G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I feel so stupid.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
That's not a bad deal. I've had custom exhausts made at maximuffler in east ridge on my old eclipse..they do good work for a good price..if you lower it you getting springs or coilovers?..I'm doing the work myself on mine..gets somewhat pricey to lower to g35 depending on the route you go..so doing it yourself can save you a few hundred..

Old 04-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chatt350gt
That's not a bad deal. I've had custom exhausts made at maximuffler in east ridge on my old eclipse..they do good work for a good price..if you lower it you getting springs or coilovers?..I'm doing the work myself on mine..gets somewhat pricey to lower to g35 depending on the route you go..so doing it yourself can save you a few hundred..
I'm doing coilovers if I do it. I'm doing the work myself aside from alignment. It's just still going to be 1200+ to lower it with coilovers.

if you like the east ridge location of maxmuffler you'll really like the soddy daisy one. Rodney up there will cut you a good deal on anything if he likes you. If he doesn't don't expect much. He did an exhaust on my trd supercharged camry(270hp camry sleeper), 92 camaro z28, 94 camaro z28( 3inch duals with x-pipe dumped at axle) my jetta tdi(450ft/lb 1.9l turbo diesel fully built motor with stage3+ racing clutch). So, he's done a bunch of them for me. my tdi the whole exhaust was only 190 dollars for turbo back.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:56 PM
didn't see you come by yesterday.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Man you've. Had your share of moded cars lol..yeah decent coilovers go for $1k to $1.4k then you'll have to get camber kits which will run you around $600..then your alignment ofcourse..so its a good 2k to lower it right.. that's y I'm doing it myself.. have you done it before? Yeah I didn't come by cause I worked later than usual and I had to setup arrangments for my brother to fly out here from ny this weekend..then had to check out this mazda mx6 my gf' brothers girl bought.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Man you've. Had your share of moded cars lol..yeah decent coilovers go for $1k to $1.4k then you'll have to get camber kits which will run you around $600..then your alignment ofcourse..so its a good 2k to lower it right.. that's y I'm doing it myself.. have you done it before? Yeah I didn't come by cause I worked later than usual and I had to setup arrangments for my brother to fly out here from ny this weekend..then had to check out this mazda mx6 my gf' brothers girl bought.
it's cool. I was working late yesterday getting everything ready for setting up 4 new offices. I ordered a little over 3k in network hardware and configured a new watchguard appliance.

I've installed coilovers before, but I always work with my uncle on cars. I did everything aside from install the new turbo on my tdi myself including rebuilding the motor completely, but I always just work with my uncle on the cars. I did look at what it would take on installing new coilovers on the g35 and it actually looks like a pretty easy car to do it on. I can't tell if you need to compress the new coilover to get it in though. I just don't see where it would be too hard on this car. Coilovers on a trd camry is a pita. eibach struts on a jetta is a pita too. Camaro is extremely easy. I won't be doing it anytime soon though. Don't have enough extra money to do it right now.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting you say trd camry. I used to be a frequent member on SG and Toyota Nation with my TRD Solara (my previous car before this).
I remember when I lowered that car I had to gut the rear interior just to access the rear struts. Good times, I miss that car time to time.
Old picture:
Name:  Canon001-5-2.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  210.2 KB

Anyways back on topic, good luck with your hunt!

Old 04-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by TofuProductions
Interesting you say trd camry. I used to be a frequent member on SG and Toyota Nation with my TRD Solara (my previous car before this).
I remember when I lowered that car I had to gut the rear interior just to access the rear struts. Good times, I miss that car time to time.
Old picture:

Anyways back on topic, good luck with your hunt!
yours looks a lot better than mine did. mine was a grey 4door with 17inch grey cheap wheels that looked like they could be stock. I was lowered 1.4 inches and had the trd supercharger with larger pulley. the exhaust was custom 2.5 inch with magnaflow muffler that was quiet aside from when I floored it. was fun, but got boring. I never got on the toyota nation forum or anything. I kinda just went on my own with everything on it.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Nice. When I purchased the car it came with the trd s/c and I went to i believe 5.5 psi running walbro fuel pump and upgraded injectors along with custom maf and then the cpe tunable intake and trd sways and the greddy evo catback. I had mine lowered on tein stechs with tokico struts and it rode great until my strut mounts started to wear out. Then my cat rusted out so I went straight pipe. .. ah memories...

Good to see a fellow toyota owner on the boards though. Happy modding! Keep us updated on your progress.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Its cool man my works getting busy too..finally...I've just worked on mine on my own..I work on my buddys 2g eclipse gst tho..installed his evo turbo and fmic and so on..I just trust myself more than a mechanic lol
Yeah suspension installs on this car are super easy..hardest part sometimes are getting the bolts loose haha

Btw tofus the man haha he seems to appear in every thread I'm in..lol

Old 04-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Its cool man my works getting busy too..finally...I've just worked on mine on my own..I work on my buddys 2g eclipse gst tho..installed his evo turbo and fmic and so on..I just trust myself more than a mechanic lol
Yeah suspension installs on this car are super easy..hardest part sometimes are getting the bolts loose haha

Btw tofus the man haha he seems to appear in every thread I'm in..lol
That's what I get for being bored off my butt at work in the AM.

Suspension I agree is easy to do on our cars, I ran into some minor issues when doing the fronts but all in all, it is pretty easy. Almost as easy as doing a honda's suspension.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[QUOTE=wtfjim;5823408]I'm actually thinking something functional and carbon if I can get it.[/QU

veilside carbon front and rear lips...

Attached Thumbnails I feel so stupid.-car-photos-002.jpg   I feel so stupid.-car-photos-008.jpg   I feel so stupid.-car-photos-014.jpg