G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Infiniti too stingy? liability issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 03:44 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti too stingy? liability issues?

Don't know if it's such a big deal, but I find it kind of amusing.
I picked up an 05' coupe brochure from my dealer, and was surprised to find a "Photoshopped" 03'-04' model pictures....
If you get your hands on one, you'll find several graphically edited pictures from the 03'-04' models.
These pictures feature 03-04 6MT models.... now we all know what that means.... - BREMBOs....[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
What they did was put the 19" wheels on it and tried to darken the Brembo calipers to make them less noticeable.
To say they did a poor job would be a compliment. In one of the smaller pictures, which features a "Caribbean Blue" coupe, you can actually read the "Brembo" logo on the darkened calipers....
Now, here is my question: Can't that pose some liability issues for Infiniti? I mean they feature cars that have Brembos on them when they obviously don't...
If you get one, take a look at the White coupe, DG coupe featured in the tri-folding page, and the small Caribbean Blue coupe....

One would think that a luxury division such as Infiniti, would have the budget to actually take some new pictures, rather than pay 20 bucks to some armature to Photoshop their best selling car...

MY G-ENIE

Old 11-03-2004, 04:40 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Re: Infiniti too stingy? liability issues?

Maybe they just made the brochures before they actually had any production versions of the 05's, or maybe those are early prototype 05's, but were taken before they decided to nix the brembos.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Maybe they just made the brochures before they actually had any production versions of the 05's, or maybe those are early prototype 05's, but were taken before they decided to nix the brembos.

<hr></blockquote>
I suggest you take a look at the pictures... it is very clear that they are photoshops. I've seen the brochure and it is laughable. Everything Speed said is dead-on, they're being cheap... check out the website too, same EXACT pictures with photoshopped rims.

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi

"It's a celebration bitches" - Rick James

Old 11-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan,
I find no "liability" issues with the ads. ALL car ads are mis-leading. In fact there is one dealer group on LI that is fined all the time. (The name is not pacific). If they advertised brembos and then gave you a different brand there would be a problem. The first lawsuit would obviously come from Brembo.

Only a trained G expert would notice this!

JB

NY G SQUAD<font color=red>&lt;---Official Website

Old 11-04-2004, 02:20 AM

Read the disclaimer on the brochure. Almost all releases like this will go through a corporation's legal department. They do their best to cover their butts.