G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What to get done first?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really appreciate all the posts and helpful advice. As much as I would like to do everything myself and save a lot of money on labor, I unfortunately don't even have experience changing my oil. So when it comes to cars I don't really have any experience doing work on them.

I guess I will start calling around and getting my suspension fixed.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by moto_za
I really appreciate all the posts and helpful advice. As much as I would like to do everything myself and save a lot of money on labor, I unfortunately don't even have experience changing my oil. So when it comes to cars I don't really have any experience doing work on them.

When I was looking into changing my springs and shock, a local shop quoted me $350 to do all of that work. So you can see how your quote to replace one shock is outrageous. I decided to do it myself and with the help of a friend and saved myself enough money to buy a plenum spacer

Old 09-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Left Lower Transverse Link (broken)
How is it broken, and how did it happen?

Old 09-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by brandon1978
How is it broken, and how did it happen?
Not sure, that's what the dealer told me and the tech wrote that it's broken. Could it be due to aggressive driving ??

Old 09-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
When I was looking into changing my springs and shock, a local shop quoted me $350 to do all of that work. So you can see how your quote to replace one shock is outrageous. I decided to do it myself and with the help of a friend and saved myself enough money to buy a plenum spacer
That's nice , I'll have to ask a few buddies to see if they can help me out to save on the labor.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:47 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

g35driver and youtube are WONDERFUL teachers and many people will also tell you their horror stories so you will know what to look out for! my 350Z and my G35 have been my first cars i actually got my hands dirty with and im happy i did. a lot of things turn out to be quite easy and since people are so afraid of touching cars you will realize why others charge out the *** for such simple tasks. knowledge is not only power, its money

Im almost postive that you can do this...

Old 09-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm gonna say all the flushes and fluid changes! Then drive easy and go from there. Thats what I personally would do from personal experience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.