G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Paint Housing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Just bring it to a body shop then. You trust a random person more than yourself? Body shop at least will pay if they **** up.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by nawalvicky
If you do this on your own let us now how it turns out. Im been debating this for sumtime also now. Im just as paranoid about effen up the lights. lol

It got to the point where i got all my tools ready. Emptied out the stove and pre heated the oven. Went to open the front bumper and walked right back in and chickened out lol. The DIY makes it look too easy smh....
Don't worry. I was terrified too. I did it just a couple of months ago; early August. I have no experience doing this kind of stuff... I'm a video game nerd and pretty much anti-social. But I said **** it, and just did it. There were some stressful moments, but in the end, the learning experience is so very satisfying. It's truly amazing, and I've said it a billion times; I just want to share this passion with y'all who might be missing out...

Almost had no idea what I was doing other than following the DIY, and it turned out beautiful... Just covered the area I wanted to stay chrome with tape, and it ended up very unique

Again, I know you don't want to do it yourself, and you're scared it'll cost you more, but the cost and experience, in my opinion, is unrivaled.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^^Best way to put it... And beautiful shot boy, is that an LED where your high beams are?

Old 10-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThatOneDude
Don't worry. I was terrified too. I did it just a couple of months ago; early August. I have no experience doing this kind of stuff... I'm a video game nerd and pretty much anti-social. But I said **** it, and just did it. There were some stressful moments, but in the end, the learning experience is so very satisfying. It's truly amazing, and I've said it a billion times; I just want to share this passion with y'all who might be missing out...

Almost had no idea what I was doing other than following the DIY, and it turned out beautiful... Just covered the area I wanted to stay chrome with tape, and it ended up very unique

Again, I know you don't want to do it yourself, and you're scared it'll cost you more, but the cost and experience, in my opinion, is unrivaled.
I'm jealous I would do it my self but my mom woul kill me if she caught me (I'm 17) lol so I'm just going to find a body shop to do it

Old 10-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Will_Ireally_AM
I'm jealous I would do it my self but my mom woul kill me if she caught me (I'm 17) lol so I'm just going to find a body shop to do it
Oh, that I understand. lol. My parents use to hate it when I worked on my car. "Don't do youself i give you money you let professional!" Back then, they didn't even let me change my own oil... (not that long ago).

Sorry to continuously ramble and urging you to do it; hoped to spread the joys!

Old 10-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I used to do all that stuff a while back. My previous car I DIY'd a ton of stuff and that was with out directions from a forum. I custom mounted a turbo timer in the dash, made my own sleepy eye kit with 4 PIAA fogs, and doesn't include other cars for people for other regular. There was a lot of cutting of the plastic with those projects too. It's not loike I'm not familiar with the car or cars...for some odd reason I jst can't do it. I need to channel my younger self to say f__k it and jst go

Old 10-16-2011, 03:37 AM
Alright im ready too do it. Im gonna do the best i can and see what happens. Just prob take me a whole day dough :x lol ...
I have a question dough i have the twilight Blue G. 04 i cant decide on a color to paint the housing .... can you guys give me some ideas.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vtvb4i.jpg

here is a pic of the color. Its a Very Dark Blue. Looks Black Half the time. I was thinking of actually doing it in twilight Blue but later on its gonna be a little hard to part out- sell.....

Old 10-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by nawalvicky
Alright im ready too do it. Im gonna do the best i can and see what happens. Just prob take me a whole day dough :x lol ...
I have a question dough i have the twilight Blue G. 04 i cant decide on a color to paint the housing .... can you guys give me some ideas.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vtvb4i.jpg

here is a pic of the color. Its a Very Dark Blue. Looks Black Half the time. I was thinking of actually doing it in twilight Blue but later on its gonna be a little hard to part out- sell.....
What about black? And if you black out your grille it might look pretty sick.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah, flat black would look sick with Twilight Blue!

Old 10-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Oh and painting your OEM wheels to gunmetal would be nice too