G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Given a g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I think we need some pics (of the car)...

Old 07-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
OP before you go and sell it talk to your grandma she might get pissed if you sell her car.

But if she gave you the tittle and everything then I guess its good.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
yeah. keep it. you know it's be "grandma driven" and you know it hasn't had the odometer rolled back 3k miles......I KEED I KEED...

but in all seriousness, your grandmother will take offense, even if she says it was ok to sell it. i know it's hard to do, but put yourself in her shoes. she wants to give you something to make your life easier (believe me, no car payments makes life lots easier) and you turn around and sell it for something you just WANT....which may develop into a complete headache and/or car payments. if she wanted you to have 20 grand in cash she would have given it to you, but she probably wants you to make a smart and wise decision....or maybe she used the car in a drive-by.....

take the free NICE car, don't worry about a manual (it'll just cause you to "stunt" more) and spend your time learning and getting a good job.

besides, it's hard to text, tweet, update your status, cruise g35driver and drive, with a manual anyway...

Old 07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^keep it until you rack up some more miles on it... then if you still want a 6mt G that badly, you can trade it in. You can probably put thousands of miles on the car and it'll barely drop in value over the next few years. Probably end up getting a few grand less but well worth keeping it for a few years.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys .... I don't know I like the g35 better but I like the increase of power in the g37. I know it's ridiculous to get rid of any low mileage car that was given for free, but I know my self that 6mt option will bug me down the road I've already had 7 cars I need to be completely happy with it. I've owned my wrx for 7years and it's the longest I've ever kept a car it is great but not having a car payment sounds good.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:41 PM
The car is a 2 door by the way

Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by DGP-G35
You know it's funny how biased this thread is, I'd bet most (if not all) of the comments to get rid of it and get a 6mt are from young people that currently have a 6mt (obviously because you can only truly be cool if you drive a 6mt... as seen from previous threads on the topic). I'm sure had this question been asked back when, due to cost, these cars were out of reach for most of the younger crowd there would have been a far more balanced response.
Wow... Although I agree with the rest of what you said, this portion comes off as the most ignorant. As someone has mentioned, we are advising him to get a 6mt because if he's not happy with the 5AT, then it's gonna bug him constantly. Not because we are young people who think it's cool to drive a 6mt.

It wouldn't even matter if this question was asked back when, he has already stated his preference for a stick shift and that it's bugging him already. He's already skewed the results to side with 6mt.

The only real deciding factor here, as you have mentioned, is how his grandmother feels about it.

The following users liked this post:
GXXXV X (07-29-2011)
Old 07-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Simple life lesson.. it's an awesome gift.. don't make it any more complicated financially or emotionally.

There are far worse things in life than "settling" for a 5AT lol.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jake_91306
Wow... Although I agree with the rest of what you said, this portion comes off as the most ignorant. As someone has mentioned, we are advising him to get a 6mt because if he's not happy with the 5AT, then it's gonna bug him constantly. Not because we are young people who think it's cool to drive a 6mt.

It wouldn't even matter if this question was asked back when, he has already stated his preference for a stick shift and that it's bugging him already. He's already skewed the results to side with 6mt.

The only real deciding factor here, as you have mentioned, is how his grandmother feels about it.
Valid points and I respect your opinion but I look at it a bit differently...

If he was certain of his intended actions why did he even post to begin with.

To me the 'ignorant' suggestion would be to sell it just to get a 6mt.

I did not mean to imply that every single person that said 'get the 6mt' was young but I would bet that most are (as I stated). I feel that a more matured crowd would have responded with less bias and a bit more logic regarding the fact that his grandmother gave him the car. Had he purchased the car and just not been happy with it then I would agree to get what he wants, after all he is the one paying for it (this circumstance is obviously very different however).

I guess from my perspective (being a bit older) I look at it from a more matured and respectful aspect (regarding the car being such an incredible gift).

Jason

Old 07-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Baliztik
I've never seen a G37 go for around 20... are you saying he should put cash on top?
I bought my 2007 G35x (V36) sedan with 35k for $21000 including T&T...for a G37 i would think it would be at least $28,000 total

and yeah i think $20000 is out of the question for his 5at, i think the best he can get is probably max of $17

Wrxboy (08-06-2011)
Old 07-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
7 cars? And had one for 7 years? May I ask how old you are? Not implying anything, just trying to get more background.

TannerG (07-29-2011)
Old 08-06-2011, 04:09 AM
ill get pics up soon im slow on the computer. as far as cars go, i first had a 98 caviler, then traded it in for a 00 camaro. as i had the camaro i had a 73 Plymouth duster. traded in the camaro for a 03 is300. as i had the is i also had a 71 karman ghia. Traded in the is for a 05 wrx witch I'm driving now until sell it. i know i traded in a lexus for a subaru... i think it was a good trade. and now i have a g35 coupe parked in my grandmas house untill i sell the wrx or get a 6mt g35. the g35 is graphite, black interrior, no nav.auto has 19 inch Foose (dealer upgrade, my grandma wouldnt know a thing about buying aftermarket rims its how it came, they look heavy) low miles 2 oil changes only one scratch on the trunk. its nice but an auto, is it even worth putting upgrades on a auto transmission?... oh im aobut to turn 30 for who ever wants to konw

Old 08-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrxboy
ill get pics up soon im slow on the computer. as far as cars go, i first had a 98 caviler, then traded it in for a 00 camaro. as i had the camaro i had a 73 Plymouth duster. traded in the camaro for a 03 is300. as i had the is i also had a 71 karman ghia. Traded in the is for a 05 wrx witch I'm driving now until sell it. i know i traded in a lexus for a subaru... i think it was a good trade. and now i have a g35 coupe parked in my grandmas house untill i sell the wrx or get a 6mt g35. the g35 is graphite, black interrior, no nav.auto has 19 inch Foose (dealer upgrade, my grandma wouldnt know a thing about buying aftermarket rims its how it came, they look heavy) low miles 2 oil changes only one scratch on the trunk. its nice but an auto, is it even worth putting upgrades on a auto transmission?... oh im aobut to turn 30 for who ever wants to konw
Listen to me and save your self tons of money. Just slap a valve body upgrade and get some fresh fluids in the car, do some intake and exhaust mods along with suspension/brake upgrades. Enjoy the vehicle and not having to worry about any sort of payment or expenses from having a high mileage vehicle. WHen you get bored of the car return it back to your grandma or turn it into a project.

Wrxboy (08-06-2011)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would definately keep it. Think how Granny will feel when she finds out you sold her car? I'm sure she was proud that she had the ability to just give you a car. Be grateful for it and Mod the hell out of it. lol Unless you're going to race, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a AT. You can have a sweet looking, sounding, cool ride with the right Mods, even with the AT. Again, if you're not going to race it, why not just keep the incredible gift and just Mod it until you're happy with the project.

I love my G but my goal eventually is a BMW M6. I can't afford it right now but hopefully in the near future when the prices go down. Think of your dream car (realistically) and ride the AT for a few years until you're in a better position to get the car you REALLY want.

You practically have a brand new ride. Keep it, Mod it, and save your dough for a future ride.

Last edited by messinax; 08-06-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
Listen to me and save your self tons of money. Just slap a valve body upgrade and get some fresh fluids in the car, do some intake and exhaust mods along with suspension/brake upgrades. Enjoy the vehicle and not having to worry about any sort of payment or expenses from having a high mileage vehicle. WHen you get bored of the car return it back to your grandma or turn it into a project.
It's not really worth it, it's an auto. Plus dude is turning 30. Time to shift focus on the more important things.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Given a g35