G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fastest G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gee. thats a bit hard to beleive...
but what mods does he have anyways? and what elevation and stuff areyou runing it at? maybe that has something to do with it.

i cant imagine a G running that fast without some racing slicks. or maybe im just a horrible drag driver.

Old 12-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Good luck finding any car with a lot of power hittin 11's on street tires. In fact, name one. The only cars I think would be capable of such a fleet would be all wheel drive cars (EVO 8 or WRX STI, with bigger turbos). My power to weight ratio matches a Ferrari 360. And like iLLG35 (Martin) said, post some pics and vids....I KNOW I have!

A stock zo6. Not the one coming out. The one from 01-04. Various magaznies have done it. (not motortrend they ran 12.2) I beleive the RECORD on zo6vette.com is 11.69. STOCK. Lots of 11.8's and 11.9's

Old 12-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Talking fast g35

Originally Posted by TxLawDawg
Just curious as to who has the fastest G35? Interested in both track times, dyno figures if available and any GPS top speeds...

I read in turbo magazine Dara Sodano's Havoline G35 dyno numbers where 780whp at the nopi nationals dyno challenge in atlanta.Dara also has a aebs stroker motor so does not apply to a stock vq35 engine.I here from alot of reps that its crazy fast and recently being rebuilt.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:00 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
I don't own a G35 yet, actually I have a mid 9 second Mustang (and yes I have pics!) but will be buying myself a new G in a couple months once my new job starts. I just graduated from law school and am waiting for my job to begin... but I am not just talking out of my ***... my roommate has a brand new Black 04 Coupe with the 6MT... it was modded as soon as it was bought and we will be picking it up in the next week from a friend that owns a shop in Dallas. It is heavily modded and has been tearing up the track in Ennis and raping modded Supras on Northwest Highway... on Nittos the car has run WELL into the 11's...

I was just trying to figure out who was the fastest and what they ran...
Really? I just happen to know some folks in the DFW area since I am building a house out in Glen Rose right now. I'd be intereted in knowinbg what your 11 sec G friend has.

Old 12-20-2004, 11:47 PM
I don't own a G35 yet, actually I have a mid 9 second Mustang (and yes I have pics!) but will be buying myself a new G in a couple months once my new job starts. I just graduated from law school and am waiting for my job to begin... but I am not just talking out of my ***... my roommate has a brand new Black 04 Coupe with the 6MT... it was modded as soon as it was bought and we will be picking it up in the next week from a friend that owns a shop in Dallas. It is heavily modded and has been tearing up the track in Ennis and raping modded Supras on Northwest Highway... on Nittos the car has run WELL into the 11's...

i bet hes running the nt555 dr
if hes beating supras some one on here or some were wouild post it and i would be all over the supra forums with i just checked its not

Old 12-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Yes it was on Nitto Drag radials... but they are still street tires... Ennis is considered a sea level track so no elevation issues... its a custom turbo setup with lots of goodies... and I don't know about Supras posting race kills or not because I haven't looked but our friend has been doing alot of killing on some high hp cars... oh, I forgot to mention that our "friend" is Kenny Tran and he has been doing the driving thus far!

Old 12-21-2004, 09:35 AM
First, saying that a car cannot run 11s on street tires is down right silly. There are thousands of cars running 11s on street tires. I have owned two. No not drag radials either - plain old hard compound street tires. Give me an old camaro and about $6k to put into the drivetrain and I'll run low 11s all day long.
Second, I know that a lot of BS goes on when talking cars. Half of the guys claiming 500hp prob only have 350 - due to fibbing or ignorance. But you guys - especially those of you that have FI on your G - need to accept that just cuz you aren't putting up monster numbers doesn't mean that someone else isn't. My G will remain pretty stock. However, I promise you that If I chose to build it, I could do so for a lot less money than some of you have spent and end up with way more power. If this guy's car has a custom FI system, guess what, it's probably better than the one you bought off the shelf. Even with shelf parts, some of you don't have the knowledge to assemble the right combination of parts for the most effective package. I'm not in any way claiming to be a HP geru - especially not about the G. But the fact is that some of the questions and comments made show a lack of knowledge - it doesn't make you dumb - just uninformed. For example, when building Mitsu Eclipses was popular on the street, everyone was after the biggest turbo they could get their hands on. Well guess what. You go bolt that turbo onto a car without the proper matching mods and it is still gonna run right around stock times.

Getting off the soapbaox now - love to all.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Thumbs down

I still have a hard time believing that your friend was raping modded Supras on Northwest Highway…. Since some of the fastest Supra is in youre area, are you sure they are modded or Turbo? Unless he has some video of his kill or track time I might believe it. Just my $.02

Old 12-21-2004, 11:11 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by CraZeeG35c
A stock zo6. Not the one coming out. The one from 01-04. Various magaznies have done it. (not motortrend they ran 12.2) I beleive the RECORD on zo6vette.com is 11.69. STOCK. Lots of 11.8's and 11.9's

That's pretty true, every car that is rated i dont believe are by professional drivers! There is this professional drag racer ont he M3 forums who got into a bone stock M3 and was launching it at 5k rpm and ran a 12.7 bone stock i have the video, then he put in power pullies and was running 12.4's i have those videos also, it all depends on the driver! I believe the G35 has the capability its just that no one has showed me what it can actually do with FI, so many people have it and w/e but there are no dyno's, track runs except for a few and that was a sedan, or any other proof! The fact that there is nothing really on these cars is why i didnt want to go FI, it was the combo of being a big expense with either rebuilding and going FI OR blowing my motor and causing me to rebuild anyway costing more $ and for what? I didnt know what the car would be capable of at all because the only test results i see of FI are garbage!

Road and track did a test in their "speed" ver. magazine on a stillen supercharged g35 coupe and it got a 5.1 0-60 and 13.3 1/4 mile and ont he next page greddy TT kit got a 5.3 0-60 and 13.5-7 i forgot, thats a complete turn off to me for the money that is being spent!

Old 12-21-2004, 11:23 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
[QUOTE=TxLawDawg]Yes it was on Nitto Drag radials... but they are still street tires... QUOTE]

So you've proved my point...the tires I'm running on are TRUE street tires (Yokohama AVS ES100's) and there for I feel i'm getting the best time I can get considering.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:24 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
]Yes it was on Nitto Drag radials... but they are still street tires...
So you've proved my point...the tires I'm running on are TRUE street tires (Yokohama AVS ES100's) and there for I feel i'm getting the best time I can get considering.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:29 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by omahaG
First, saying that a car cannot run 11s on street tires is down right silly. There are thousands of cars running 11s on street tires. I have owned two. No not drag radials either - plain old hard compound street tires. Give me an old camaro and about $6k to put into the drivetrain and I'll run low 11s all day long.
Second, I know that a lot of BS goes on when talking cars. Half of the guys claiming 500hp prob only have 350 - due to fibbing or ignorance. But you guys - especially those of you that have FI on your G - need to accept that just cuz you aren't putting up monster numbers doesn't mean that someone else isn't. My G will remain pretty stock. However, I promise you that If I chose to build it, I could do so for a lot less money than some of you have spent and end up with way more power. If this guy's car has a custom FI system, guess what, it's probably better than the one you bought off the shelf. Even with shelf parts, some of you don't have the knowledge to assemble the right combination of parts for the most effective package. I'm not in any way claiming to be a HP geru - especially not about the G. But the fact is that some of the questions and comments made show a lack of knowledge - it doesn't make you dumb - just uninformed. For example, when building Mitsu Eclipses was popular on the street, everyone was after the biggest turbo they could get their hands on. Well guess what. You go bolt that turbo onto a car without the proper matching mods and it is still gonna run right around stock times.

Getting off the soapbaox now - love to all.
The dif is, I have over 2000 posts on this forum and people know I'm NOT full of BS. This guys had under 10 when he started the thread so his credibility is questioned. I'm not claiming that I have the fastest G, in fact, I know I don't. And, if you read my original post, you'd see that. My knowledge is enough to know when someone is trying to start a flame war and when they are genuinely curious. This thread was clearly to start a flame war and for that, I concede. I will not entertain this thread any longer.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by iLLG35
That's pretty true, every car that is rated i dont believe are by professional drivers! There is this professional drag racer ont he M3 forums who got into a bone stock M3 and was launching it at 5k rpm and ran a 12.7 bone stock i have the video, then he put in power pullies and was running 12.4's i have those videos also, it all depends on the driver!

those times cant be on street tires

Old 12-21-2004, 12:18 PM
The dif is, I have over 2000 posts on this forum and people know I'm NOT full of BS. This guys had under 10 when he started the thread so his credibility is questioned. I'm not claiming that I have the fastest G, in fact, I know I don't. And, if you read my original post, you'd see that. My knowledge is enough to know when someone is trying to start a flame war and when they are genuinely curious. This thread was clearly to start a flame war and for that, I concede. I will not entertain this thread any longer.
I don't disagree with you at all. And I was by no means calling BS on you. I was actually trying to add an unbiased opinion. Your times are very respectable. I still believe, however, that I could build a FI G and run quicker on street tires. Yes, I know, then shut up and show us. I don't have the time or $ right now and it is of course only my opinion. It's all good.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Good luck finding any car with a lot of power hittin 11's on street tires. In fact, name one.
The '02+ Z06 has broken into the high 11's bone stock on the stock street tires on many different occassions. Granted, these are with some of the best drag drivers with perfect track conditions, but they aren't professional drag racers, just regular Z06 owners.

The '03+ Vipers will also do high 11's on street tires, and many exotic supercars (like the Carrera GT, Enzo, Ford GT, etc.) will do 11's on street tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fastest G35?