G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

FEELER: Upgraded Rear Toe Bolt Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by c_morse
You may want to look again. The Eibach kit is nothing more than the SPC kit rebranded and sold for a $20 mark up. Please try to refrain from spreading the wrong information in my thread. I'm trying to do this to help the community a little bit and misinformation such as yours only hurts the knowledge base on this site.
On the contrary, i think you will probably find that the Eibach kit has more likely been re branded by SPC. I also paid far less for the Eibach than i would have for SPC.

And just how is stating that Eibach also do a kit that work as well as std bolts misinformation?

What your basically saying is that all extended adjustment camber/toe bolts are rubbish and that the ones you intend to market are perfect, can you then explain just how much loading there is on the std or modified camber/toe bolts, that requires high tensile strength bots and washers to be used, when Nissan did not see fit to use them.

Feel free to help the community (market your own design) but to kick off when someone has the audacity to mention an alternative.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Received 129 Likes on 76 Posts
Your misinformation, good Sir, is calling the Eibach, SPC, etc toe bolt kits the same design as OEM. It's been proven time and again that thanks to the design of the toe bolts that you're comparing to OEM (that being that they're nearly cut in half and stretch when torque is applied) they simply can't and won't hold a proper alignment.

So yes, you're spreading misinformation. Also, Eibach is known to rebrand other items as their own (Eibach Pro Street Coilover kit is rebranded KW) so I stand by my statement that they've rebranded the SPC kit and charge more. A simple price check shows prices of $50 to $60 for the Eibach kit while the same offering from SPC goes for $40 or $50.

Others have had a lot of success simply machining a set of grade 10.9 bolts to match the SPC's but I've decided to take it a step further. And furthermore I don't appreciate your insinuation that I'm trying to peddle a product for the sake of making money. I don't care if I make a cent on the kits of others want them. I'm just trying to help out by designing a better product than what is currently offered.

EDIT: took the last line out because while I'm raging at work I think I need to keep this at least half way civilized.

Last edited by c_morse; 01-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Regardless of weather the Eibach is SPC etc etc, or not, all i did was point out that i have used the Eibach bolts and they are perfectly satisfactory, been fitted for a year, and i recently had my alignment checked and its still to spec, they where tightened to 59ftlb rather than the the factory spec of the original 9T bolts IE 74ftlb, as they are 1.5 pitch and not 1.75 like original, and they are still not showing any sign of allowing misalignment!

And since we are on the subject of knowing what we are talking about, all bolts stretch initially when first tightened, which is why tightening torque guides where developed,

My comment was a simple result of your OTT reaction to my post that i was quite happy which the bolts i am using, i didn't knock you idea in any way, so the conclusion was a case of "he doth protest too much" you made too much of a big deal in trying to shout me down and discredit me, nothing wrong with your idea, but your attitude sucks!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:39 PM
You're right. Long day. Better way to have gone about it. My apologies.

It's taken me a long time to sift through the BS through searching to arrive at a point of being very dissatisfied with the current aftermarket offerings that a LOT of people have had problems with. My reaction came from the fact that when I was asked why I didn't go with the OEM key design you stated that there was already a kit like that on the market. There's not.

Count yourself lucky yours have done so well. A lot of people have had an experience 180 degrees out from yours. This is a novel attempt to address those issues and make a better product for hopefully not much coin.

Last edited by c_morse; 01-20-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Accepted! we just got of on the wrong foot, we can all get a little crabby when we get the right stimuli
I was convinced the Eibachs i have where slotted, but it has been a year, i agree that slotted are far better and with a fine pitch will take much more tightening torque, but i see where your going with your design, while it would be relatively easy to slot the bolts, i suspect making the washers with the corresponding tang would prove a bit more time consuming?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Yes I believe he would have had a lot more work and this was just a "beer job."

I have the finished pieces sitting in front of me now (still at work) and I really believe they're going to do a much better job than the SPC design could. I'll get some pics up when I get home tonight.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
so how much did this end up costing ?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I have to figure out the cost of the bolts, since I already had them laying around. He provided the labor and the steel for the washers. His end of it cost me buying him dinner next week. I'd say he'd want somewhere between $20 and $40 plus the cost of the bolts for future sets. Haven't nailed down a price with him for it yet.

The hardest part... the program for the washers... is done. Now all it'll be is milling down the bolts in the future and welding washers to them after they run in the machine.

All in all they should be priced pretty competitively with what a new SPC kit goes for.

And I'm not looking to make money on this. The money given to me by anyone that wants a set will cover the cost of the bolts and nuts, his price, and shipping.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I'm glad I went with SPL Adjusters/Toe bolts not sure about the washers, but they're working. The stainless bolts that come with our upper strut bars (China ****) are worthless, replaced mine with grade -8 bolts/nuts and washers....Gary

Old 01-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Alright guys, here they are:

The new eccentric bolt kits.

The washers welded on the bolt heads.

Another view of the welds.

Tried to take a picture of the keying on the washers/bolts.

SPC bolt on the left, new bolt on the right. More material is missing from the SPC bolt.

SPC washer on the left, new washer on the right. Notice that the keying leaves more material between the hole and the edge of the washer.

Again, SPC washer on the left. Tried to show the inconsistencies with the washer created by punching it. The new washer is CNC machined and the edges are straight.

SPC washer on the left again. Tried to show how crappy the hole in the original washer was with this picture.

Anyway, I'm impressed with how everything came out. Should be installing on Sunday!

Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Hey c morse, put some shoes on....

Old 01-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah, yeah...

I'm in SC, barefoot/flip-flops year-round is a lifestyle.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Well I don't think I'm going to get to install these today. I'm sick as a dog. Looks like this will wait until next weekend.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000k too late..

This thread is great. Very informative. I wish I had found it sooner. I am an 350z owner and my rear alignment has been haunting me for too long. I cant even count the alignments I have had on this car, just not understanding that these bolts suck. I purchased a warranty with the car a couple years ago in which would have covered this issue. I am 2000 miles too late.
So, I have 2 questions;

1. Would there be any possibility of this being covered under warranty still; as it's been an unsolved problem for at least 20k miles?

2. If it does end up being covered, would it be worth the 50 dollar deductible for them to put new bolts on? More specifically, would they immediately have the same problem as my old sets, or would it take a while to create that much slop in the washer?

3. Are the washers that you machined on your car and how are they doing?

My alignment doesnt last more than 2 weeks before its back to being out of wack.

I am at my wits end with this issue and if I can't figure it out soon, I will have to consider selling. I cant keep buying new tires.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:21 AM
The kit is on my car and has been for some time now. I've had zero problems with alignment. It is holding true. You do know that I made these as an alternative to the SPC kit to give me MORE toe adjustment? These aren't a replacement for the OEM bolts as if you're on stock suspension the OEM's are more than sufficient.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FEELER: Upgraded Rear Toe Bolt Kit