G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Decent mods... Not so decent hp increase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/6133791-post1.html

Heres an example of a nonrevup automatic dyno.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by slanteyez
https://g35driver.com/forums/6133791-post1.html

Heres an example of a nonrevup automatic dyno.
Dam! Wonder what all mods were involved?

Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
No offense, but the only mods you've done that I would actually expect a power increase from are the spacer and cats....so 12whp seems about right. I think the majority of people modding G's assume they make ALOT more power than the reality.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jhambor
No offense, but the only mods you've done that I would actually expect a power increase from are the spacer and cats....so 12whp seems about right. I think the majority of people modding G's assume they make ALOT more power than the reality.
I've seen a lot of people making that just off of the spacer alone. That's why I was curious.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
I wouldn't be that bummed. It is extremely hard for our cars and z's to hit a true 300whp, besides all the bs high reading dynos it has been shown that a good amount of engine work needs to be done to hit that n/a. So your power without tune seems pretty accurate and good.

Oh and the x02 needs break in as well as your cats, tone/rasp should change after a few hundred miles or so.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Xet
I wouldn't be that bummed. It is extremely hard for our cars and z's to hit a true 300whp, besides all the bs high reading dynos it has been shown that a good amount of engine work needs to be done to hit that n/a. So your power without tune seems pretty accurate and good.
ok cool. I'm not really trying to hit 300 or even 280. Just expected more, ya know? I'll post up my results after I get a tune.

edit: Good to hear about the hfc and exhaust! I can't stand rasp! Sounds like a dam civic lol.

check it out on the dyno(although indoors sounds different).

Old 09-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
At this I don't plan to spend ANY money to make more power. These motors are relatively unresponsive to mods unless you go turbo/super.

I was used to SBC that would gain 20-30hp on headers and a cam would get you another 50 or more. This motor cost way too much to make decent power.

Handling/brake mods, that's a different story.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
where did you get dynoed? cin in charlotte and national speed in myrtle beach are the two most reliable and best tuning shops in NC. i highly doubt they would be running ac during their dynos, unless you got tuned elsewhere

Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by takeNotes
where did you get dynoed? cin in charlotte and national speed in myrtle beach are the two most reliable and best tuning shops in NC. i highly doubt they would be running ac during their dynos, unless you got tuned elsewhere
I went to cin. See the "cin" on the post in the video? I wasn't going to say their name but you asked lol. I could be mistaken but I highly doubt it, the AC was on when I drove off the dyno. I guess he could have turned it on after the dyno but who knows? Either way, they did great work and I will go back again very soon.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
I went to cin. See the "cin" on the post in the video? I wasn't going to say their name but you asked lol. I could be mistaken but I highly doubt it, the AC was on when I drove off the dyno. I guess he could have turned it on after the dyno but who knows? Either way, they did great work and I will go back again very soon.
Nice, my bad i skipped through the vid. How much did they take for the dyno? I think they said the first saturday of every month a dyno run is 30 bucks. Im goin there in about a week to install my shockwave tdx v2 and art pipes. Im definitely getting a dyno before and after and i also have an 04 5at coupe. you should come through and compare exhaust/mod gains. lemme know if you down. im gonna start organizing those charlotte meets after this exhaust install.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by takeNotes
Nice, my bad i skipped through the vid. How much did they take for the dyno? I think they said the first saturday of every month a dyno run is 30 bucks. Im goin there in about a week to install my shockwave tdx v2 and art pipes. Im definitely getting a dyno before and after and i also have an 04 5at coupe. you should come through and compare exhaust/mod gains. lemme know if you down. im gonna start organizing those charlotte meets after this exhaust install.
Both dyno runs were free since I got all those parts installed at once. Exactly why I like going there! Im down to go there on a dyno day, I asked about it and they said they haven't been doing them lately. See if you can find out when the next one is when you go up there. I'd be down to do another one after it all gets broken in just to see if that effects the numbers. Plus, it's just a fun experience lol

Old 09-26-2011, 11:16 PM
you got it

Old 11-01-2011, 07:35 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Project
Bolts on dont do anything on these cars. You need some type of boost to make real power. For now get the tune it will help you gain atleast another ten plus whatever the mods make.
Not necessarily true. I have an 05 sedan 5AT with the following mods:

MD ARTs
MD resonated XYZ
MD VQ TT exhaust with a resonated mid pipe
5/16" MD spacer
R2C intake
Osiris

These have netted me 39HP and 37 lb ft of TQ. Considering I started at 220HP stock, that's a 15% gain. Certainly not in the FI range but well worth the money IMO. Plus the car runs a lot smoother, isn't running lean any more, sounds freaking bad azz, and with the 3.5 diff swap is infinitely more fun to drive. Unfortunately the G isn't like a Mustang where additional power is easy to come by and relatively cheap but bolt-ons can be beneficial to us, they're just not cheap.

And yes, I'm a huge MD fan if you couldn't tell.

Here's a quick vid at UpRev after the ARTs went on:

Old 11-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by MADtotheA
Dam! Wonder what all mods were involved?
The biggest mod was getting dyno'd on the highest reading dynapack in the country.

The following 2 users liked this post by bigc:
dofu (11-01-2011), KnowScott (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Not necessarily true. I have an 05 sedan 5AT with the following mods:

MD ARTs
MD resonated XYZ
MD VQ TT exhaust with a resonated mid pipe
5/16" MD spacer
R2C intake
Osiris

These have netted me 39HP and 37 lb ft of TQ. Considering I started at 220HP stock, that's a 15% gain. Certainly not in the FI range but well worth the money IMO. Plus the car runs a lot smoother, isn't running lean any more, sounds freaking bad azz, and with the 3.5 diff swap is infinitely more fun to drive. Unfortunately the G isn't like a Mustang where additional power is easy to come by and relatively cheap but bolt-ons can be beneficial to us, they're just not cheap.

And yes, I'm a huge MD fan if you couldn't tell.

Here's a quick vid at UpRev after the ARTs went on:

You're so raw buddy

Anytime you run your A/C it cuts down your power. You obviously can't reach your net increase with the A/C running. First time i heard someone run the A/C while doing a dyne lol Why would you run the A/C while doing a dyno test lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Decent mods... Not so decent hp increase