G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Varrstoens and MDU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
oh, yeah....i forgot....because you have more disposable income (that's EXACTLY what it is in this case) you're better than me at everything, your car is better than mine, and your wiener is bigger too. if you spend an *** ton of money on your car so YOU think IT'S cool, understandable. if you spend an *** ton of money on your car so PEOPLE think YOU are cool....you missed the point.

i shouldn't even respond to this thread to keep it alive.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only reason i pay for these name brand parts because i am a cheap bastard who doesn't want to pay for the same thing twice, but **** still happens sometimes, that makes me wonder why the hell did i even go for name brand in the first place...then i realize, quality.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
Some people have more money than others. We can't all be rollin in the green. If you can afford the expensive things in life, then you should be thankful rather than bashing and hating on others.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Ehh, I don't think it's so much the dough you have, but what you decide to do with however little or much you have. Truth be told, there are a lot of people who spend a lot of $, and at the end of the day their car looks like **** lolz, while there is another who may have less $, but there car may look better since he was patient enough and smart enough to make good purchases.
Perfect example would be myself, only 21, car paid off, with excellent parts, because I knew what I wanted and had the drive and intelligence to acquire it

The following users liked this post:
Xet (08-12-2011)
Old 08-12-2011, 11:59 PM
^ what you said is too true man, but i guess its just not how everyone thinks since alot of the time the arugument about these things is usually about money.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Wellllll point is they all tryina make people like me feel like ****, while people like me admiring their ****, taking it one step at a time. Rich or poor or whatever, don't do that ****.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by JBF
I paid over $4k for my wheels and they're classy as ****.

A cheap knock-off is just that. I had them...would rock them again. But its the people that buy the shiit on impulse and expect people to appreciate a half-assed attempt of modding.
Yes, your $4000 rims are pretty awesome and yes, they're classy.

That, however, does not mean all $4000 rims are classy - let's face it, some of the rims I've seen that cost upwards of $5000+, I'd rather use as a toilet bowls. Nor does it mean $1000 rims are less classy than $4000. Having taste and getting something that looks good is completely different than having money and getting the best, most expensive thing available. Knock-offs don't necessarily mean they're BAD quality or even bad looking. They might not be as great as the Volks, Works, iForged, etc, but I haven't heard a single complaint about Varrstoens (except that one BS thread where the entire face separated from the lip), and I'm actually going to order some myself as a stepping stone to some Volks I want.

While I agree there are people who chose to half-*** mods in an effort to save time and money and that's something I SMH at, that's not what we're talking about here. I'm not saying there aren't knock-off brands that have a bad rep for being crap quality because there certainly are, but that's where people have to be careful and do research before committing.

And just to wrap, I'm guessing 99.9% of the people who are rocking body kits have REPLICAS and KNOCK-OFFS. By the reasoning of some of you here, we're all scrubs unless we have $3000 authentic CS/Nismo/whatever kits, right?

Old 08-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Haha, the more I think about how stupid this thread is the funnier it becomes.

I am sitting here thinking.....let me spend $1000.00 on BC Coils OR I can spend $2500.00 on Tein's which turn out to be total crap in most cases. So please bash me for buying BC Coils because they are not "prestigious" enough for your liking.....

To me, the car is a prized possession that I work long and hard for. As long as I wake out, go outside to my garage and love the car I see I could care **** less what you think even if I have total crap put on.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Why does everyone get so worked up on these threads? Who gives a f? Nobody is going to change their minds no matter what anyone says. Some people want to play the name brand and $$$ game, let them. Some people want to save money and buy cheaper options, fine. Just drop it and do whatever the hell you want to do.

The following 4 users liked this post by Xet:
Blue Dream (08-14-2011), Captain Supreme Sausage (08-13-2011), Illuminati (08-15-2011), SDGenius (08-13-2011)
Old 08-13-2011, 12:48 AM
^ finally.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In the end, regardless of whether you buy cheap or expensive items, you're putting $$$ into the fastest depreciating item you own (most likely). I'm guilty of it myself but that's why I'm trying not to go overboard; I'd rather buy practical, possibly value-increasing parts (Viper 5902, 06 projectors, tint, etc.)

Old 08-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Why does everyone get so worked up on these threads? Who gives a f? Nobody is going to change their minds no matter what anyone says. Some people want to play the name brand and $$$ game, let them. Some people want to save money and buy cheaper options, fine. Just drop it and do whatever the hell you want to do.
Fukin A....DONE!
Let's move on.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:09 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by xdEnbOyx
Yes, your $4000 rims are pretty awesome and yes, they're classy.

That, however, does not mean all $4000 rims are classy - let's face it, some of the rims I've seen that cost upwards of $5000+, I'd rather use as a toilet bowls. Nor does it mean $1000 rims are less classy than $4000. Having taste and getting something that looks good is completely different than having money and getting the best, most expensive thing available. Knock-offs don't necessarily mean they're BAD quality or even bad looking. They might not be as great as the Volks, Works, iForged, etc, but I haven't heard a single complaint about Varrstoens (except that one BS thread where the entire face separated from the lip), and I'm actually going to order some myself as a stepping stone to some Volks I want.

While I agree there are people who chose to half-*** mods in an effort to save time and money and that's something I SMH at, that's not what we're talking about here. I'm not saying there aren't knock-off brands that have a bad rep for being crap quality because there certainly are, but that's where people have to be careful and do research before committing.

And just to wrap, I'm guessing 99.9% of the people who are rocking body kits have REPLICAS and KNOCK-OFFS. By the reasoning of some of you here, we're all scrubs unless we have $3000 authentic CS/Nismo/whatever kits, right?
were you agreeing with me? Or making an attempt to contradict something I said?

The point I was trying to make was that there is a fine line between buying cheap stuff vs expensive stuff.

yes a lot of pricey shiit is ugly. and there are cheap things that look great.

But there is a LARGE part of the car modding community that does not mod their cars for their own desires. They'll desperately find the lowest price on the cheapest item and then expect people to be impressed by what they did.

I'm not saying everyone that is frugal with their modding has that mentality...but there are people that just want the attention.

Authentic body kits are getting harder and harder to come by...and...with replica companies making poly kits with better fitment than the authentic shiit, who wouldn't want to save money and have a better product?

With wheels and suspension parts, that is NOT the case. The cheaper something is, the bigger possibility that something will fail and either cause an accident or kill someone.

To reiterate...I would rock rep wheels again. I have NO shame in that. but I wouldn't stray much further than that. A cracked wheel can be handled better than a snapped knock-off control arm...

The following 2 users liked this post by JBF:
LuCanHang (08-13-2011), S 854 (08-13-2011)
Old 08-13-2011, 06:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think if you snap a control arm the tree or curb you hit to snap it is more of a problem that the control arm itself. And as for the knock off thingg i get what your saying but theres a time and a place to be cheap. I have volk GTC 20s but i need another set for the track do i buy volks for 4000 then tires or spend 1800 on varrstoens wrapped in new nitto drag radials? Hmmm im taking that 3k i save and bought a twin fuel pump, takata harness's a harness bar and i still got a Thousand bucks to rub all over my *****. Thank you knockoffs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Varrstoens and MDU