G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help me mod my G pleeeeease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help me mod my G pleeeeease

Hey everyone, after a long time of going to college and trying to find a full time job I've finally settled down a bit and want to add a bit to the G. It's a black 6mt coupe that I've owned since 2005 (only 22,000 miles LOL).
So far my mods: JWT Popcharger, fujitsubo exhaust, and a driver/passenger (whatever isn't stock) battery cover. And of course... clear corners

So here's what I'm looking at...

I want to get some front and rear braces and I'm looking at the stillens mainly because they seem cost affordable and people have given it positive feedback. Any other options that I should look at?

I want to get coilovers and was looking between 2 sets. The Tein Flex and the HKS Hipermax II. Questions regarding these...
1. Anyone with Tein Flex, did you get the EDFC? Have you had any issues with this? I'm a very simple person and see this as one more thing that could go wrong =P. I bought the baseline G, no sunroof, no premium, no nav, just the 6mt stuff and the stupid splashguards and mats that I couldn't get out of buying.
2. What would the total coast for new set + installation run me?
3. If I do this do I need/should I get a camber kit with it?
4. I know it's bad but I'm leaning towards the HKS because it seems like everyone has tein stuff and it would be nice to have something else, anyone have a comparison of the 2? I heard the HKS are a pretty rough ride but I don't mind, my first car was an e36 m3 with some stiff bilsteins.

BBK - I know this is probably the most money for the least amount of performance (brakes only slow you down) but I'm just fancying the idea. I'm looking at the Stoptechs, black calipers and slotted rotors. Will these fit stock wheels or will I need to buy new wheels to have these fit?

Wheels!!! Of course, who doesn't want new wheels? Looking at CE28's or RE30's. But I'm completely content with my stock wheels, just incase I need them for my BBK

Anyways, any feedback would be much appreciated.

Here's some pics after a fresh detail. All menzerna products, wash, polish, and tried the power sealent for the first time. I'm a long time user of FMJ and am trying the newer sealent for the first time. Nice rain in socal and it beaded nicely, we'll see how long it lasts on the car. FMJ was awesome

Done with my phone camera (it's a cybershot phone, but still not the best quality). Last pic is back when I had my blacked out taillights, 2 tickets 2 months, set me back $225 in orange county, so I'm done with those haha

Attached Thumbnails Help me mod my G pleeeeease-dsc02628.jpg   Help me mod my G pleeeeease-dsc02632.jpg   Help me mod my G pleeeeease-dsc02558.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:34 PM
ps, kudos to anyone who reads my whole post

Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool good luck with the mods and do research before you pull the trigger on somthing

Old 02-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I can't add anything insightful, since I'm new as well, but I'm very interested in knowledgeable replies as I am looking at new brakes soon.

I will chastise you for not keeping your tires black when your paint looks that damn deep. :P

Old 02-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by jstudrawa
I can't add anything insightful, since I'm new as well, but I'm very interested in knowledgeable replies as I am looking at new brakes soon.

I will chastise you for not keeping your tires black when your paint looks that damn deep. :P
I just got some new PS2's on my car, I was riding the stock Potenza's till they died. figured why do the wheels and tires when they were gunna get swapped/handled by techs with dirty gloves. Doing the wheels this weekend with some soap, some clay, and some sealent. Doing a polish on my exhaust too.

Thanks for the paint compliment too