G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

one side lower than other?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ +1

the gas tank is on the passenger side, so it add weight when you fill it up, and will lose a lot of weight when its empty

Old 05-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my tank is always full, never goes down the 3/4 mark.. but still uneven =[

Old 05-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
had that problem on stock 06x.
On 350z springs
on eibach prokit.
Now on BC coilovers, Both rear slammed, coils maxed out. and driver side sits lower.
I feel like car was built on a slant. lol
Lmfao at ppl making up stuff.
Thats just how they built the car. Fill ur gas tank up, it comes down a little bit.
LMFAO at you giving advice when you couldn't figure out what was really wrong with your own car without switching suspensions!

My buddy had a similar issue when he dropped his coupe. I told him it was a bolt somewhere, he didn't believe me, pursued all sorts of other fixes like new a arms, etc... and it turns out something wasn't bolted in correctly.

The first thing you should have learned when you learned to work on cars is if it didn't go back together right, take it apart and put it back together again because you messed up somewhere.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
LMFAO at you giving advice when you couldn't figure out what was really wrong with your own car without switching suspensions!

My buddy had a similar issue when he dropped his coupe. I told him it was a bolt somewhere, he didn't believe me, pursued all sorts of other fixes like new a arms, etc... and it turns out something wasn't bolted in correctly.

The first thing you should have learned when you learned to work on cars is if it didn't go back together right, take it apart and put it back together again because you messed up somewhere.
describe me this bolt LOL

dude i ripped out my entire suspension and put it back.
Forget all that.
I have 0 parts from stock suspension, Im on coilovers. No stock shocks, springs, no spring mount nothing. And car still sits the same.
So you giving its a bolt somewhere is as useful as snake oil.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:29 PM
maybe they have the bolt on http://www.kalecoauto.com/ ? lol

Old 05-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Unfortunatly a lot of cars are like that. I know that mine would sit higher on one side if it wasnt on completely level ground. It's not a loose bolt in the rear suspension, none of the bolts will affect the ride height by being loose. If it looks good front/rear on the side thats lower I would cut the spring perch on the higher side to match. I would also double check (again) that it's all seated properly before cutting it.
Thats the main reason I went with coilovers, so I can adjust each corner to match.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts

describe me this bolt LOL

dude i ripped out my entire suspension and put it back.
Forget all that.
I have 0 parts from stock suspension, Im on coilovers. No stock shocks, springs, no spring mount nothing. And car still sits the same.
The "bolt" is one of the many bolts down there. For me to point out which one exactly, I would need to be the one wrenching on your car. These cars were engineered, not just thrown together. Your car has no reason to sit with one side higher than the other unless something is wrong with it.

If your car wasn't like that before you lowered you it, then you installed something wrong. If you went back to reinstall everything and it still ended up like that, you really need some help with it because you're still installing something incorrectly.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I took it out to see if the springs were seated correctly then i put itback in again. Its driving me nuts that the stance is handicapped lol

Old 05-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
I doubt it would change anything, but maybe try swapping springs from side to side. If it carries over to the other side then you know it's the spring, if not then it's either the spring perch or just the car itself.
When I put my coil-overs on I measured the OEM strut assembly then set my new ones up to match (same measurment on both sides) My front Passenger side sits about 1/4" - 3/8th" lower...well until I corrected it .

Old 05-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts

Hey, Snake oil is an ancient remedy that soothes inflammation and arthritis.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Good idea... Maybe ill try swapping it out to the other side and see

Old 05-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Wait are you guys seriously that perplexed? Most of you have been around awhile, it has came up many times that this is a common problem when just doing springs, spring mount mod is the normal fix.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by dofu
The "bolt" is one of the many bolts down there. For me to point out which one exactly, I would need to be the one wrenching on your car. These cars were engineered, not just thrown together. Your car has no reason to sit with one side higher than the other unless something is wrong with it.

If your car wasn't like that before you lowered you it, then you installed something wrong. If you went back to reinstall everything and it still ended up like that, you really need some help with it because you're still installing something incorrectly.
Im sorry but u sound like u dont know **** about this cars suspension.
1 Bolt that holds the bucket for the spring.
1 bolt that holds the strut from bottom
3 nuts on top holds the strut in place...

Originally Posted by 4DGS
Hey, Snake oil is an ancient remedy that soothes inflammation and arthritis.
Im finding that bolt and putting snake oil on it then.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I have the same issue with my coupe. Now i also notice that my car is squaking when i bounce the rear of the car. Could bushings be causing this ?

fstasfk_G, let me know if you end up swapping the springs.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM
I parked my car on slightly uneven surface today and look at the difference. There's def. something wrong. It is not as bad if the surface is 100% even.

Attached Thumbnails one side lower than other?-2011-06-15_17-22-43_912.jpg   one side lower than other?-2011-06-15_17-22-53_261.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: one side lower than other?