G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Classiest wheels....for 04 Silver Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Classiest wheels....for 04 Silver Coupe?

Hey everyone,

I've had my G since 2004 and its pretty much stock besides window tint. I've had it in Europe since I moved here in 04 as well. 150+mph runs on the autobahn in Germany were a daily ritual. Well, I'm thinking about getting some new wheels to replace my 18's that I currently have. I do have the brembos too. I've tried to do some searches, but I think I just need a little more direct input.

I'm looking for something that still gives the G that "distiguished look" without looking too ricey. My other concern is that I still push the G regularly so I'm worried about my everyday performance. If I lived in the states, it would't care as much cause you can't really push the car over 130+mph for 20 to 30 minute stretches at a time. But, here you can. So, if I did get an aftermarket wheel would it be much heavier than my stock 18's. I don't know how a 19inch or 20 would look in person, since I rarely see G's over here. Is the ride going to be much bumpier if I go with a bigger wheel. Can I just do a swap or do I have to add other things to get the wheels/tires to fit? I don't know much about wheels, offsets, and stuff like that so any help would be appreciated? But, for now...I guess I should just start with..."Which wheel would look best on my 04 Briliant Silver and still give it a classy look?"

Thanks for all your help,

Tony

Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/garage/...hamzafraj.html

I've got a set of Axis Matrix in 20's and I'm very pleased with ride quality. IMO They look as if they were made for our cars, looks very classy; it matches w brilliant silver and I get lots of compliments about them.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Having a silver coupe which is already bright the best looking wheels should be gun metal (gm) and I wouldn't go larger than 19" due to the weight. Being able to drive that fast without going to jail must be cool...I only wish!
What wheel you buy depends on your budget, anything Volk will serve you well and not come apart at speed! Good Luck!
Gary

Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Having a silver coupe which is already bright the best looking wheels should be gun metal (gm) and I wouldn't go larger than 19" due to the weight. Being able to drive that fast without going to jail must be cool...I only wish!
What wheel you buy depends on your budget, anything Volk will serve you well and not come apart at speed! Good Luck!
Gary
I agree ^^ Especially with the Volk statement. TE37s would be my first choice. In fact, I have a brilliant silver and am expecting my 19" ti gunmetal TEs any day now. I'll post pics once installed.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
Wait, your G does 150mph?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Originally Posted by jarvo
Wait, your G does 150mph?
He didn't say how long it takes him to get to that speed.. haha!! But yeah u can't go wrong with a nice 19" volk wheel.. I'm trying to get my hands on another set of volk gt-v I miss those wheels!!

Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Those Axis Matrix's look really nice...isn't there a version from Volk that looks similiar. A few years ago, I thought about some SF Challenge's, but now they look a bit small spoked to me. I haven't seen the TE37's, but I'll talk a look at them after this post. So on brilliant silver, is Gunmetal pretty much the consensus on wheel color?

Yes, the G can do 150+. I the fastest I've ever gone in my stock G was 157. After about 140 it takes a little more time, but it can get up to that speed pretty easily. When I lived in Germany from 04-09, the G could take just about anything on the road. If it wasn't a BMW M3, Audi S4/S5, Porsche, or any other exotic...it didn't stand a chance. The Germans figured since the car wasn't a German car, it must not be good. Typical mentality of the a lot of people there. And a lot of people that are driving BMWs, Audis, Volkswagens, Mercedes have the smaller 1.6 - 2.0 liter engines. I've only seen a few G35s on the road and they were other Americans. We were probably the only ones with a G in Europe at that time. Also, I think the roads are built a little better in Germany. When you have better roads, and people who know the rules of the road, driving fast is just a normal part of your lifestyle there. Sorry about the rambling, back to wheels. Thanks for the recommendations so far...any more suggestions?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by djhiro
Those Axis Matrix's look really nice...isn't there a version from Volk that looks similiar. A few years ago, I thought about some SF Challenge's, but now they look a bit small spoked to me. I haven't seen the TE37's, but I'll talk a look at them after this post. So on brilliant silver, is Gunmetal pretty much the consensus on wheel color?

Yes, the G can do 150+. I the fastest I've ever gone in my stock G was 157. After about 140 it takes a little more time, but it can get up to that speed pretty easily. When I lived in Germany from 04-09, the G could take just about anything on the road. If it wasn't a BMW M3, Audi S4/S5, Porsche, or any other exotic...it didn't stand a chance. The Germans figured since the car wasn't a German car, it must not be good. Typical mentality of the a lot of people there. And a lot of people that are driving BMWs, Audis, Volkswagens, Mercedes have the smaller 1.6 - 2.0 liter engines. I've only seen a few G35s on the road and they were other Americans. We were probably the only ones with a G in Europe at that time. Also, I think the roads are built a little better in Germany. When you have better roads, and people who know the rules of the road, driving fast is just a normal part of your lifestyle there. Sorry about the rambling, back to wheels. Thanks for the recommendations so far...any more suggestions?
TE37's on the G will look sweet

However, if you wanna light rims the Wedssports sa-55m are also a good choice

Old 09-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice where at in germany are you? i will be taking my G there in a lil over a year or so. Im pretty excited about it tho i was there in 07 and i never saw G's out there now i get to take mine, cant wait. where do you get work done to your car like regular maintenance? you do it yourself or take it to shops?

Old 09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Given that you mentioned classy I would look into a mesh style wheel. If you want to stick with a quality rim, my suggestion would be the Volk SF Winnings. A set of those in gunmetal would make your coupe look sweet! These are the Mercury Silver color so imagine them a little darker for the GM look. I must suck at searching, I just spent 20 minutes looking for a silver coupe with GM SF Winnings on the web and came up empty.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM
I was in Kaiserslautern. Its near Ramstein and about an hour away from Frankfurt. I moved from there to Turkey for a while. There was only one other G there and he was American. The turkish actually knew about Infiniti's, but in Turkey on the movie stars drive a Infiniti. It costs them 93K euros for a new g37S. That's $160k for new g37S. So, basically...you never saw them. I had my landlord do the maintenance after the warranty passed. Before that I took it to a nissan shop to to have oil changes and regular maintenance. But, till this day and 147,000 miles later. I've changed the clutch and one of the power window motors. That's it. But, now I'm in the UK. Everything is still running well though.

I know what you mean about the search. I try to search first, but I can't seem to find much. So sometimes, its more effective to just post a new post to find exactly what you want.

I'm really liking those gunmetal wedssports wheels. Looks really nice on the G from the pics!

When you say, mesh style wheel, you mentioned Volk SF Winnings...so would the BBS fit in the category as well?

Old 09-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
OEM rays ftw!

Old 09-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Work VS-XX. Classy and sporty.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Thread might as well be "What are your favorite rims?"

Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice i was in K town as well. im actaully getting ready to leave for turkey in about a month im not taking my g there tho. after incirlik turkey im heading back to germany and i cant wait to have my car out there. imma be in the spangdahlem area this time not to far away. im looking into those work vsxx wheels myself that or the volk sf challenge for me right now. do you think its worth me taking the G to turkey or no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Classiest wheels....for 04 Silver Coupe?