G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Navigation problem---Help plz!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GHETTOGRAMMA
^^^^^mines is the same way i have a 03 sedan i live in toronto any 1 know of a fix for dis problem any help would be great
Glad I'm not the only one.
Fix= move to Florida or Cali

Old 09-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by PsychoMus
Glad I'm not the only one.
Fix= move to Florida or Cali
thats not and option for man need dis fixed ill get lost

Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
took apart the dash and nothing was lose dont kno wat to do again

Old 09-21-2011, 02:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
On a slightly related note... When a cd/DVD plays a disk it uses magnets to lift the disk for spinning/reading purposes. With age and time these magnets can become faulty. When this happens you'll get a player that won't read disks (obviously) but more-so, you'll find that the player will not accept disks to even be inserted into the player because they cannot be "gripped" or "lifted" into place. In most cases this is immediately apparent when a disk cannot be inserted because as you stated.. It feels like a disk is already in the drive. While it's possible that the problem is elsewhere, I'd wager that you have a faulty dvd drive and that whole piece will need to be replaced. The exact same thing happened to my Stereo in my car. After so many years it just stopped taking cd's and as a result when I attempted to switch to the cd setting, everything shut down or appeared off. I can't guarantee this is your problem, but it sure as **** sounds like what happened to me a few years ago (different stereo model and different car). I'd start looking into a new DVD drive.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by TripleHBK
On a slightly related note... When a cd/DVD plays a disk it uses magnets to lift the disk for spinning/reading purposes. With age and time these magnets can become faulty. When this happens you'll get a player that won't read disks (obviously) but more-so, you'll find that the player will not accept disks to even be inserted into the player because they cannot be "gripped" or "lifted" into place. In most cases this is immediately apparent when a disk cannot be inserted because as you stated.. It feels like a disk is already in the drive. While it's possible that the problem is elsewhere, I'd wager that you have a faulty dvd drive and that whole piece will need to be replaced. The exact same thing happened to my Stereo in my car. After so many years it just stopped taking cd's and as a result when I attempted to switch to the cd setting, everything shut down or appeared off. I can't guarantee this is your problem, but it sure as **** sounds like what happened to me a few years ago (different stereo model and different car). I'd start looking into a new DVD drive.
no no my u dats something way diff dan wat im getting it has nun to do wit dat because the screen flickers wen i turn the key to start the car its jus not getting power enough to come

Old 10-05-2011, 04:22 PM
UPDATE ON THE NAVI (on wen weather is hot and off wen cold) navi off for the pass 5 day dis wat i did checked all the fuses and all waz fine but i found dey were ah little brown so i cleaned all so dey was really chrome again and bammm navi came on will let u kno if it works tomorrow

Old 10-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Ok I am back to my Navi problem.

Took the glove box apart and got to checking the connections behind the Navi. I have two bundles of wires that are not plugged in into anything. When I took a picture of the sockets in the back of the Navi, I've noticed that there are two of them. But my wire bundles are completely different than those sockets in the back.
Now I have a suspicion that the Navi that I got in my 06 G is from a different model.
Can anyone provide me with a picture or a diagram of the ports in the back from different years of G's.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Oh yeah dude, the connections are totally different. The nav systems were 2003-2005 and 2006-07 (coupes).
The harness connections at the back of the nav units are "M57, M58, & M204"

Look at the ports for these in the links below; in '06 M57 & M58 are long w/ 2 rows, in '05 they are shorter w/ 3 rows

Bottom of Page 46 (2006): http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coup...5_Coupe/av.pdf

Bottom of Page 54 (2005) http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2005/av.pdf

If you want to look at other years, check the "AV" sections: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/

Old 10-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Thank you Lost,

The connectors that I have are the ones shown on the page 54 for 2005. But is the diagram of m30 and m40 suppose to fit into m57 and m58 or what? So I have both sockets and harnesses from 2005...meaning I have a 2005 G?

Old 10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Premier Member

M39 and M40 are the connections at the back of the radio. Scroll up a few pages and it points out where the harness connections are located.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:51 PM
I believe I have pretty much confirmed it that the Navi in my car has been replaced b4...I hate when people do half fast jobs fixing things. That just means I have to spend more money getting it right again.
I would post pictures on here but I can't seem to get my photobucket to work.

LoSt180...is there any way I can send you pics by mail so you can tell if I am looking at the Navi connectors that are hanging right behind the Navi system?

Plus, can anyone direct me to the manual where I can get a diagram how to take the navi out?
Thank you in advance!

Old 10-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by muhtish
I believe I have pretty much confirmed it that the Navi in my car has been replaced b4...I hate when people do half fast jobs fixing things. That just means I have to spend more money getting it right again.
I would post pictures on here but I can't seem to get my photobucket to work.

LoSt180...is there any way I can send you pics by mail so you can tell if I am looking at the Navi connectors that are hanging right behind the Navi system?

Plus, can anyone direct me to the manual where I can get a diagram how to take the navi out?
Thank you in advance!
The links I've been posting for you are for the Factory Service Manuals, start with the "AV.pdf" (audio/visual) files and read the whole section on Nav, it should tell you what you're looking for. "idx.pdf" is your Index to find something specific if needed.

You're welcome to email me pictures and I'll see if I can help. Just add @gmail.com to my screen name.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:57 PM
e mail is sent

Old 10-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Premier Member

Got your pics. Definitively two different connectors.

It's my understanding that the Navi module is the same in various cars. So it might make it easier to find a replacement.

Here's the pictures you sent:

Back of Navi module:

Vehicle harness connectors:

Old 10-18-2011, 10:03 AM
navi

I have a 2005 G35X bought used, the navi comes up, the screen is black, then it goes back down, I took the car to the dealer, they charged me 90.00 just to tell me it does not work, Hell I knew that good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Navigation problem---Help plz!!