G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OMG! Got my coupe!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 06:48 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Non sport model and proud of it? May I ask why? Do you not enjoy Brembo brakes? Or maybe you hate the look of a 6 speed manual transmission? Seriously its one thing to order what you want, but if your so proud of it I'm sure plenty of us would love to know the reason why? By the way I don't mean to come off as harsh, congrats on your new baby and take care of her...Its a great feeling to own one of these bad boys, good luck with yours...

2005's do not come with brembo's! Congrat's ont he coupe

Old 12-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35Tuning said - "Non sport model and proud of it? May I ask why? Do you not enjoy Brembo brakes?"

You know Brembo brakes are not available on an '05, so why do you even ask this question?

"Or maybe you hate the look of a 6 speed manual transmission?"

He wanted an automatic transmission, big deal.

"Seriously its one thing to order what you want, but if your so proud of it I'm sure plenty of us would love to know the reason why?"

Not me, I just assume this is his way of saying he likes the Performance Tire and Wheel Package more than the new Sport Suspension Package which a lot of people seem to be getting on their '05's.

"By the way I don't mean to come off as harsh,"

It just seems strange to me that you would find his statement perplexing or irritating, I never saw it like that. I just saw it as a light-hearted way of saying he is not jumping on the band wagon by getting the new option and likes the old one.

Prolix

Old 12-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Prolix
G35Tuning said - "Non sport model and proud of it? May I ask why? Do you not enjoy Brembo brakes?"

You know Brembo brakes are not available on an '05, so why do you even ask this question?

"Or maybe you hate the look of a 6 speed manual transmission?"

He wanted an automatic transmission, big deal.

"Seriously its one thing to order what you want, but if your so proud of it I'm sure plenty of us would love to know the reason why?"

Not me, I just assume this is his way of saying he likes the Performance Tire and Wheel Package more than the new Sport Suspension Package which a lot of people seem to be getting on their '05's.

"By the way I don't mean to come off as harsh,"

It just seems strange to me that you would find his statement perplexing or irritating, I never saw it like that. I just saw it as a light-hearted way of saying he is not jumping on the band wagon by getting the new option and likes the old one.

Prolix
Yea umm if I was trying to be an *** I would have said so, I have no problem doing that...I was just trying to ask in my own way what turned you off from the non-sport package...I don't have an 05 sport package so I wouldn't know what they come with...And I realize the 05's don't come with Brembo's I didn't notice that he bought an 05 model...Sorry to "Switch" and sorry to all you others who took offense to something that wasn't direct towards you...By the way did I forget to mention in my orginal post that I didn't mean to be harsh...And congrats on the new ride? O yea i said that already...later and to "switch" only congrats bro, I wasn't tryin to be an ***...

Old 12-16-2004, 12:28 AM
hey, we got similar car!!!! But i have pearl white and has NAV. YEA, i got 18 inches wheel too. I found 19inch not necessary (yet).

Old 12-16-2004, 08:46 AM
__________________________________________________ _______________

"Non sport model and proud of it? May I ask why? Do you not enjoy Brembo brakes? Or maybe you hate the look of a 6 speed manual transmission? Seriously its one thing to order what you want, but if your so proud of it I'm sure plenty of us would love to know the reason why? By the way I don't mean to come off as harsh, congrats on your new baby and take care of her...Its a great feeling to own one of these bad boys, good luck with yours..."

There are many, many reasons why I did not choose the sport package and why I am proud of it. Here are just a few:

1. I think the new 19" wheels look like total crap. I think the old 18" wheels look a thousand times better. I wonder if the 18s weigh less too? I have felt this way since the original pictures were released a couple of months ago, and now that I have seen the 19s in person: ( )

2. I drove the 'sport model'. I felt very little improvement (compared to my car) in the "sport-tuned suspension". At least not enough to justify the extra $1,600. Besides, I am installing anti-sway bars anyway.

3. I've got 'limited slip' on my car, so thats a non-issue.

4. Aluminum pedals: Came standard on my car.

5. My steering wheel looks and feels better (in my opinion).

- - -

Regarding Auto vs Man . . .
This topic has already been beat to death, so why are you bring it up?

I live in a 'MAJOR' city where traffic can be thick at times, so an automatic just makes common sence for my situation. It's a personal preferance.

2005 Red on Wheat Automatic (NON-Sport model & Proud of it!)
Performance Tire & Wheel Package (18” Tires with 18” 7 spoke rims)
Sunroof
Splashguards
XM Radio
Trunk Mat

Aftermarket :
K&N Air Filter (installed)
Z-Tube (not yet)
Ultra-Shield (Invisible Bra) (installed)
Lanzar Vibe531 5 Channel 1600 watt amplifier (installed)
4 JL (VR650-CSi) Speakers (installed)
1 8” JL Subwoofer with Stealth 4080 (installed)
1 Radar Detector (installed)
Stillen Adjustable Anti-Sway-bars (not yet)

Aftermarket on order:
Borla Exhaust
G35 Skyline Emblems
Chrome OEM 18” Wheels ($500. + Exchange) – (LA Wheel and Tire)

Old 12-16-2004, 10:50 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Switch]__________________________________________________ _______________

"Non sport model and proud of it? May I ask why? Do you not enjoy Brembo brakes? Or maybe you hate the look of a 6 speed manual transmission? Seriously its one thing to order what you want, but if your so proud of it I'm sure plenty of us would love to know the reason why? By the way I don't mean to come off as harsh, congrats on your new baby and take care of her...Its a great feeling to own one of these bad boys, good luck with yours..."

There are many, many reasons why I did not choose the sport package and why I am proud of it. Here are just a few:

1. I think the new 19" wheels look like total crap. I think the old 18" wheels look a thousand times better. I wonder if the 18s weigh less too? I have felt this way since the original pictures were released a couple of months ago, and now that I have seen the 19s in person: ( )

2. I drove the 'sport model'. I felt very little improvement (compared to my car) in the "sport-tuned suspension". At least not enough to justify the extra $1,600. Besides, I am installing anti-sway bars anyway.

- - -

I live in a 'MAJOR' city where traffic can be thick at times, so an automatic just makes common sence for my situation. It's a personal preferance.

You made a great choice that was good for you, dont let others get to you lol, and the 19's actually weigh the same or even less, they are Ray's wheels (Volk's) and forged!!

Old 12-16-2004, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=iLLG35]
Originally Posted by Switch

- - -

You made a great choice that was good for you, dont let others get to you lol, and the 19's actually weigh the same or even less, they are Ray's wheels (Volk's) and forged!!
For the 4th time in this thread, I didn't mean to come off that way...I'm SORRY if it seemed that I was implying that manual is better then Auto because that was NOT my intention...Seriously though, Ive said 3 times that I made a mistake the way I worded my post...Exactly how many times am I going to have to say that...Anyways, for the record...CONGRATS on your "G" were all very lucky to own a special car like this, no matter what model we choose...Take good care of her, and happy motoring...

Old 12-16-2004, 02:44 PM
hahahhha Dom
give g35tuning a break guys. he didn't mean anything by it. geez -.-

Old 12-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Finally!!! Thank you Sammy...