G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

too old for this??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock

Over time howerever (and many many repairs) I realized I didn't actually like working on my car; I liked improving my car. So, now, my philosophy is that if you're always working on your car to fix it..get out. Get rid of it. If, however you're working on your car to improve it (hopefully with a goal in mind), you will never get tired of getting your hands dirty. It's a beautiful thing.
Ditto here

Old 04-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be 56 in July but I've had my G for three years and have no regrets. My first car was a 71' 240Z bought used when I was 16. Still like the looks of those Z's and about five years ago started looking for a similar model for sale that I could get for a project. There's actually still quite a few out on the west coast that appear to be well taken care of and the prices are more reasonable than anything available in the Midwest. I found a couple of early 70's Z's that I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on - one was a 2+2 model. Realized at that time that I didn't want a two seater anymore but hated the look of the 2+2 Z, and researched my way to the G35. I can't imagine feeling too old to drive this car. I'm aware that as time goes by, our cars begin to look dated but if we garage em and keep em clean, they still turn heads.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketdog
I'll be 56 in July but I've had my G for three years and have no regrets. My first car was a 71' 240Z bought used when I was 16. Still like the looks of those Z's and about five years ago started looking for a similar model for sale that I could get for a project. There's actually still quite a few out on the west coast that appear to be well taken care of and the prices are more reasonable than anything available in the Midwest. I found a couple of early 70's Z's that I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on - one was a 2+2 model. Realized at that time that I didn't want a two seater anymore but hated the look of the 2+2 Z, and researched my way to the G35. I can't imagine feeling too old to drive this car. I'm aware that as time goes by, our cars begin to look dated but if we garage em and keep em clean, they still turn heads.
Actually, I think the only Gs that look dated are the 03/4 sedans. But even those are easily updated. All the others still look like they could have come out today (IMO anyhow). I was getting an alignment the other day and they test drive the car after their work and I saw my car being driven down the street and just..just wow. Looks incredible.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
^well non -Nismo 03-04 sedans

Old 04-08-2016, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by thegreatkwijibo
^well non -Nismo 03-04 sedans
Those are actually the updates I meant; you're absolutely right.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Actually, I think the only Gs that look dated are the 03/4 sedans. But even those are easily updated. All the others still look like they could have come out today (IMO anyhow). I was getting an alignment the other day and they test drive the car after their work and I saw my car being driven down the street and just..just wow. Looks incredible.
I (and my wife) have always thought that the first gen sedans were much more "edgy" than the second gen. Second gen just looked like any other Japaneses sedan. I still get compliments on mine.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I (and my wife) have always thought that the first gen sedans were much more "edgy" than the second gen. Second gen just looked like any other Japaneses sedan. I still get compliments on mine.
I like them, just don't like the front bumper. In fact now that I think about it, the coupes original front bumper looks a little dated too, but the addition of an OEM lip fixes that.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
If anything actually having style will be what makes them look dated. New cars are boring.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,026 Likes on 943 Posts
New Lexus and Mazdas almost all look the same.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.