G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just about done looking at cars, 3 to choose from.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
$9000 claim... that's sketchy... also I'm not liking that cracked headlight housing, might cause condensation build up if more damage. Personally I wouldn't pay that much for that car if its rebuilt and not in good condition to this day.

The manual one looks like a really good deal, usually manuals are more expensive. Is there a reason why you want auto more?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol well I wanted a manual, first car and I went to this auto mall with really nice cars everywhere, I tried to drive it and almost crashed 3 times, he told me that I should get a auto and listed off some reasons, sounded good.

Theres a story behind the 12500 car tho, I went to test drive it maybe 20 minutes after I was at the automall but after I thought I shouldn't get a manual I had to call him and cancel the appointment, which is why he wrote "I will not wait around for missed appointments, sorry but i hate people that play games and are not serious. " on his new ad.
I'm going to go check it out with my friend that drives a manual and see if she thinks theres anything wrong with it and hopefully drive it home sometime next week or this week.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
hey Azn, do those mods look good?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM
^ the cold AEM cai looks pretty good, but curious why he didn't put the brand of suspension, exhaust.

BUT i wouldn't recommend buying a G35 MT if you don't have much experience driving MT's it's not the easiest car, but not impossible obv. could check out this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...-drive-mt.html

It's your call though, if you really want the white one you gotta to get a thorough check, compression, body, joints, etc.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
yea I think I'd like to learn manual, good to know and I'd just need some practice on it.
The white one has too much money in repairs, if I were to resell it I think it might not be worth it, and this silver one is alot better for cheaper. I'm going to the town and I'm gonna test drive the white one and the black and that silver one sometime soon

Old 02-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Hi there,

coincidentally , I'm from Vancouver too and just recently looking at G35 Coupes.

Just a few notes. The black G35 you posted had another ad with the exact same picture, so it's probably from the same guy, and that ad said it had 105k miles, not KM, so make sure to double check on that.

I test drove a 2003 G35 at Luxor Motors down on Lougheed highway (behind Staples), which was asking for around 16000, and fell in love with it. The clutch squeaky, but they said they would fix it before selling it. But in general, the clutch is pretty heavy, so it just takes getting used to. So damn fast, and the sound is just amazing. But the milage was alittle high at 124,000km.

I also called that guy selling the 2004 Infiniti G35, and he sounds like a really nice guy. He even dropped his price down to 12.5k recently. So definitely check that out.

I personally wouldn't want to buy a car that's been in 3 collisions with one at 9k... not worth it imo. Be patient... Repo.ca is a ripoff unless you can bargain down with them significantly.

But keep us updated

Old 02-25-2011, 03:09 PM
124000km isn't too bad that is less than average but I wouldn't get too discourage by mileage, it depends on how the car runs. I got a sick deal for my 2005 G in the states and with a little more than average mileage but he lived in a small town that was 3 hrs away from anything hahah. So i'd assume it would be a little high.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by azn pho life
124000km isn't too bad that is less than average but I wouldn't get too discourage by mileage, it depends on how the car runs. I got a sick deal for my 2005 G in the states and with a little more than average mileage but he lived in a small town that was 3 hrs away from anything hahah. So i'd assume it would be a little high.
Yea totally. Our streets in Vancouver suck because there is no "interstate", so we have to constantly stop and accelerate a lot in busy streest, which puts more stress on the drivetrain, but less milage, compared to in the states where you're mostly "coasting" on highways, but have higher milage.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey PK, we should start talking more.
Very sad for me, I'm 17 so I cannot get a loan or else I would go buy that 12500 car right now. Impossible because my family can't either That black auto has 160000 km and it's a bit expensive for the year/mileage so I'm going to wait for a good one to come out. That repo one looks nice if only it didn't have a whopping 9000 claim.

yea 16000 for a 2003 is a bit much but if you had it for 15000 that'd be a nice deal I think.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Where else do you look at cars? Craigslist, Autotrader.ca, any other?

Edit: http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Infiniti/...S200446162329/ This the car you were looking at PK? lol it looks nice I'd think about it for 15000

Last edited by Slim Shady; 02-25-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:38 PM
you can't get a loan to buy a $12500 car, but you're looking at cars for $15000? or were you planning on financing through the dealer?

Old 02-26-2011, 01:41 AM
wow, age 17 and ready to make such a financial commitment! I'm 24, and I don't even have enough money saved up yet, (well, I dumped a wack load of cash into my RRSP :S).

But anyways, I hope I'm not disappointing you, but I think you should start off with a crap car with a manual transmission to learn from that instead - you sound like you don't have much experience driving standard. You might be able to afford 12-14k, but tax and insurance is going to rape you up the bum! Not only that, but maintenance and repair is really hectic as well.

I know you really want this car, and trust me, I know what it feels like! But I think at this point, it's a better investment to buy a cheaper car now, while you save up $$ and buildup discount on your insurance and get your G35 later on.

In terms of other places to look for, there's always those Chinese buy & sell you see all over chinese restaurants here in Vancouver

Old 02-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by pk_volt
wow, age 17 and ready to make such a financial commitment! I'm 24, and I don't even have enough money saved up yet, (well, I dumped a wack load of cash into my RRSP :S).

But anyways, I hope I'm not disappointing you, but I think you should start off with a crap car with a manual transmission to learn from that instead - you sound like you don't have much experience driving standard. You might be able to afford 12-14k, but tax and insurance is going to rape you up the bum! Not only that, but maintenance and repair is really hectic as well.

I know you really want this car, and trust me, I know what it feels like! But I think at this point, it's a better investment to buy a cheaper car now, while you save up $$ and buildup discount on your insurance and get your G35 later on.

In terms of other places to look for, there's always those Chinese buy & sell you see all over chinese restaurants here in Vancouver
I don't live in van and what's the Chinese buy sell?

I only want the car because I'm 17, no bills to pay, I mean I make 1500 a month, I have 8k saved up and i only cant get a loan because I'm underaged. With insurance at 200, and gas and stuff, I figure I could pay off around 1000 a month, and when I graduate I'm going to make alot more.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.autotrader.ca/result/adde...D=3515172&mp=0

There's this car that he said 15800 for, it looks very clean tho, low mileage, brembo brakes. I wish it was 2005 tho what do you think?

Old 02-26-2011, 02:46 PM
i cant blame you bro, when i was 17 i sprung for an Acura GX, so way to go hard! I have to warn you though, my 2003 G35 coupe is giving me problems that i didn't know where problems. make sure the front suspension is good to go, i heard of a lot of issues with the lower arm bars and bushings etc. I now have that expensive problem. Also, i've replaced both HID light all ready, and they were supposed to be good for a long time, I'm winking right now cause of a bad ballast that i cant reach to fix myself, so im waiting on cheap ebay parts to slowly come in as i find someone who can work on it with me. the suspension issue has bounced cracks in both headlight casings, which are $350. HID lights, $40-60, ballast $50-100, i dont even want to think about the suspension parts.. just fare warning. expensive parts, hard to work on, but when its all working i cant stop smiling still, after a year.

also, i got mine from CarMax and still had issues with the brakes and cd player right away, take a mechanic with you if you're buying private!

Last edited by bryanjmcc; 02-26-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: more info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just about done looking at cars, 3 to choose from.