G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

just bough 06 g35 coupe...looking for some advice!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2011 | 01:21 AM
|
just bough 06 g35 coupe...looking for some advice!!!

i just purchased today an infiniti g35 coupe 6 speed, this has always been a dream car of mine and i am ecstatic that i now so i own one. i know right off hand there are a few things that i definitely want to do to the car so just looking for some helpful opinions...

i want to get an air intake(boost the hp a little, and increase the sound some) was just kind of curious from peoples experience which brand seemed to be the best? whether it be hp gain, the pure sound, or affordability just kind of looking for help on that.

also, i want to get an exhaust system for it. i did some quick looking and magnaflow was popular but i really dont like the sound. i am really looking to keep that deeper throatier sound so i definitely want something better quality than magnaflow i think. i heard a borla exhaust system and it sounded very nice so i wasnt sure if anybody could vouche for it.

those are really the only 2 things that right now i am adament about doing, just looking for that little extra hp and better louder exhaust notes on acceleration as stock exhaust is somewhat quiete. if anybody has any other recommendations then by all means, as i said i just purchased today so i am very new to this process.

thank you in advance!

Old 09-30-2011 | 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by chrisinrockytop
i just purchased today an infiniti g35 coupe 6 speed, this has always been a dream car of mine and i am ecstatic that i now so i own one. i know right off hand there are a few things that i definitely want to do to the car so just looking for some helpful opinions...

i want to get an air intake(boost the hp a little, and increase the sound some) was just kind of curious from peoples experience which brand seemed to be the best? whether it be hp gain, the pure sound, or affordability just kind of looking for help on that.

also, i want to get an exhaust system for it. i did some quick looking and magnaflow was popular but i really dont like the sound. i am really looking to keep that deeper throatier sound so i definitely want something better quality than magnaflow i think. i heard a borla exhaust system and it sounded very nice so i wasnt sure if anybody could vouche for it.

those are really the only 2 things that right now i am adament about doing, just looking for that little extra hp and better louder exhaust notes on acceleration as stock exhaust is somewhat quiete. if anybody has any other recommendations then by all means, as i said i just purchased today so i am very new to this process.

thank you in advance!
Welcome

I would stick with the stock air box and buy a Z Tube and get a good air filter.
Our cars don't gain much hp with intakes and then there is the issue with heat soak. But if your looking for pure sound, look into the JWT Popcharger.

Exhaust, It depends on what your looking to spend. Most would say Motordyne.
You can look here https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...mpilation.html

If your looking for more hp the best gains are going to come from, Mrev2, 5/16 Spacer, HFC or ART Pipes, Exhaust and Osiris Tune.
If your looking for huge gains, save your money for forced induction.

Old 09-30-2011 | 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by chrisinrockytop

thank you in advance!
Start ur reading buddy, there are TONS of threads around this site and others about our cars. just search alot, read stickies, faq master thread (search it). TSB's, and oil consumption. start reading and enjoy, I've been here since 09 i think and im still reading.

Old 09-30-2011 | 02:43 AM
^ lol
try not to start a thread everytime you have a question. 90% of the time the question you have has been asked and answered already in the forums. You have to do alot of reading. I hate it but it keeps me occupied when im bored and working on a new upgrade.

Deff do the JWT Pop Charger I have it and i love it. No questions asked get it.

For the Exhaust depends on what your looking for. If you want crazy loud look into top speed, HKS, etc.

like the guy above me for more srs hp gains then looking into Spacers, tunes, High flow Cats, Test pipes.

Good luck with your modding.

Old 09-30-2011 | 02:51 AM
def get the jwt popcharger, i just bought my 06 this summer. and that intakes is nice

Old 09-30-2011 | 03:10 AM
I almost went with a Borla because I like the sound online. I have not heard one in person so I went with a Nismo S Tune since I heard it and loved it. I am very, very happy with it. I did not feel any power gains with it installed though. Congrats on your purchase! It's a great car.

Old 09-30-2011 | 03:12 AM
Also, I tried the Pop charger with the Z and it sounds awesome.. I never got sick of the little "Pssst" sound. I did feel the heat soak when the weather got hot. I guess it depends on where you live. I am thinking about the Stillen since it has a nice box but I have not heard the Stillen in person.

Post pics! What color did you get!?

Old 09-30-2011 | 04:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Originally Posted by nawalvicky

Deff do the JWT Pop Charger I have it and i love it. No questions asked get it.
Originally Posted by lij1
def get the jwt popcharger, i just bought my 06 this summer. and that intakes is nice
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Also, I tried the Pop charger with the Z and it sounds awesome.. I never got sick of the little "Pssst" sound. I did feel the heat soak when the weather got hot. I guess it depends on where you live. I am thinking about the Stillen since it has a nice box but I have not heard the Stillen in person.

Post pics! What color did you get!?
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get the pop charger if you live in a hot climate and give a crap about more performance. It looks nice in the bay and sounds great, but will kill your power due to heat soak. I had one for 3 weeks here in Texas and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It literally killed my performance at 100+ temps. If you're hell bent on adding the sweet sound of an intake, look into the Stillen mentioned by DH or the R2C which is what I run. They are both shielded from the heat in the bay and don't have an open filter sucking in all the hot air. The 'heat shield' on the pop is a joke. I've run the R2C for almost 2 years and am very happy with it. It isn't a popular choice on here and I can't really figure out why. They have one of the best filters on the market, it's a dry filter and washable, and they make a lot of the filters for the military. Designed to take abuse and keep on kicking butt.

Old 09-30-2011 | 09:38 AM
Welcome to DRIVER! Post some pic of your new coupe, we'd all like to see what you found. Intakes, Stillen makes the only intake/z-tube that won't suck up HP when the weather gets hot due to it's composite construction and enclosed giant K&N filter. Exhaust systems, not many good choices left except for MotorDyne! He has the sound and quality you're looking for. If you're looking for HP gains MotorDynes MREV2 & 5/16" spacer are worth 18+ RWHP for your '06 coupe. Good Luck!
* Don't even consider a Borla exhaust, I've been there....poor quality and sound!
Gary

Old 09-30-2011 | 10:37 PM
|
ok i posted some pictures haha let me know what everybody thinks, and yes it is a 6 speed. ive been looking around and i know stillen has a very strong name and is very well praised. ive looked at their z tube intake combo pack, cat back exhaust system, strut bar brace, and stillen's hi flow cats. anybody see any glaring problem with these additions. also i saw someonw talking about spacers, im not familiar with those??? thanks guys any help is appreciated

Old 09-30-2011 | 10:40 PM
|
oh and also the stillen headers

Old 09-30-2011 | 10:49 PM
Chris, read the posts and advice we're giving you. I doesn't do any good to ask questions and then not take advantage of our vast knowledge!
Gary

Old 09-30-2011 | 10:54 PM
|
so im sure im about to make a fool out of myself so please dont be too harsh on me...i found the mrev2 and the 5/16" spacer. what exactly is this? manifold, and a spacer? i also saw that there are different choices for the 5/16" spacer so i wasnt sure which was the appropriate choice? also, dumb question am i able to get this set and also still get the ztube and hi flow filter combo and have both together. the mrev2 isnt an air intake system correct? as i said i apologize because i know that these are dumb questions im sure i just have never heard of this part before. i am just looking for pretty reasonable and easy ways to add power to my g. dont want to go with turbo or nos too much of a hassle and too much to go wrong. but from what i have seen the ztube kit, exhaust, headers, and this mrev2 kit should add probably about 50hp which is what im looking for. once again my apologies for the dumb questions but you gotta learn somehow i suppose.

Old 09-30-2011 | 10:56 PM
|
Originally Posted by gary c
Chris, read the posts and advice we're giving you. I doesn't do any good to ask questions and then not take advantage of our vast knowledge!
Gary
i am reading your posts that have been put on here, am i missing something? from what i have gathered the stillen z tube is a good choice. the stillen exhaust is a possibility maybe not the best but will do. and the mrev2 is a great and affordable power source?!

am i missing something? im sorry!