G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

B&M Short shifter installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B&M Short shifter installed!

All I have to say is if you have a 6 speed this is a MUST! Throw is significantly reduced, shift is much more precise and almost has a "shift gate" feel to it. Install is pretty straight forward if you have moderate technical ability, took me under an hour for complete install. No pics as you cannot tell it's there til you drive it!

Old 12-12-2004, 02:01 PM
DJM
I was also thinking about this mod. I have a couple of questions if you dont mind. How much and where did you end up getting the shifter? Also, were you able to use your stock gear shifter ****? Thanks alot, and if you could get some pics up, you'd be the man.....LOL

Old 12-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by DJM
I was also thinking about this mod. I have a couple of questions if you dont mind. How much and where did you end up getting the shifter? Also, were you able to use your stock gear shifter ****? Thanks alot, and if you could get some pics up, you'd be the man.....LOL
I got it off Ebay and stole it for $110 shipped! It utilized all the stock components including the shift ****. There is no point taking any pictures as it looks the same as it did before I started and the same as yours looks right now!

Old 12-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by roadracer516
All I have to say is if you have a 6 speed this is a MUST! Throw is significantly reduced, shift is much more precise and almost has a "shift gate" feel to it. Install is pretty straight forward if you have moderate technical ability, took me under an hour for complete install. No pics as you cannot tell it's there til you drive it!
Here is an important update on the B&M shifter! If you drive alot with no stereo, the gearbox makes much more noise than stock when driving hard. When cruising in the upper gears there is no noise, but hard on the gas in 1st, 2nde and 3rd will net alot of gearbox noise and shifter rattle. I am cool with it since I always have the stereo on and do not worry about that sort of thing when driving hard, just wanted anyone who might install because of my post to be aware of this!