G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pricing on a used '04 G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by agidley
Also, how much do PPIs usually run for, and is there anything specific I should ask the dealer to look for/check when doing a PPI?
Absolutely. They are about 150-200 bucks and worth every friggen penny when you don't know what to look for in a used car. Call your Infiniti dealer to schedule a time, and they can quote you a price.

The dealer should know to check all suspension bushing, specifically the transverse link and compression rod bushings; all the maintenance items for 60k have been performed; that the windows go up and down (motors die often); excessive tire feathering; repaints/accident evidence. They have a huge list of things they check when do a PPI, but those above are the big ticket items.

This in conjunction with an Autocheck will give you alot of peace of mind. They may find something wrong that will cost some $ to fix, and aide with bargaining and is not a deal breaker for purchasing the car.

Plan on spending a few hundred when you get it to fix compression rods/bushings on the front end and changing all the fluids if the previous owner hasn't already.

The following users liked this post:
agidley (06-11-2011)
Old 06-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AuAltima3.5
Absolutely. They are about 150-200 bucks and worth every friggen penny when you don't know what to look for in a used car. Call your Infiniti dealer to schedule a time, and they can quote you a price.

The dealer should know to check all suspension bushing, specifically the transverse link and compression rod bushings; all the maintenance items for 60k have been performed; that the windows go up and down (motors die often); excessive tire feathering; repaints/accident evidence. They have a huge list of things they check when do a PPI, but those above are the big ticket items.

This in conjunction with an Autocheck will give you alot of peace of mind. They may find something wrong that will cost some $ to fix, and aide with bargaining and is not a deal breaker for purchasing the car.

Plan on spending a few hundred when you get it to fix compression rods/bushings on the front end and changing all the fluids if the previous owner hasn't already.
Thanks man. I'm planning on asking him if he's changed fluids (which fluids are usually flushed by 60k? Transmission, clutch, differential? What else??) and if he's ever replaced the compression rod bushings. I keep hearing that that's a big thing- they tend to go bad a lot, so I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Is autocheck really that much better than CarFax? I have already seen the carfax for this car, and it all looks pretty clean.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:03 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Remember that services AutoCheck and CarFax offers are only aides in your shopping adventure - not all accidents are report to those companies, thus making them undependable.

Example, my Lexus SC was totaled in November 2009. Ran an AutoCheck on it several months ago out of curiosity (had an unlimited account to look into a few cars for a friend) and it came up as a clean title with no record of the accident. A second example is my G35, which was rear ended in August 2010 and the rear bumper, impact cushion, and support beam had to be replaced (teen clipped the corner of my bumper going 20 mph), yet there is no record of the accident either.

Don't get me wrong, CarFax and AutoCheck are good places to start; they're just not entirely reliable and trustworthy. Its best if you look over the car yourself (are any body panels misaligned? any paint peeling or orange peels? paint that is a different shade or texture from the rest of the car?) to decide for yourself whether repairs have been made. A worthy Infiniti tech conducting the PPI will usually see more devastating damage (ie. frame damage). And to wrap things up, bad things happen to good people, especially to us who baby our cars and treat them better than our own girlfriend. Just because it has been involved in an accident does not necessarily mean you should cross the car off your list; just ensure the accident was minor, and the parts and repairs done are of the highest quality and not some cheap MACO job.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by agidley
Where are you located and how much would you want for it? Also, pictures? PM me if you're serious about selling.
can you email me so i can send the pics randy0211@gmail.com and the car is dessert plat. and there is nothing that need to be done...there is NO aftermarket parts all from the deal...i am in nyc believe me you buy this car you would be happy for a very long time,

Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
just to help you out . . I got my 04 DG 6mt with 70k miles for 14k. Has everything except aero package.

The following users liked this post:
faiz23 (06-15-2011)