G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dome light / Door light not working!!! Help Me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dome light / Door light not working!!! Help Me

Ok so this is what happened a few min ago on my 2003 coupe, i knew i should have disconnected my battery but for
the sake of being lazy i didn't because i wanted to check every led as i put them in because i replaced everything with leds,

so im pretty much done i do the passengers door and i move on the the drivers and i couldn't get that bulb out with my hand what do i do..
i stick a screwdriver in a pry the bulb out, i seen a little spark. the speaker made a tiny noise, and now the dome lights and door lights don't work at all..

first off allot of people say it could be the BCM but normally when its that the power seats don't work correct? but in this case mine do.

i checked all the fuses on the left kick panel with a 12v test light and the only ones that don't light up are IGN10A heater/mirror and ST10A start/signal
but i pulled them out and they look good

im thinking maybe i burnt a wire, not to sure im going to look at it more in the morning,

has anyone had this issue or someone that knows what to do it will help allot

Last edited by infinitig35_6mt; 05-30-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:56 AM
This happened with a friends maxima before. I was changing all his bulbs to LEDs and then as I was changing the dome, I see a spark and then those lights stopped working (dome/map, door). I was checking the fuses and they seem to be good. He went to the shop and they told him that it was the fuse and fixed it for him. Try buying some new fuses and change them out. It should fix it.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:34 AM
It could still be the a BCM problem. I had this problem a few days ago and the seat controls would still work but not the dome lights.

I fixed it by removing the positive and negative wires from the car battery for a while.(I had a dead battery so I went to Autozone and replaced it with a new one).

This sort of resets the BCM so as soon as I installed the new battery, the dome lights issue was fixed.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Oh_Really
This happened with a friends maxima before. I was changing all his bulbs to LEDs and then as I was changing the dome, I see a spark and then those lights stopped working (dome/map, door). I was checking the fuses and they seem to be good. He went to the shop and they told him that it was the fuse and fixed it for him. Try buying some new fuses and change them out. It should fix it.

UPDATE id like to thank you, i did exactly that i picked up a full set of fuses and swapped them all out and
sure enough it works now, here's the odd thing i have tested every old fuse and looked at them and none of
them are burnt out. strange but at least my dome and door lights work now lesson learned!!!