G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe problems!!!!

I was on my way to Wal-mart yesterday - coupe was in 4th gear when it suddenly stalled! I lost all control as the steering and brakes were locked, everything just shut down. As a result, I hit a low median nearly straight on that was immediately in my path. I then had no recourse but to let it coast to a stop. The car started up once I stopped, applied the clutch and turned the ignition. But as a result of hitting the median, my coupe is knocked out of alignment and badly scratched on the left side front bumper. It hit so hard that the corner light popped out. I checked for frame damage/leaks and could not see anything apparent.

Well, I already have an appointment today with service because my CD player quit working yesterday PRIOR to this incident (CD Error FO message - will not reject or accept CDs) and will have them investigate everything. I am very disturbed this has happened. I just read on another G35 BB yesterday and over the last 2 months on yet another BB, of SEVERAL cases where the Coupe has just stalled while driving along. What if I had been taking my son to school and my car stalled? I travel down a winding road every day to get him to school. I am worried and extremely ticked off that this has happened and resulted in damage to my car.

I'll keep you updated. Y'all be aware that this can happen.

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

Old 04-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: G35 Coupe problems!!!!

Damn, that must have been frightening![img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] Good to hear you are OK. Make Infiniti repair the car for 100% free.
Could have been anything, Fuel, Ignition or power. Hmmmmmmmh!

<font color=blue>Merlin</font color=blue>

Old 04-19-2003, 01:14 PM

Lets all keep an eye out for this!!!
Obviously this is VERY serious!!!!

We should have all of the documentation we can on this ... to link all the incidents together to find or prove a cause and result.

Do you have the web site addresses for the other BB's ?

take care

Old 04-19-2003, 01:43 PM

hmm just wondering... is it possible that you just revved too low and u stalled b/c you went below idle speed? Becuase all those things happen when your engine dies b/c of low idle speed... i mean... plus you always have the emergency brake (parking brake) as an option of stopping... so... i really dont' see why this happened... so i guess the lesson here is that if you don't have ur brakes for some reason, remember your parking brake. That should help...

Old 04-19-2003, 02:33 PM

I just got back from the dealership. The service manager was very concerned about the reported problem and took good care of me and my coupe. I was concerned that their diagnostics of the coupe's system chip did NOT indicate any problems though.

I will be on alert now for sure...because something like this should not ever happen.

The service manager took care of the alignment and will be painting my bumper when I take it back to get a new CD player installed.

BTW - Coupe had approx 900 miles when incident occurred. This is a Feb production coupe that I took delivery of on 4/4.

Other G35 sites of interest:

www.freshalloy.com
www.6mt.net

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

Old 04-19-2003, 02:40 PM

That sounds really scary...glad to see that you weren't hurt.

G35c 6MT/BS/G/Prem/Aero/Nav

Old 04-19-2003, 03:15 PM

thats the crapiest part about computer cars. The car has to be on inorder to use the power steering. If you could have still steered then im sure you wouldnt have hit the rail. If that ever happens again just clutch and start the engine while in the coast to regain braking and steering. If that fails use the Ebrake. But that is all hard to think of in a state of panic. Im glad your ok.

Marcel

G35C 6 MT
Volk GTC 19'x8.5' front; 19'x9.5' rear
Dunlop Sport 9000 245/35/19 front; 275/35/19 rear

Old 04-19-2003, 05:41 PM

YIKES!! [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img] How sacrey is that? I'm glad your okay.
I haven't heard any problems or recalls related to your incident, but will keep a close eye out for info. realted to this.
I hear some suggestions on this board as to what you should or could have done differently, however it is my opinion that no 2 people react the same during an emergency. If it truly was the car and not driver error, I would seriously be concerned for you and your family's safety. Please!!!!! Report this incident to Infiniti Customer Service, and let them know you took it into your dealer......documentation will help you in the long run.
Let us know if it happens again. Take care.

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi

Old 04-20-2003, 12:24 AM

if you need/decide to take any action... you got the whole board behind ya!!!

Old 04-20-2003, 12:46 AM

Dang..I may have a similar problem. I was driving down the highway with my wife, all of a sudden...the engine just quit! I immediately put the car in nuetral and restarted the motor...fire up fine. I live about 60 miles from the nearest dealership, and so far it hasn't done it again so I haven't bothered...WEIRD!

Old 04-20-2003, 01:11 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Might be worth the trip, bro, to tell them and to see if there's any codes. Besides being a weird one, it's dangerous.
Good luck dude--[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-20-2003, 01:21 PM

Just to let you guys know, I saw this same problem on my VW Jetta, and is a very serious problem that VW is trying to deal with. Part in question is the coil pack, once you have a very small crack in the casing, humidity or water gets in and then you have problems, and this is one of the several reasons that will make your engine stall while you are driving. Once that happens, you lose all of your power options. Hopefully Nissan won't have the same problem on their hands.

Old 04-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Staff ALUMNI

Not the same on the "Gs" since we have individual coil packs for each cylinder. Puzzling![img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2003, 02:45 PM

Power steering and brakes should still work w/o the engine on, although they take a lot more muscle on your part to operate, and it can be more than you're prepared to deal with in a panic situation.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 04-21-2003, 01:43 PM

this is very serious, i read about a couple other coupes on freshalloy with the same problem. it should definetly be reported to inifinti immediately. make sure u follow up with and keep us posted.

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe problems!!!!