G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

MD spacer is awesome!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yah the MREV2+5/16 spacer is definately a nice little kick in the pants! Its like VTEC just kicked in yo! hahah

Old 02-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by savior
Whats the difference between the basic and iso?
Basically this,

1) The basic spacer leaves the entire plenum hot all the time. (just like stock)
2) The Iso Thermal heats the plenum when you need it and doesn't heat the plenum when you don't need it. But depending on weather condition, the coolant control valve CCV must be switched on or off.
3) The Copper Iso Thermal is fully automatic. Just install it and forget it. It always gives the best results without adjustment. But it costs more.

The difference is basically in that the regular one is just a spacer. The Iso Thermal is a spacer+a CCV. the ccv controls coolant flow to your throttle body preventing it from freezing in really cold temps(open valve for cold, close valve for hot). The copper iso thermal is the iso thermal spacer+ a copper spacer for between the TB and the plenum. The copper controls the temperature on its own and doesnt require a valve hooked up to the coolant line.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xWRECKo
Yea i have 2004 G35 coupe 5AT with a Ztube, Stillen Intake with K&N, Grounding Kit, and a 5/16. This really makes the car pull. It added a total of 25 BHP according to the Dyno. Im soon adding a Orisis Tune which will help me a hell of alot more.

Even for a small price you can make huge difference in the way your car runs, sounds, and the acceleration.
get hfc or test pipes. they free a good amount of whp and you dont want to waste a tune.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just did this mod to my G last saturday too. Noticed big change when I down shift from 4th to 3th in 3000 - 5000rpm. I noticed a stronger pull in that power range. Definitely worth all of $239. Took me 2 hours total. It would help to download the installation instructions from MotorDyne and read it first so you have an idea of how the installation go then install it following the instructions. *** Watch out for the Plenum edges. They are extremely sharp. Took a good chunk of skin off my hand ***

Old 02-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by sillyoldtayo
Basically this,

1) The basic spacer leaves the entire plenum hot all the time. (just like stock)
2) The Iso Thermal heats the plenum when you need it and doesn't heat the plenum when you don't need it. But depending on weather condition, the coolant control valve CCV must be switched on or off.
3) The Copper Iso Thermal is fully automatic. Just install it and forget it. It always gives the best results without adjustment. But it costs more.

The difference is basically in that the regular one is just a spacer. The Iso Thermal is a spacer+a CCV. the ccv controls coolant flow to your throttle body preventing it from freezing in really cold temps(open valve for cold, close valve for hot). The copper iso thermal is the iso thermal spacer+ a copper spacer for between the TB and the plenum. The copper controls the temperature on its own and doesnt require a valve hooked up to the coolant line.
Thanks for the explanation

Old 02-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BonBG35
get hfc or test pipes. they free a good amount of whp and you dont want to waste a tune.
Yea I'm trying to find some HFC that work good with my coupe and dot cost like 500.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:12 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Couple of questions xWRECKo. Where in the RPM range do you see the 25hp? And where on the RPM range did you see the first full 10hp gain? Also, what kind of torque gains did you see?

I've always been skeptical about the real gains you get from some of this bolt on stuff and how many $$/hp they cost.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea I'm trying to find some HFC that work good with my coupe and dot cost like 500.
I know theres a vendor here that quoted me Berk HFC for $385 shipped, if you're interested shoot me a PM and ill let you know.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I have a question on the installation.
The copper iso thermal plenum spacer kit comes with the lower
gasket.
If I am not installing a MREV2(i have 06' 5at) do I need to install the lower gasket?
According to the instructions:
"After cleaning, leave the upper plenum set it aside to allow room for removal of the lower plenum and installation of the Iso Thermal gasket. (Iso Thermal and MREV2 only)"

Bit confused on that.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Arn35

^^The Aramid gasket is designed to get rid of heat transfer from the manifold to the upper and lower plenum. It will keep the plenum area running much cooler. If you dont want to install it, dont. After installing the aramid gasket, mrev2 and spacer i noticed the plenum is completely cold to the touch now. Before installing these parts the plenum would be incredibly hot to the touch. The way i see it, the cooler the plenum, the cooler the air entering the manifold. it is debatable though as to how this effects intake air temps because the air is moving so fast it would have very little time to heat up in there...anyway theres your answer

Last edited by sillyoldtayo; 02-27-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: hooters
Old 02-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by N80
Couple of questions xWRECKo. Where in the RPM range do you see the 25hp? And where on the RPM range did you see the first full 10hp gain? Also, what kind of torque gains did you see?

I've always been skeptical about the real gains you get from some of this bolt on stuff and how many $$/hp they cost.
sorry it took so long for me to reply ive been out of town.

First here is the brake down.

Ztube- about 3-5 horse power basically just for sound
Stillen intake- combo with ztube 12-15 horse
groundin kit- nothing (everyone has one so i got it)
5/16 spacer- about 10-15

Now i basically didnt feel the first 10 but once i reached 3500 it just took it to the limit. I didnt know this little thing could give it such a great pull

I gained 23 lbs

Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Here you go quick video

Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
sorry it took so long for me to reply ive been out of town.

First here is the brake down.

Ztube- about 3-5 horse power basically just for sound
Stillen intake- combo with ztube 12-15 horse
groundin kit- nothing (everyone has one so i got it)
5/16 spacer- about 10-15

Now i basically didnt feel the first 10 but once i reached 3500 it just took it to the limit. I didnt know this little thing could give it such a great pull

I gained 23 lbs

Can you post the graph of the dyno pulls?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 PM
i wish i could i did this like 2-3 years ago. when i add my osiris tune and my HFC then i will.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MD spacer is awesome!