G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

HKS Rep Installed Yesterday..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
HKS Rep Installed Yesterday..

Installed the cheap *** HKS rep yesterday...

Had a shop do it...

Where can I get the tips ?? damn ugly tips...

So as a noobiieee.... I got: JWT Pop Charger + Ztube... Clear corners... and HKS Rep Exhaust... after this getting the car tinted + smoked Headlights and Tail lights...

Really want rims..have to save and then probably a drop..

Old 05-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice, hows it sound?

Old 05-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by dpl.ex07
nice, hows it sound?

I'll post a video ......

I like the sound...IMO there is definitely a drone but...it is ok with me...

Old 05-29-2011, 12:30 AM
wow those tips are god awful. i think md sells some good tips. did you buy the car with the skyline badging?

Old 05-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by BonBG35
wow those tips are god awful. i think md sells some good tips. did you buy the car with the skyline badging?
They are awful !!!

Noobie here who or where or what website is MD as I really need to purchase the tips?? LOL

Yup I go the car with the skyline badging...lot of people hate it but I like it and it give the car +500 HP gains.... LOL !!!

Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Old 05-29-2011, 05:07 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
MD or topspeed sell tips, or you can get some ones from wherever. Those tips are really ugly, haven't seen those on an x02 variant for quite a while...

Trending Topics

Old 05-29-2011, 11:38 AM
got it !!! thanks guys and will be getting those tips ASAP !!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
eBay also sells true titanium ones with burnt tips. That's what I have on my hks rep and I get compliments all the time. And I agree about the drone. But that doesn't bother me as much as the in-cabin noise. I will likely go back to stock with an aftermarket x pipe or something but too many car shows coming up and the big cans and pipes look so sexy :]

Old 05-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlesHubular
eBay also sells true titanium ones with burnt tips. That's what I have on my hks rep and I get compliments all the time. And I agree about the drone. But that doesn't bother me as much as the in-cabin noise. I will likely go back to stock with an aftermarket x pipe or something but too many car shows coming up and the big cans and pipes look so sexy :]
ive heard of you swap out the X pipe with a magnaflow 11386 it makes a diff difference.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Yup big difference 2 cans lol !! There is a thread here about the swap on the Xpipe with a magnaflow, needs cutting and some welding and there is even a pic. of where it has to go. I will go thru ebay and find a deal.

Originally Posted by Gdriver90
ive heard of you swap out the X pipe with a magnaflow 11386 it makes a diff difference.
+1 will do this pretty soon...

Old 05-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The only problem I had with a drone or an in-cabin noise was when I first had mine installed. I've had mine on for about a week and a half. It took a few days for my car to kind of adjust to the new exhaust, but the drone definitely reduced for me once it did.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
Link to tips?
Originally Posted by NATH_19
Yup big difference 2 cans lol !! There is a thread here about the swap on the Xpipe with a magnaflow, needs cutting and some welding and there is even a pic. of where it has to go. I will go thru ebay and find a deal.

i cant find that thread. can u post a link?

+1 will do this pretty soon...

Old 05-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
No tips....rip off!

Nath, you ordered the replica HKS and they didn't include the burnt tips? That's just wrong, when did tips become an extra? Maybe they forgot to include them, I'd definitely question the seller on this point. Nath, the only reason we had to add the Magnaflow x-pipe to our HKS exhaust is because of the poor quality crossover that restricted flow in the left bank. You probably don't need to spend another $200 (cost+install) on this replica!
Gary

Old 05-30-2011, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Nath, you ordered the replica HKS and they didn't include the burnt tips? That's just wrong, when did tips become an extra? Maybe they forgot to include them, I'd definitely question the seller on this point. Nath, the only reason we had to add the Magnaflow x-pipe to our HKS exhaust is because of the poor quality crossover that restricted flow in the left bank. You probably don't need to spend another $200 (cost+install) on this replica!
Gary
The burnt tip is included but its just hideous...lol !! I am gonna search around if I get a good priced on then ill change them....

I wont buy the magnaflow but If see someone selling it used for a good price then ill pick it up have it installed for like $50 bucks lol....

Are going to the Sta Barbara Meet ? Would like to meet all of you guys in person....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HKS Rep Installed Yesterday..