G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I feel so stupid.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chatt350gt
Yeah I'm pretty sure someone will buy them..especially since they are painted...good luck getting that stuff done..maybe you can find someone selling your color hood..or check junk yards..ill help you out..unless its cheaper for you to fix the hood damage..and I hope to see you around brainerd soon..
fixing the damage on the hood, buying a new rear bumper, and painting the front back bumpers and hood is going to total at 600 dollars so it's not that bad. I am still deciding if I want to do something with the rear bumper when they paint it. side skirts i'm just going straight oem style. front I don't know. I want a functional carbon front spoiler for it. but I might not even do that.

btw I'm in brainerd everyday. I work on brainerd road next door to food lion in the pps orthotic and prosthetic building.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
zeadlots (Adam) here in Calgary has full Veilside on his IP:

https://g35driver.com/forums/garage/...-zeadlots.html

Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by DogStar
V12 Evos in the rear? Those are not cheap. I picked up a small blade and they were able to just repair mine under warranty fortunately but damn if they're not covered that sucks.
bought bfg gforce kdw2's for the back to replace. I was not really happy with the v12 evos. I had them on my camaro and didn't like them then. I put bfg geforce kdw's on it and I was happy.

these were down to the wear markers already anyways. not a real loss if you get down to it. just meant I didn't have a month to spend finding some wheels and tires to get at the same time.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
zeadlots (Adam) here in Calgary has full Veilside on his IP:

https://g35driver.com/forums/garage/...-zeadlots.html

wow. aside from front bumper and color me and him might as well have the same car. mine is a 6speed that had every option with bose stereo and no nav

Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
maybe i missed something along the way but why do you need a new rear bumper??
and where are you getting all this stuff done for $600?????

oh ok cool well then im positive ill see your car atleast lol ill stalker drive-by tomorrow to see the car in person lol

Old 04-19-2011, 10:57 PM
maybe i missed something along the way but why do you need a new rear bumper??
and where are you getting all this stuff done for $600?????

oh ok cool well then im positive ill see your car atleast lol ill stalker drive-by tomorrow to see the car in person lol
don't need it. but it's really cheap for an oem one even from infiniti. it looks cheaper to just get another one than fix the one on it for turning it to oem look.

the place doing it is "candy executive" in middle valley. they did the work on our porsche 911 and matched lead black paint and fixed multiple rust spots for only 1100 dollars. they are really cheap and do really good work. they powder coat wheels for 110 a piece.

(i'm not endorsing them I just have good experiences with them and know they do good work. especially for the money. )

you'll see me if you're in brainerd and go by there. I park in the food lion parking lot because I go in the side entrance to the office.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:34 PM
not being a smart *** or anything but dont you just have to remove the rear lip from the back bumper to return it to stock instead of going through the trouble of buying a new one??

and thats cool..never heard of it but i might have to check them out...

ill stop by tomorrow if your still there.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:24 AM
i know you're not. the previous owner molded it into the bumper and it will take sanding to make the bumper work for oem look again. buying another bumper cost 90 dollars.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:26 AM
oh yeah if you stop by and see my car just come to the front and tell you wanted to talk to jimmy. They'll call for me and I can come out and talk. I'm probably just going to be finishing up some work on a website so I should be open to come talk.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Oh man that sucks..well atleast you can get that bumper cheap..you getting all that work done soon? I probably work overtime today so we'll see if I can stop by..hopefully this weather kills over.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh man that sucks..well atleast you can get that bumper cheap..you getting all that work done soon? I probably work overtime today so we'll see if I can stop by..hopefully this weather kills over.
if I'm as busy as I think I will be next week it will within the next month. I'm not in a real hurry for it. I need some new rotors too so I have a few things I need to spend a lot of money on. I am hoping that I'll have enough to do the body work soon though. I would really like to have it back to stock or close to it on the body. I've got a lot I want to do with it, but not so unlimited funds for it.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Oh ok..just curious how much you paid for the g35 if you have to do so much to it? I know how it feels..Id like to do a ton to mine too but with the way work is right now I won't be able to as soon as I wanted...ill be getting wheels/suspension within the next month so ill be happy..right now its stock with just a debadge on the rear and I painted my grill flat black leaving the emblem chrome. Id really like to get a new front bumper(nismo) and new sides. I only bought mine last year though

Old 04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Oh ok..just curious how much you paid for the g35 if you have to do so much to it? I know how it feels..Id like to do a ton to mine too but with the way work is right now I won't be able to as soon as I wanted...ill be getting wheels/suspension within the next month so ill be happy..right now its stock with just a debadge on the rear and I painted my grill flat black leaving the emblem chrome. Id really like to get a new front bumper(nismo) and new sides. I only bought mine last year though
I paid 11k for it. It's not really that much it needs. the body work isn't a need really just my opinion on it. the hood would be the only need on the body work. the rotors still have some life to them but they got a bit of a ridge to them so they need to be changed soon. aside from those really there's nothing wrong with it. I got an alignment when I bought it but that was just because it was barely off and made a bit of noise on the highway over 70. I also made a change on the exhaust right after I got it and added an x-pipe to the exhaust. again just something I personally wanted to quiet it down.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:01 PM
That's a good price if it all seems to run well..how many miles? Did you get a shop to make u an x pipe? What exhaust do you have? I wanna hear it lol you going to lower it? Cause I'm doing mine within the next few weeks..

Old 04-20-2011, 01:18 PM
That's a good price if it all seems to run well..how many miles? Did you get a shop to make u an x pipe? What exhaust do you have? I wanna hear it lol you going to lower it? Cause I'm doing mine within the next few weeks..
126k when I got it. it's at 129k already because my work picked up right after buying it. the motor has less miles on it as it was replaced under warranty.

rodney at the maximuffler in soddy daisy made the x-pipe. charged 80 dollars installed for me. 4th exhaust he's done at least something for in the past 3 years. still thinking about getting him to redo it completely for me. the exhaust it had on it when I got it was the Injen dual system with no crossover. Adding an x-pipe to it made a world of difference.

I want to lower it, but there's many things that come first for me on it. it probably won't happen anytime soon if it does.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I feel so stupid.