insurance...

Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
But you only live once so if it makes you happy.... That is how I rationalized to my parents when I bought my g @ 19.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:07 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Don't hate on your dad just yet. In my opinion he took that money out of your bank account so that you don't purchase that car your self after being rejected by him.

Before you do purchase a G35 consider your insurance premium. With your age and that car it's going to be at least $150+ a month, then consider gas cost. With your heavy 16 year old foot it's going to be at least $50 a week.

Don't make a mistake by just looking at the price of the car, consider the maintenance cost.

If I was your dad, friend or older brother I would suggest holding off on that car for at least 2 years. It's just going to be too expensive for you to maintain and you might find it to be a burden for you later down the road and you most likely going to end up hating it.
So don't turn your love affair with a G35 into something you going to hate.

As far as your dad taking money.
Don't go to him with guns blazing and accusing him of all kinds of things. Instead approach him saying "Dad I understand that that car might seem like too much for me to handle, and I understand that because you want to protect me and guard me from making a stupid decision you took 5k out of my account so I don't go and try to buy that car without your permission..........." (come up with the rest your self, but keep the theme going) If you manage to pull that <-- off I can almost guarantee you that he'll go buying that car with you the next day.

Good luck.

Let us know what will come of you situation.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Good advice above^^. Sounds like you are mature enough to ask for other's advice/opinions instead of lashing out at your parents. Any teenager that can save up that kind of dough, IMO, should be treated w/ a little more respect than the average punk that blows his money on BS stuff.
GL!

Old 01-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by JOKER
Don't hate on your dad just yet. In my opinion he took that money out of your bank account so that you don't purchase that car your self after being rejected by him.

Before you do purchase a G35 consider your insurance premium. With your age and that car it's going to be at least $150+ a month, then consider gas cost. With your heavy 16 year old foot it's going to be at least $50 a week.

Don't make a mistake by just looking at the price of the car, consider the maintenance cost.

If I was your dad, friend or older brother I would suggest holding off on that car for at least 2 years. It's just going to be too expensive for you to maintain and you might find it to be a burden for you later down the road and you most likely going to end up hating it.
So don't turn your love affair with a G35 into something you going to hate.

As far as your dad taking money.
Don't go to him with guns blazing and accusing him of all kinds of things. Instead approach him saying "Dad I understand that that car might seem like too much for me to handle, and I understand that because you want to protect me and guard me from making a stupid decision you took 5k out of my account so I don't go and try to buy that car without your permission..........." (come up with the rest your self, but keep the theme going) If you manage to pull that <-- off I can almost guarantee you that he'll go buying that car with you the next day.

Good luck.

Let us know what will come of you situation.
thanks everyone for your opionions. Joker, thanks for the response. The money was not just taken out yesterday. Took out about 500-1000 every 2 weeks to a month. Just noticed it yesterday when i needed to see my total of how much i have put in. however, about maintence. I have a half day at my school then take my other 3 classes at a private school. they specialize in real life business. I take automotive technology, welding, and marketing-managing. I can do almost all the work on my car so maintence will not be a big thing to deal with. Gas is not a biggie. I was either deciding between building a prerunner truck or a g35 so gas would not be too much different. I have a job so it will cover that. I think im going to sit down tomorrow and talk to my dad about why he does not want me to get this car. he knows i have devoted hundreds of hours working for this then shuts me down when i finally come up with the money.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Also, im only 16 so i cant really go out and buy a car without my dad.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
I bought my G a month after I turned 19.. when I turned 18, I got my first credit card through BOA since I had them when I was 16.. I bought it own my own, without a cosigner or anything.. I havent even had my G a year, and I always am looking at other cars I could of had if I waited a tad longer.. IE new Camaro or a G37... I settled for my G35 even though Ive always loved them, I'll never be satisfied with it. Im in the middle of the debate in either
dumping a whole bunch of money in it.. make it badass and ride it out for another 3-4 years... or just do what I have to get buy and buy something else in the next year or two..

I bought my G for 14xxx after tax, title and ****.. I put 6 grand in cash and financed the other 8 over 48 months... my payments are 225ish a month and my insurance is about 250... due to about 10+ tickets since I was 16, including a car crash... I could of bought something that would of held me over for 4-5 grand.. like another Mustang or 3000GTVR4.. I owned both of those previous to my G... and saved up an average of 600+ a month for something else... and in 2-3 years, I could have a potential 15000+ for something really bad ***..

Basically what Im trying to say is, I love my G... I regret buyin her, but I cant turn back the hands of time and do it over again.. Maybe your father is doing the right thing.. as long as he gives you the money he took back..

If I could do it over again.. I wouldnt of bought my G...

Old 01-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im 21 and i bought mine at 20 so if youre smart about it you can get a G at a pretty young age. as to you driving sti's and all that...how have you driven all of those when youre only 16? just curious...but if youve driven moto and whatnot a G isnt a ridiculous car for ya

Old 01-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by OGKushRob
im 21 and i bought mine at 20 so if youre smart about it you can get a G at a pretty young age. as to you driving sti's and all that...how have you driven all of those when youre only 16? just curious...but if youve driven moto and whatnot a G isnt a ridiculous car for ya
a good friend of mine has a fully build wrx sti. has about 16k into the engine and suspension. has a 4000 dollar clutch. Think its like a dual Fibre? clutch. Whatever it is, it was probably the hardest and the most fun car i have ever driven. when it hits boost it just takes off! Then my friends brother has a build wrx with twin turbo. I road 250's in the intermediate class if you guys know what that is. Broke my tib/fib last year which forced me to sell my bikes. now have 2 plates, 32 screws, and 2 robs in my leg

Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by HavokGT
I bought my G a month after I turned 19.. when I turned 18, I got my first credit card through BOA since I had them when I was 16.. I bought it own my own, without a cosigner or anything.. I havent even had my G a year, and I always am looking at other cars I could of had if I waited a tad longer.. IE new Camaro or a G37... I settled for my G35 even though Ive always loved them, I'll never be satisfied with it. Im in the middle of the debate in either
dumping a whole bunch of money in it.. make it badass and ride it out for another 3-4 years... or just do what I have to get buy and buy something else in the next year or two..

I bought my G for 14xxx after tax, title and ****.. I put 6 grand in cash and financed the other 8 over 48 months... my payments are 225ish a month and my insurance is about 250... due to about 10+ tickets since I was 16, including a car crash... I could of bought something that would of held me over for 4-5 grand.. like another Mustang or 3000GTVR4.. I owned both of those previous to my G... and saved up an average of 600+ a month for something else... and in 2-3 years, I could have a potential 15000+ for something really bad ***..

Basically what Im trying to say is, I love my G... I regret buyin her, but I cant turn back the hands of time and do it over again.. Maybe your father is doing the right thing.. as long as he gives you the money he took back..

If I could do it over again.. I wouldnt of bought my G...
i would deffidently love the g37! I think anyone would take that over a g35. What i think my dad is trying to get at me with is that he doesnt want me driving that nice of a car. Im sure he would be fine buying a 17,000 k honda accord with like 15k miles on it. Ill sit down and talk to my mom and dad tomorrow. Hopefully, i can talk them into it. Also, im only 2 miles away from school and 4 miles away from the gym so i wont be using any gas except on the weekends.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah i worked at a shop with a carwash attached somehow one of the carwash kids had a b5 s4 built, his one friend had an AMS evo 8 pushin over 900 on pump gas...never rode in that, and his other rich friend had an 07 sti with the cobb AC. i always got to drive nice cars at that shop...and i quit and went to NIU...smh...

Old 01-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by OGKushRob
yeah i worked at a shop with a carwash attached somehow one of the carwash kids had a b5 s4 built, his one friend had an AMS evo 8 pushin over 900 on pump gas...never rode in that, and his other rich friend had an 07 sti with the cobb AC. i always got to drive nice cars at that shop...and i quit and went to NIU...smh...
damn that evo sounds crazy! i would die to have a ride in that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about this?