G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

A delivery van, a G35, and a semi merge onto a freeway.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Condition
Well look on the bright side at least your car will still live. You need to buff your car too after it gets fixed though. Lots of swirls can be seen in the last pic lol.
Yeah it's got a lot. It was like that when I bought it. I polished and waxed it a few weeks back, but here in Yuma the wind and sand are no joke. I garage it everyday, but I still have to go to work so there is no avoiding it.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by Condition
Well look on the bright side at least your car will still live. You need to buff your car too after it gets fixed though. Lots of swirls can be seen in the last pic lol.
I'm also using this as a prime opportunity to repaint the whole car so there wont be any swirls after the repair is done.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by Affalterbach
dibs on wheels
You can have the wheels if it gets totaled for reals. I'll even charge you a whole $0 dollars since you're from SD (assuming thats San Diego and not the Dakota). In the meantime I'll hang on to them...my car kinda needs them.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
San Diego, and I doubt it'll get totaled for a simple side panel that can be unwelded and have a new one put on. Working at a car dealership with a giant body shop has opened my eyes as to what really happens when you drop off your car with damage like yours or similar in other panels. I see cars daily getting literally hacked to get new panels put on or a new roof. Crazy. I should start taking pictures. I've seen a whole rear of a ford escape cut off and new one put on and a Accord with the whole rear right of the body cut off and re welded Yours doesn't look that bad.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by Affalterbach
San Diego, and I doubt it'll get totaled for a simple side panel that can be unwelded and have a new one put on. Working at a car dealership with a giant body shop has opened my eyes as to what really happens when you drop off your car with damage like yours or similar in other panels. I see cars daily getting literally hacked to get new panels put on or a new roof. Crazy. I should start taking pictures. I've seen a whole rear of a ford escape cut off and new one put on and a Accord with the whole rear right of the body cut off and re welded Yours doesn't look that bad.
Oh i know man. I was saying in the rare unlikely event I get into a real accident and it gets totaled, the wheels are yours. I have a friend that owns a body shop, so he is going to take care of the car, repaint the whole car (this is more for me since when I bought it it had some nicks and swirls), etc. I'm not sure what he is going to do to fix it. Its worse than it looks in the pics. Honestly I'm not concerned. Insurance is paying for it, my friend does awesome work, and in the meantime I'm driving my boy's 2011 BMW 535i.

It could've been sooooooooo much worse. The semi driver really did his part. It was his trailer that grazed me. He managed to avoid a full on rear end and avoided hitting another car. Luckily we were only going about 45-50 so no one locked their brakes and lost control. Hell even the guy that stopped instead of merging avoided being hit ( i really don't know how) and got away.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for that mate, glad ur safe

Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliBrownBear
I like the stock rims, I'm just not sure on which exhaust I want....well really what mods I want to do in general.
Sorry to see your coupe crunched, that hurts me and it's not even my ride! Exhaust system, go with the best MotorDyne! Best quality, sound and HP increase of any system on the market!
Gary

Old 05-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
damn that sucks sorry bro at least the rims didnt get hit

Old 05-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
oh man, that is just aweful and painful to see. i'm glad you're ok!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
damn that sucks bro. pm me if you legit wanna sell your wheels, ill take em lol

Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
that sucks dude! Hope you get it fix soon and getting running again.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Well the estimate to repair the car is $3500. Of course that doesn't include the hidden cost they will surely find. Hopefully its not in the shop too long, but I'm expecting a couple weeks. I'll be dropping it off on Wednesday. At least when I get it back it will have new paint all around, all the small nicks and door dings from the previous owner will be gone. It will be a new car again. Ill see if I can get the shop to take progress pics of the repairs and paint.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliBrownBear
Well the estimate to repair the car is $3500. Of course that doesn't include the hidden cost they will surely find. Hopefully its not in the shop too long, but I'm expecting a couple weeks. I'll be dropping it off on Wednesday. At least when I get it back it will have new paint all around, all the small nicks and door dings from the previous owner will be gone. It will be a new car again. Ill see if I can get the shop to take progress pics of the repairs and paint.
I don't think they paint the whole care it's just going to be that back side panel...maybe wrong but it depends on the shop too.. 3500 just sounds like a small amount to fix that n paint the whole car as well

Old 05-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by oc1959
I don't think they paint the whole care it's just going to be that back side panel...maybe wrong but it depends on the shop too.. 3500 just sounds like a small amount to fix that n paint the whole car as well
The guy that owns the shop is a friend and I'm paying the difference, so yeah they're painting the whole car. The fact that half is getting painted due to damage (whole left side, front and rear bumper, and trunk) it makes sense and is cheaper for me to have him do the rest.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Sucks man good luck with repairs!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A delivery van, a G35, and a semi merge onto a freeway.....