G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

destroyed my front lip last night, which should i get now?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Maybe you should get the same one!? It looks good on your car. Info on that carbon intake hole!!???!??! I am assuming that it is for your intake. Can you post pics of that? I think a Kuruma would look cool on your car too.
getting the same lip in carbon fiber again would be really hard...i looked and cant find it, plus the vendor i bought it from like 3-4 yrs ago i cant even remember. as for the vent, thats all for looks, no function, and yes before you guys say thats dumb or stupid...i know, but i liked the look of it and actually how it turned out....but again...this is a chance for me to change up things are maybe revamp the look...so please keep up the suggestions guys...i do lke the kuruma bumper, but i think most of the input here is right....the veil aprons are really hard to match a look with them....i think the kuruma bumper is hot, but idk with my current set up....

Old 08-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
You should really go to the OB threads. There is every combination of bumper/sides/wheels. That is how I figured out what I wanted. I like how aggressive your car looks. Bottom line is if you like it just keep it. I really like the way the little vent looks. I like your hood and your wheels. I am curious to see your rear bumper lip thing. It looks like it went really well with your old busted lip. Search for "post your ob" and "hottest ob coupe" Those threads are the mother load of ideas and pics.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:54 PM
By the way, if you get rid of that front vent, please sell it to me! I like it!

Old 08-19-2011, 06:55 PM
You should check out JookyShank's car.. it is pretty nice.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Now would be a perfect time to dump the lip and those funky veilside winglets! Get a Nismo front bumper and you can probably keep your OE sides. Damn I dislike those winglets, why does anyone like those....
Gary
gary thanks for the input, i really dont post much up here or reads threads for that matter, but the items that i have read, that you have posted in, seem to be well thought and insightful,,,,so thank you seriously for the info. as for the winglets....i get the idea....as for the nismo bumper, very good idea, but the thought of my oem sides kinda gives me the feeling that the car will be to front "heavy" so to speak. I mean, do i keep my hood, or goo back to oem with the nismo...most g's here that i have seen with that bumper have a stock hood. And at that, if i go oem with the hood, should i go without my spoilers?!?!? im really up in the air on this man. i will say this one thing, im really starting to love the look of a ob that i saw on here, that has no spoilers, with the straft trunk, i think its "aheroenterity" something like that.....but the look of his stance and smooth lines on his g are getting to me hard...really whats making me think of changing the whole look up.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Received 54 Likes on 53 Posts
get rid of the veilside kit then, either get kuruma z or inven front with impul sides. Then down the road.. look into getting a cs rear

Old 08-19-2011, 07:08 PM
You should really go to the OB threads. There is every combination of bumper/sides/wheels. That is how I figured out what I wanted. I like how aggressive your car looks. Bottom line is if you like it just keep it. I really like the way the little vent looks. I like your hood and your wheels. I am curious to see your rear bumper lip thing. It looks like it went really well with your old busted lip. Search for "post your ob" and "hottest ob coupe" Those threads are the mother load of ideas and pics.
the whole entire lip kit is actually a veilside lip kit. The front and rear were just wrapped in carbon fiber, thats the difficult part of it, cant find it. thanks for the info..doin that now,,

Old 08-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
That animal was an act of god....

Veilside has never made anything that looks good.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 239 Likes on 159 Posts
I can remake that front lip for you in matching carbonfiber if you want to return your car to the way it looks.

Let me kno.. Aside from that maybe try the Gialla Lip

-Eric

Old 08-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Could this be? Did Frankie finally get his Nismo front bumper?
Nope not yet!! Haha!!

Old 08-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
That animal was an act of god....

Veilside has never made anything that looks good.
gotcha....

Old 08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by CarBodyKits
I can remake that front lip for you in matching carbonfiber if you want to return your car to the way it looks.

Let me kno.. Aside from that maybe try the Gialla Lip

-Eric

hmmm, thks for the info man....would you be able to pm me a price....i was actually looking through you post on the marketplace...you guess pretty much have all the opinions....i was looking at what else you guys have that if i choose to switch up the look too as well....thanks seriously..

Old 08-19-2011, 07:58 PM
jus took a few minutes to look through the hottest ob thread....and i was wrong...its hotelcrazy's g that i am sweating....but i also liked deftronix and and another car on here that looks like his, that has my hood on it....put yeah....still reallll overwhelmed....

Old 08-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You can run anyone's hood with the Nismo bumper and since it doesn't hang down like my KurumaZ bumper I think you can get away with OE sides. I would seriously get rid of the veilside, I've seen other sides from them but those winglets were popular back in '03 when nothing else was available and they're fugly....
Gary

Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I agree, I never really liked the winglets on any G. The G is so smooth and sleek to have something protruding so loudly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: destroyed my front lip last night, which should i get now?!?