G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

need some wheel advice...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am kinda in the same boat with hawk...i love the vossen cv3's but i dont know too much about drops. I want the 20" CV-3's but i dont know what size of drop to do. i want people to notice it being dropped but not to the point where i am scraping everywhere i go. i dont want to roll my fenders either. and i honestly dont know which tires would be best either. if someone could give me some set ups it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Perry123
i am kinda in the same boat with hawk...i love the vossen cv3's but i dont know too much about drops. I want the 20" CV-3's but i dont know what size of drop to do. i want people to notice it being dropped but not to the point where i am scraping everywhere i go. i dont want to roll my fenders either. and i honestly dont know which tires would be best either. if someone could give me some set ups it would be greatly appreciated.
As far as drop, that's why almost everyone who has gone coils recommends coils. Ability to set your perfect drop as well as adjust stiffness.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
@deemo-

that's a sick ride. are those 19s? if so, i might just get new rubber.

@tian-
i must say, your ride has been pretty inspirational. i watch that video of it at least once a week. your wheel/tire specs would be great. are you running the standard 25 offsets? or did you get custom ones? and i assume your fenders are rolled...duh. i'm not looking to drop that far, i'm going probably for an inch or less. i live in indiana and the roads here are the suck. and i like to take some road trips too, so ride comfort is pretty important to me.

i've been looking at the eibach pro kit. they are progressive springs that are softer than the OEM initially, then get stiffer than OEM. so i'm thinking the ride quality would be decent. also, would i need better shocks since the springs are softer initially?

haven't done much homework on coilovers. if i weren't dropping very much, would i be able to have a decent ride? or would they be a waste of money if i'm looking for a 1" or less drop?

thanks for all the replies and i greatly appreciate the input and advice.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
Yeah they are 19s. . .

Old 06-06-2011, 03:23 PM
if i am paying the money for vossens i dont think i could find the money for coils...i would just want to do springs but another g owner said to get the perfect drop for 20's. would anyone know what that would be? i dont want to have to tuck the wheels or roll the fenders...i just want it to look smooth

Old 03-11-2013, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=XiN;5880463]Hey thanks for the compliments. And I can understand that not everyone can afford WORK wheels. We all have a budget. And I'm just running regular flat clear corners with 6K LED 194 bulbs for the lights. I have no clue what brand they are since a friend of mine sold them to me.

Okay, going back to your original question about wheels. If you don't want to sacrifice ride quality, then stick to 19's if you want to go aftermarket wheels. Concept 1 Wheels have some designs at a decent price, you could check them out. I haven't really looked at their wheels to know what diameters that they offer or what offsets, but I do know that they will be around your 2k budget, if not a little bit cheaper. They even offer a wheel that look damn near identical to my WORK wheels. Here's a link to their page.

http://www.conceptonewheelsusa.com/

If you want to run semi-flush, then you should look for offsets similar to mine, in the mid to high teens. I'm running +15 all around, 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 widths, front and rear respectively. It is nowhere near hellaflush, but the specs are perfect for a daily driven car. You will have have to roll your rear fenders with this set up, if you lower your car.

I saw that you mentioned that you liked the OEM Rays, which to me, are one a pretty damn decent looking OEM wheel. Another option you have if you decide to keep those is to space them out by running wheel spacers. Kevin Hahn, one of my favorite OEM style looking G's, is running that set up on his car. Here is a picture:

(Nismo front, OEM Rays, lowered, clear corners)
k-hahn.jpg?t=1305771382

I think he's running a 20mm spacer in the front and a 25mm spacer in the back. You will have to roll your rear fenders with this set up as well, if you decide to drop.

Now, if you want a subtle drop, then your best bet would be is to look at springs. I would research the Eibach pro kit or the Tein S-Techs. They offer both a 350Z and G35 fitment. Remember that the 350Z spring kits will sit lower then the G35 application. If you're looking for a subtle drop, then consider the Tein S-Tech for G35 application, or you can look at the 350Z Tein H-Tech, since the H-Techs sit a bit higher then the G35 H-Tech application. It is the same with the Eibach pro kit, but I'm not too sure how big of a difference the 350Z and G35 kits are since I haven't been able to compare in person like the Teins.

I hope this information helps you in your quest.[/QUOTE
Ok, I am gonna try this again, I have been unable to get any help on here. Or on the MS Gulf Coast. I have 03 g coupe on 20 by 9.5 on rear w what looks like 3/4 inch spacer and 20 by 8.5 front no spacer w rolled fenders all around- just got Nitto Invos 285 30 rear 245 fronts- car is lowered springs coil overs -have no idea what I am supposed to be running or what is best-tires went on yest and passenger was hitting fender tore tire up and they are gonna replace and raise car bout 1/2 inch. Have bad wheel bearing on that side so is that reason it rubbed? Desperately need help! Wanted 285 instead of original 275 cause don't like rim edge exposed. Help me get my car right please. Gonna try post pics i took while car was on lift